• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Daniel Ek

Is The KroenkeOut 🛩️ going to work?

• Yes

Votes: 44 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 69 39.2%
  • Don’t know Jeff

Votes: 63 35.8%

• Total voters

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
krtwcnsuvax61.jpg

This image is so big it must be true

Arsenal Barclay's is the Ted Cruz to Hagn's Trump and it's funny to see. For years he was a Z type account, aggregating stuff regarding Arsenal from French outlets, than came Hagn with his shirtless pics and Upamecano videos and suddenly Draper was left behind and is bootlicking The Shirtless One's pariticipations in podcasts, etc.

akhil

Vieira and Henry must be deluded to think they're good enough for this job.

If they're part of the board/directors and nominating themselves for managing the first team, that's a major conflict of interest.

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
Vieira and Henry must be deluded to think they're good enough for this job.

If they're part of the board/directors and nominating themselves for managing the first team, that's a major conflict of interest.

Ffs... They are advertising pillars and informal advisors. There is no indication that Henry will become CEO or that Vieira will become director of football. Get your sh!t together!

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I was very wary about Henry's comments on MNF. A lot buzzwords without any real substance behind them. "The Arsenal way" "Arsenal DNA", what does this really boil down to? Winning trophies playing some of the best football in the world. Guess what that requires? Seriously investment to get the playing/managerial staff to do that.

For us to get these things back, the guy is going to have to pump 100odd million into the club every season for the next few years. Does he have the capital to do that?
Just my opinion, but the Arsenal way and the Arsenal DNA is about love of the club, its history and values and the shirt first. Application and professionalism are a must. After that, it's having the quality to deserve to wear the shirt. A few here are present because of the generous contract. They have no feeling for the club. Most are professional and train and live properly but too many lack the ability we need and have no real understanding of what this club means. The Arsenal way/DNA is almost intangible and not easy to explain-you just get it on a heart level. Woj, Henry, Pires,Freddie, Keown get it. Bellerin and our youth aside, who in our squad gets it?

TakeChillPill

Established Member
I wasn't born in 2007,I was born in 1991.

If I was born in 2007, then I couldn't have been at Anfield in 1989, could I Rimaal...as I was definitely in the away end on that beautiful night :drool:
How did you manage to watch the game from your dad's ballbag?

akhil

Ffs... They are advertising pillars and informal advisors. There is no indication that Henry will become CEO or that Vieira will become director of football. Get your sh!t together!

I meant shoehorning their way in as Manager or Head coach, not at the roles above that.

Backing an ownership change is just symbolic, nothing more.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Man city may win the CL before us....

Chelsea may win it twice before us.....

Chelsea and Arsenal faced in the Europa league two seasons ago... one of them is in CL final and top 4 whilst the other is barely finishing top half

Its the wake up call this club needs.

The dream of self sustainability is a far out dream. You are better off getting in the serious investment and then building self sustainable resources.

Get Ek in, with some more help too.

bonzka

The dream of self sustainability is a far out dream. You are better off getting in the serious investment and then building self sustainable resources.

Arsenal's long-term self-sustaining strategy has been a footballing and economic disaster. Particularly through years of exponential growth of the Premier League.

A quick google throws up Man City having a net spend of £1.5 billion since 2008 takeover. They are now worth around £3 billion. They came from a low base, but Arsenal have had the last 13 years to push for market dominance from a brilliant position and they bailed on it. And we've had 4/5 clubs catch us up and takeover.

What a waste. What a disaster.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Just my opinion, but the Arsenal way and the Arsenal DNA is about love of the club, its history and values and the shirt first. Application and professionalism are a must. After that, it's having the quality to deserve to wear the shirt. A few here are present because of the generous contract. They have no feeling for the club. Most are professional and train and live properly but too many lack the ability we need and have no real understanding of what this club means. The Arsenal way/DNA is almost intangible and not easy to explain-you just get it on a heart level. Woj, Henry, Pires,Freddie, Keown get it. Bellerin and our youth aside, who in our squad gets it?

I don't think many of the current crop lack the application or professionalism to be honest, they just lack the ability, which is why most people think the "Arsenal DNA" has gone, at least on the players side. If they were better at football I don't think this Arsenal DNA thing would be as big a question. It comes down to connection between players and supporters, and it's hard to get emotionally attached to a player that doesn't meet the standard we as supporters set for Arsenal players.

I think you'll always get situations where players are at the club to milk it dry, I dont think that scenario would just stop happening if we got our DNA back.

In terms of Woj, that guy was one of the most unprofessional players I can remember at the club. Not sure he is a credible example of a player that encapsulates application and professionalism, but I do get your point.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Yeah I mean we have spent a lot, enough to get into the top 4 100%, recruitment has been poor. But to push to that next level of CL success it would have to be a jump to the next level. For example since Arsène left we've spent £300M, Chelsea have spent £450M and City £370M but that was with an already stacked squad.

Realistically to get anywhere near the top and win a CL we'd need maybe £400M spend in the next two summers. Which isn't happening.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom