• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Daniel Ek

Is The KroenkeOut 🛩️ going to work?

• Yes

Votes: 44 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 69 39.2%
  • Don’t know Jeff

Votes: 63 35.8%

• Total voters

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

May I just ask, I'm not a business type person so I wouldn't have much idea, if this bid goes well & Ek takes over, who would be on the board, would he be one of the guys at all? The Kroenkes because they are shareholders now are they part of the board or is the board completely different to the shareholders/owners?

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Well it certainly wasn't a move that was opposed, aside from a few people who were familiar with his (underwhelming) work from Spain like myself, or a few others. The point is in general Arsenal fans were happy with the appointment, which was in reality a terrible, incompetent hire.
Manager with 14 years coaching experience, had won 3 EL back-to-back-to-back not two years since we hired him, just coming off the back of managing a massive club like PSG. That's an "incompetent hire", yet someone with zero management experience isn't....

The last sentence here is also a massively generous way of putting it, sure, he came within a whisker of those two things, but in doing so he just continued the decline of the club
Emery:

Improved on the points tally in Wenger's previous season
Improved on the league position in Wenger's previous season
Improved on the gap between CL in Wenger's previous season
And got us to a European final

If that's classed as "continuing the decline of the club" then what is the following classed as for Arteta:

Lowest points tally in over 2 decades
Lowest league position in over 2 decades
Oversaw worse run of form/results in over 4 decades
etc....And many more.

...there was never a moment when it was a good project under him,
As I stated Emery was brought in to get us CL football after two years out of it. We didn't want to risk being cut adrift for years and thus continually losing ground in a self-perpetuating circle of failure. That was his project and he nearly achieved it. You're equating "project" with "style of play" which is even more pointless since under Arteta we're faaaaar less exciting then we were under Emery.

his good first half--which him coming a whisker from CL in the league was based upon--was built upon results far exceeding performance level.
In his "bad" second half of the season Emery got 11 wins for the last 18 PL games. Arteta currently has 13 wins from 33 PL games. Oh how I'd love for us to find that "bad" Emery 2nd half of the season form....

He got destroyed by a pretty mediocre Chelsea team in the final,
Yeah now we get destroyed by mediocre Villa and Wolves sides who do the double over us...

meanwhile (Wenger's EL run, almost beating a superior Atlético to that Chelsea in semis, was a better one)
Emery came up against Napoli, Valencia and Chelsea. All 3 sides played CL football the following season. Wenger Milan and Atleti. The run is more than comparable

Arteta couldn't have picked up the club in a worse place...he would've been far better off picking it up from Wenger.
So when Emery actually improves on results from the previous season he gets no credit for it and you instead say he actually contributed to a decline. But when Arteta deteriorates on results from previous season it's not his fault or blame....

Meh, this is only true if you're really ignoring everything interesting about football, all tactical detail, all analysis.

Believe it or not, and I know this might be shocking to you since you've well and truly drunk the Arteta cool-aid, but stats like "chance of winning" are not as interesting or exciting as...wait for it....actually winning.

Emery's "good" season he had 59 xPTs. Arteta currently in his first full season [...] has 50.72 xPTS in 33 games, 1.53 xPTS a game to Em*ry's 1.55 in his """good""" season, in a less competitive league environment, picking up a team that even in a disaster season was getting 1.73 xPTS per game. Arteta picked up a team in absolute disarray and with a terrible performance level thanks to Em*ry's predictably terrible work since his hire, and instead of going from 1.73 xPTS/g to 1.55 went from 1.23 xPTS to 1.32 xPTS in that same season, and 1.23 xPTS to 1.45 xPTS in his full reign so far.
xPTS is a subjective stat. Once again. A SUBJECTIVE stat. It also varies from model to model

In this model we were predicted to have a xPTs of 63

In this model as well while posting what the xPTs it can be calculated using the raw xG and xGA stats for each game.

It also varies widely from the other two, take the last game of the season for example against Burnley, Understat (which I presume is where you got your xPTs stats from since they also have 59 pt) says we had an xPTs of 2.17 for that game while one above has us at 1.38.

The difference is in ALL three of the models they all show Emery's Arsenal as being 5th in xPts, which is exactly the league position he achieved. While with Arteta the footballxg model shows him as being 9th while the Understat model shows him as 7th, potentially 8th with Villa's game in hand. So even with this subjective, varied model, Emery still beats Arteta in terms of league performances.

in a harder league environment (in Em*ry's first season a team that is not close to our performance level this season, Wolves, was the closest competition and the team that overperformed us, Leicester and Everton were crap, the former battling relegation for much of the season, the latter managed by Marco Silva, and still came within 3 xPTS and 4 xPTS respectively...without mentioning Villa, West Ham, Leeds-- league environment is really important here, the league is similar at the top but the quality of the midtable teams has changed greatly),

The spin here is insane. Wolves being competitive in Emery's 1st season (which the further proved ones a fluke by also getting 7th the following season and reach a European 1/4 final) and poor this season means the league was poor in Emery's 1st season, no no no it has nothing to do with form. But Leicester and Everton being crap that season was based on form and them being good this season is indicative of the strength of the league.... You're so desperate to praise Arteta and disparage Emery it's bordering on freakish.

People have a way of removing all context from the Em*ry / Arteta debate.
The incredbile bare face cheek of a comment like this given the numerous proofs presented above of you tripping over yourself to misconstrue events and stats to boost Arteta and criticise Emery. I mean if that wasn't enough the fact you censoring his name like a curse word shows how much of biased freak you are.

Order of events matters. Em*ry in no way should've been the hire after Wenger. If Arteta could've started off his project then, instead of picking up after the considerable damage Em*ry did, we'd have been much better off, and much more advanced in the project, and evolving with the league which is improving year after year instead of devolving as we did under Em*ry, only to play a game of catch up.
Once again as I proved above this pathetic outright like doesn't work when Emery improved on much of Wenger's 1st season while under Arteta we're declining. Do you honestly believe the rubbish your typing here? It doesn't even make sense. You're so desperate to defended Arteta and disparage Emery you're willing to make objectively nonsensically statements.

Now, onto the observable differences. Arteta has shown an ability to effectively change formation and adapt to personnel, from the first couple games we saw this when he had Xhaka drop often into a LB position to offer him more space and time on the ball, while placing Saka at LB to counteract Xhaka's lack of running higher up the pitch, from the clever 3-4-3 / 4-3-3 he designed to help us with our cup run, to now the use of Xhaka in an interesting sort of hybrid LCB/left biased DM/LB role. Em*ry's tactical adjustments were typically failed, he didn't succeed in transmitting the "ideas" (in quotes because I really don't think Em*ry has any ideas about football) to his players (the very definition of a manager's job), and were typically reversed with halftime substitutions because they didn't work.
We have 2 defeats and a draw against relegation fodder in the 5 games Xhaka has been played as LB. How is that and effective formation change? The false 9 last night was a stroke of tactical genius yeah? Consistently playing Auba outwide has also really gotten the best out of him. Taking nearly half a season to drop the abysmal Willian was also proof of his willingness to adapt personnel as well? His misuse of young talent like Martenlli, Saliba and Guendouzi leniency towards terrible old farts and consistently let us down is further proof of his effective man management skills...

I honestly don't even know why I'm continuing to type this reply at this point, you're a cultist.

Pressing, coherence of possession play and build-up, defensive organisation....it seems like people have quickly forgotten the days of Em*ry when we were constantly being outshot by relegation teams like Watford and Southampton by ridiculous amounts (what was it, 34 shots we received to our 9 or 11 against Watford, FFS?). Anyways, all those things have improved under Arteta. If you take away the first 14 games of the season before ESR, which was a major miscalculation on Arteta and Edu's part, going into the season with that personnel (personnel with limitations that Em*ry never experienced...he had a younger Özil and Ramsey available, we had literally not one chance creator / player capable of playing and operating in between lines, short of Saka, who is a wide player), the divide is even bigger...since then we are at 1.71 xPTS per game, a performance level we've never seen under Em*ry despite a more favourable league environment, and which is well off the 1.23 xPTS level he picked up at, or the 1.47 xPTS he achieved over the entirety of his reign. (This is relevant, of course, because, ahem, context: up until Arteta installed ESR in the lineup, and after the poor summer planning, I was very much doubting him too as manager; since then he has convinced me).

Hahahahah. Cites up just two games to criticise Emery but wants to ignore 14, again, FORTEEN, games to further his pro-Arteta agenda. You're done.

All this without mentioning Arteta's abilities to galvanise a group and keep the team motivated and on board with him...of course we know there that there is no comparison. Arteta has already had more games with the team than Em*ry, and Em*ry had lost the team about 10-15 games earlier than Arteta's current game total. Also convinced a few important players to sign contracts (Auba, Ødegaard, Luiz), as noted by other posters.
If being 10th, losing PL 13 games, going on the worst run in 40 years, going something like 10 games with a goal from open play etc.. is what happens when he "motivate" the team then he'd probably have us 20th if they weren't "motivated".

If someone wanted to counter spin this using your moronic style they could easily say

"Emery achieved 5th and EL final all while the team was against him and constantly trying to undermine him and being terrible human beings by constantly mocking him on personal level"

But I'm above that. Seek help pal

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Manager with 14 years coaching experience, had won 3 EL back-to-back-to-back not two years since we hired him, just coming off the back of managing a massive club like PSG. That's an "incompetent hire", yet someone with zero management experience isn't....

Emery:

If that's classed as "continuing the decline of the club" then what is the following classed as for Arteta:

etc....And many more.

As I stated Emery was brought in to get us CL football after two years out of it. We didn't want to risk being cut adrift for years and thus continually losing ground in a self-perpetuating circle of failure. That was his project and he nearly achieved it. You're equating "project" with "style of play" which is even more pointless since under Arteta we're faaaaar less exciting then we were under Emery.

In his "bad" second half of the season Emery got 11 wins for the last 18 PL games. Arteta currently has 13 wins from 33 PL games. Oh how I'd love for us to find that "bad" Emery 2nd half of the season form....

Yeah now we get destroyed by mediocre Villa and Wolves sides who do the double over us...

Emery came up against Napoli, Valencia and Chelsea. All 3 sides played CL football the following season. Wenger Milan and Atleti. The run is more than comparable

So when Emery actually improves on results from the previous season he gets no credit for it and you instead say he actually contributed to a decline. But when Arteta deteriorates on results from previous season it's not his fault or blame....

Believe it or not, and I know this might be shocking to you since you've well and truly drunk the Arteta cool-aid, but stats like "chance of winning" are not as interesting or exciting as...wait for it....actually winning.

xPTS is a subjective stat. Once again. A SUBJECTIVE stat. It also varies from model to model

In this model as well while posting what the xPTs it can be calculated using the raw xG and xGA stats for each game.

It also varies widely from the other two, take the last game of the season for example against Burnley, Understat (which I presume is where you got your xPTs stats from since they also have 59 pt) says we had an xPTs of 2.17 for that game while one above has us at 1.38.

The difference is in ALL three of the models they all show Emery's Arsenal as being 5th in xPts, which is exactly the league position he achieved. While with Arteta the footballxg model shows him as being 9th while the Understat model shows him as 7th, potentially 8th with Villa's game in hand. So even with this subjective, varied model, Emery still beats Arteta in terms of league performances.

The spin here is insane. Wolves being competitive in Emery's 1st season (which the further proved ones a fluke by also getting 7th the following season and reach a European 1/4 final) and poor this season means the league was poor in Emery's 1st season, no no no it has nothing to do with form. But Leicester and Everton being crap that season was based on form and them being good this season is indicative of the strength of the league.... You're so desperate to praise Arteta and disparage Emery it's bordering on freakish.

The incredbile bare face cheek of a comment like this given the numerous proofs presented above of you tripping over yourself to misconstrue events and stats to boost Arteta and criticise Emery. I mean if that wasn't enough the fact you censoring his name like a curse word shows how much of biased freak you are.

Once again as I proved above this pathetic outright like doesn't work when Emery improved on much of Wenger's 1st season while under Arteta we're declining. Do you honestly believe the rubbish your typing here? It doesn't even make sense. You're so desperate to defended Arteta and disparage Emery you're willing to make objectively nonsensically statements.

We have 2 defeats and a draw against relegation fodder in the 5 games Xhaka has been played as LB. How is that and effective formation change? The false 9 last night was a stroke of tactical genius yeah? Consistently playing Auba outwide has also really gotten the best out of him. Taking nearly half a season to drop the abysmal Willian was also proof of his willingness to adapt personnel as well? His misuse of young talent like Martenlli, Saliba and Guendouzi leniency towards terrible old farts and consistently let us down is further proof of his effective man management skills...

I honestly don't even know why I'm continuing to type this reply at this point, you're a cultist.

Hahahahah. Cites up just two games to criticise Emery but wants to ignore 14, again, FORTEEN, games to further his pro-Arteta agenda. You're done.

If being 10th, losing PL 13 games, going on the worst run in 40 years, going something like 10 games with a goal from open play etc.. is what happens when he "motivate" the team then he'd probably have us 20th if they weren't "motivated".

If someone wanted to counter spin this using your moronic style they could easily say

"Emery achieved 5th and EL final all while the team was against him and constantly trying to undermine him and being terrible human beings by constantly mocking him on personal level"

Fam you didn't have to do him like this.

tenor.gif

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
It seems like you're making stuff up:

xGD (over the season)
Arsenal: 2.6
United: 11.7
Wolves: 11.2

It would seem that model has us even worse off. (Indeed, it has us as a distant 8th, well off Wolves and also a good bit off Leicester's 6.8 xGD)

I'll respond to the rest but honestly people who rate Em*ry I just can't take very seriously. You can rate Arteta however you want but rating him, or rating him more than Arteta is just nonsense, honestly, and I don't think shows much understanding of football at all.

Makes up stats to debate...calls other person a cultist. Ok then. 🤷‍♂️ Thanks for alerting me to stuff that strengthens my argument, though. 👍

Bit incoherent this argument, considering with Em*ry we won **** all and with Arteta we've already won an FA Cup. Can't have it both ways...

Last edited:

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
14 years of quite mediocre CV in league performances (which is 38 games of the season, about 3/4). Coming off the back of failing miserably at PSG. Yes, that's quite an incompetent hire, despite your desperate attempts to twist it, as if managing at PSG, despite failing dismally and proving he was absolutely not equipped to manage a big club--which should've outright disqualified him for our hire to pick up after Wenger, when we were still on the border of being a big club--as if it was some kind of positive on his CV... (and I'm the cultist 😂).

Emery:

Suspiciously leaves out the 2nd season, lol.

Not to mention I've already addressed that our results were incredibly flukish that season, as can be seen by the xG models (despite you making stuff up to act like that's not a fact...). We may have outperformed Wenger's pts tally, but in terms of actual performance level, we declined massively. But it suits you to ignore that, and make up stats that say we deserved our position 😂 (we didn't).
xPTS is a subjective stat. Once again. A SUBJECTIVE stat.
To an extent. It's far more objective than us yelling at each other: "we flukishly outperformed performance level in Em*ry's first season"--which is supported by the stats and any kind of intelligent viewing, any kind of analysis of what's going on tactically on the pitch--and you yelling back "we deserved our pts and league position".

Not at all, it's clear that 4-10 has improved a great deal in England. West Ham could be called form (a team far outperforming its xG)--Leicester since Rodgers has been a bigger competition and a factor in the top 4-10 that it wasn't in that season for Em*ry (despite finishing with a better xG than his Arsenal, lol). There was no Bielsa-managed Leeds that season, no Villa, Everton hadn't made the big investment they have to have a strong squad (if not perhaps the most interestingly managed one under late-career Ancelotti). I'm talking about league trends here which are clear to everyone who doesn't have an agenda.

The incredbile bare face cheek of a comment like this given the numerous proofs presented above of you tripping over yourself to misconstrue events and stats to boost Arteta and criticise Emery
Again, oh the irony! Says the guy literally making up stats, lol, while posting stuff that actually weakens his argument 😂

I mean if that wasn't enough the fact you censoring his name like a curse word shows how much of biased freak you are.
I censor his name because his incompetent hire was as bad a moment as we've experienced as Arsenal fans in the past decades. We sacked Wenger a number of years too late but still with an interesting platform to build on, and still without the competition completely catching up to us Liverpool under Dalglish style, only to go and hire an absolutely terrible candidate, who would, predictably, go and bring the club further back (8th in xG according to your model in his first season, left us in 13th and in complete disarray and with a complete lack of direction or philosophy / identity whatsoever in his second). It was also the day that removed all doubt that our important decision makers (Gazidis, fat assclown Raül) in charge of the direction of the club were totally clueless. And we are still suffering from that terrible, terrible decision today.

Once again as I proved above this pathetic outright like doesn't work when Emery improved on much of Wenger's 1st season while under Arteta we're declining.

He didn't. You made that up, lol. There is simply no argument for saying that a man who took the club back significantly in terms of xG total took the club forward. Aside from what any intelligent observer could see in 18-19-- we had gone backwards performance-wise. Hang onto flukishly improving the pts total by 1 pt all you want; anyone who knows a thing about football saw how, despite having an absolute disaster season in Wenger's last, Em*ry managed to take the bar and bury it even further in the soil.

Pure agenda-driven extremist drivel this. Not even worth responding to from a guy who projects unto the other his state of cultist.

What are you talking about? I'm the one who says we should've paid attention to the large samples (ie, his whole league CV as much here in Spain as his massive failure in Paris) in Em*ry's terribly underwhelming CV. I'm the one who's only talking about totalities of reigns. I don't ignore 14, I mention that I was very much on the fence or ready to give up on him after those 14 games, but that there's been a clear reverse in trend since those games, where we were paying for very poor summer planning (the same summer planning, funnily enough, that many of the geniuses on here, who are now slating Arteta, "applauded"--the majority of the forum wanted to tell me that getting Thomas was more important than a 10, let's not forget...).

As for your assertions of being some Arteta fanatist (something you clearly are, like many other kneejerkers here, in the inverse), I've posted over months and months in the Arteta thread. When I first signed up for this forum you can find me arguing with Lokemenian and others tempering their enthusiasm about Arteta and raising significant doubts I had about him then (doubts he has in many ways assuaged since late December, converting me more in favour of him; that said, the errors in terms of over-conservativism in his first season and at times in the first 14 games, and the miscalculated summer planning, are clear to see, and have been part of his learning process).

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

Emery:

etc....And many more.

Fatality. 👍

mirrorstare

Why do you lot always bring up your past in the forum? like anyone cares. If someone considers you're talking ****, what on earth makes you think he'll be motivated to dig up the archives to find the ancient **** you were talking back then.

"I predicted 5 eons ago this would happen and AM told me otherwise" so what? what matters is the present and the present shows your football knowledge is lacking. You got older but not wiser, you should be ashamed of yourself instead of bragging.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
14 years of quite mediocre CV in league performances (which is 38 games of the season, about 3/4). Coming off the back of failing miserably at PSG. Yes, that's quite an incompetent hire, despite your desperate attempts to twist it, as if managing at PSG, despite failing dismally and proving he was absolutely not equipped to manage a big club--which should've outright disqualified him for our hire to pick up after Wenger, when we were still on the border of being a big club--as if it was some kind of positive on his CV... (and I'm the cultist 😂).

Suspiciously leaves out the 2nd season, lol.

Not to mention I've already addressed that our results were incredibly flukish that season, as can be seen by the xG models (despite you making stuff up to act like that's not a fact...). We may have outperformed Wenger's pts tally, but in terms of actual performance level, we declined massively. But it suits you to ignore that, and make up stats that say we deserved our position 😂 (we didn't).

To an extent. It's far more objective than us yelling at each other: "we flukishly outperformed performance level in Em*ry's first season"--which is supported by the stats and any kind of intelligent viewing, any kind of analysis of what's going on tactically on the pitch--and you yelling back "we deserved our pts and league position".

Not at all, it's clear that 4-10 has improved a great deal in England. West Ham could be called form (a team far outperforming its xG)--Leicester since Rodgers has been a bigger competition and a factor in the top 4-10 that it wasn't in that season for Em*ry (despite finishing with a better xG than his Arsenal, lol). There was no Bielsa-managed Leeds that season, no Villa, Everton hadn't made the big investment they have to have a strong squad (if not perhaps the most interestingly managed one under late-career Ancelotti). I'm talking about league trends here which are clear to everyone who doesn't have an agenda.

Again, oh the irony! Says the guy literally making up stats, lol, while posting stuff that actually weakens his argument 😂

I censor his name because his incompetent hire was as bad a moment as we've experienced as Arsenal fans in the past decades. We sacked Wenger a number of years too late but still with an interesting platform to build on, and still without the competition completely catching up to us Liverpool under Dalglish style, only to go and hire an absolutely terrible candidate, who would, predictably, go and bring the club further back (8th in xG according to your model in his first season, left us in 13th and in complete disarray and with a complete lack of direction or philosophy / identity whatsoever in his second). It was also the day that removed all doubt that our important decision makers (Gazidis, fat assclown Raül) in charge of the direction of the club were totally clueless. And we are still suffering from that terrible, terrible decision today.

He didn't. You made that up, lol. There is simply no argument for saying that a man who took the club back significantly in terms of xG total took the club forward. Aside from what any intelligent observer could see in 18-19-- we had gone backwards performance-wise. Hang onto flukishly improving the pts total by 1 pt all you want; anyone who knows a thing about football saw how, despite having an absolute disaster season in Wenger's last, Em*ry managed to take the bar and bury it even further in the soil.

Pure agenda-driven extremist drivel this. Not even worth responding to from a guy who projects unto the other his state of cultist.

What are you talking about? I'm the one who says we should've paid attention to the large samples (ie, his whole league CV as much here in Spain as his massive failure in Paris) in Em*ry's terribly underwhelming CV. I'm the one who's only talking about totalities of reigns. I don't ignore 14, I mention that I was very much on the fence or ready to give up on him after those 14 games, but that there's been a clear reverse in trend since those games, where we were paying for very poor summer planning (the same summer planning, funnily enough, that many of the geniuses on here, who are now slating Arteta, "applauded"--the majority of the forum wanted to tell me that getting Thomas was more important than a 10, let's not forget...).

As for your assertions of being some Arteta fanatist (something you clearly are, like many other kneejerkers here, in the inverse), I've posted over months and months in the Arteta thread. When I first signed up for this forum you can find me arguing with Lokemenian and others tempering their enthusiasm about Arteta and raising significant doubts I had about him then (doubts he has in many ways assuaged since late December, converting me more in favour of him; that said, the errors in terms of over-conservativism in his first season and at times in the first 14 games, and the miscalculated summer planning, are clear to see, and have been part of his learning process).
No point trying to get back from that one mate, @Camus buried you.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
No point trying to get back from that one mate, @Camus buried you.
By straight up making stuff up, lol, and channeling the fervent anti Arteta feeling on the forum. 🤷‍♂️

Way too much anti Arteta fanaticism around here right now, makes for grim reading. As ever, time will tell--just as people were praising Em*ry to the heavens when he was going through a 13-14 like fluke first half performance level--the reality always catches up.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
By straight up making stuff up, lol, and channeling the fervent anti Arteta feeling on the forum. 🤷‍♂️

Way too much anti Arteta fanaticism around here right now, makes for grim reading. As ever, time will tell--just as people were praising Em*ry to the heavens when he was going through a 13-14 like fluke first half performance level--the reality always catches up.

Yeah, way too much crying has sucked the fun out of this place. Going to have to start handing the tissues out shortly.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
This is from 1994, apologies if posted before

Scary, and apart from the £5 and NUFC, everything else is spot on.

Ek is not the answer
50 + 1 is

Prophetic indeed, and even the Newcastle bit may still come true.

The ESL saga has confirmed to me that the game is now a hollow shell, completely corrupted by corporate interests, and having no interest in the supporter as their loyalties make them perpetual money recouping machines.

I would be keen to see more of the German football ownership structure, should be interesting how that is better than the other models out there.

myoldarsenal

Emery:

etc....And many more.

This should be stickied in the forum as one of the best posts I've read recently. Emery had his faults too but it was also due to the snakes who stopped playing for him and despite all that Arteta has somehow managed to do worse.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
This should be stickied in the forum as one of the best posts I've read recently. Emery had his faults too but it was also due to the snakes who stopped playing for him and despite all that Arteta has somehow managed to do worse.
This is such a nonsense line. @Camus used something similar saying the players bullied him.

My word, what nonsense. Em*ry received similar treatment at Arsenal as at PSG, that is, the players were not on board with him, eventually saw him as clueless, and didn’t respect him. This eventually happens at all clubs he’s at— it’ll happen at Villarreal too, because he’s just not a good manager and a respectable figure.

This aspect is part as parcel of him being a **** manager. To separate it as some kind of outlier variable is literally nonsensical. He didn’t achieve respect because he’s not a good manager and not a respectable figure. Language grasp had nothing to do with it. Plenty of managers with proper English have had success and gained the full respect of their players (see Poch at Southampton, Rainieri...) Same has happened with the reverse (foreign managers with poor grasp of Spanish) in Spain. Absolute nonsense narrative that is spun there to defend Emery.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
*poorer English

*and I should say instead of respectable figure a manager who inspires/gains the respect of his players. Again, it’s literally a massive factor of being a good manager or not, so to admit that he doesn’t do this (or that the players laugh at him and mock him) is the same as pointing out that he’s ****, not a way of exempting him of blame because of some evil malevolent players (who just happen to be almost the exact same group as Artetas, lol).

mirrorstare

If Emery had the advantages Arteta has enjoyed we would be balling with Banega and Zaha instead of suffering Partey and Willian

Top Bottom