• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Daniel Ek

Is The KroenkeOut 🛩️ going to work?

• Yes

Votes: 44 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 69 39.2%
  • Don’t know Jeff

Votes: 63 35.8%

• Total voters

Vicki

Arsenal. It's too cringeworthy and pathetic. Shouldn't bother existing anymore.

We'd all be far more sane, too.

What joy does it bring anybody on this planet?
I feel your pain, mate.

Whether we'd all be more sane though...
Not sure about that.

As for the joy...

Again, spot on.
If Arsenal get to the Final of the Europa League and beat ManU the over-riding feeling after the initial high would be that Arteta has secured another Season. How grim is that?

The hope is what keeps me going.
The hope that 50 + 1 can be implemented World-Wide.

Or that this is a viable alternative.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Why would the club have been on the market if they thought ESL was happening?

Cause the only way the Kroenkes would sell is if someone gives them an offer they can't refuse. Us being in the ESL would increase our valuation and increase the odds someone is willing to pay stupid money to buy us. This Ek guy can't buy us because he's not rich enough, and any offer from him will be poverty money to the Kroenkes.

Vicki

Prophetic indeed, and even the Newcastle bit may still come true.

The ESL saga has confirmed to me that the game is now a hollow shell, completely corrupted by corporate interests, and having no interest in the supporter as their loyalties make them perpetual money recouping machines.

I would be keen to see more of the German football ownership structure, should be interesting how that is better than the other models out there.
Yes, the Newcastle thing really could come true
50 + 1 would certainly get rid of some of the corporate interests, and would be a good start.

The sad thing is it needs so little time to be implemented.
The FA could meet up and have the plan set by the start of the new season, in exactly the same way the Big 10 ( and N. London ) plotted and set up the ESL.

Doesn't even need a Govt. Bill, although that would be nice!

Will it happen? Will it ****

zhaggy

Load of rubbish, if Arsenal were for sale, for 2 years, we’d have known about it.
The not for sale nonsense was never a thing.
After all it all comes down to business, as someone stated, an offer too good to say no to would surely see the club shift owner(s)

myoldarsenal

This is such a nonsense line. @Camus used something similar saying the players bullied him.

My word, what nonsense. Em*ry received similar treatment at Arsenal as at PSG, that is, the players were not on board with him, eventually saw him as clueless, and didn’t respect him. This eventually happens at all clubs he’s at— it’ll happen at Villarreal too, because he’s just not a good manager and a respectable figure.

This aspect is part as parcel of him being a **** manager. To separate it as some kind of outlier variable is literally nonsensical. He didn’t achieve respect because he’s not a good manager and not a respectable figure. Language grasp had nothing to do with it. Plenty of managers with proper English have had success and gained the full respect of their players (see Poch at Southampton, Rainieri...) Same has happened with the reverse (foreign managers with poor grasp of Spanish) in Spain. Absolute nonsense narrative that is spun there to defend Emery.
Emery was a disaster as well, you might have missed me writing that elsewhere on this forum.

Arteta is a bigger disaster. After all that is said and done we are ELEVENTH.

11th.

Bottom half of the table.

11TH.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
I love the idea the club has been for sale for two years but it's taken a crack team of Daily Mail investigative journalists to find that out
They haven’t been formally put up for sale but they’re more willing to entertain offers than they were before, when they rejected any approach outright

Camus

Trusted ⭐
14 years of quite mediocre CV in league performances (which is 38 games of the season, about 3/4). Coming off the back of failing miserably at PSG. Yes, that's quite an incompetent hire, despite your desperate attempts to twist it, as if managing at PSG, despite failing dismally and proving he was absolutely not equipped to manage a big club--which should've outright disqualified him for our hire to pick up after Wenger, when we were still on the border of being a big club--as if it was some kind of positive on his CV... (and I'm the cultist 😂).
You're repeatedly missing the entire point.

I'm not saying in any shape or form that Emery was a fantastic manager. I'm not saying in the slightest that he shouldn't have been sacked, in fact I've stated the exact opposite that he SHOULD have been sacked without doubt. What I'm arguing is anyone that doesn't like Emery, if anyone was not pleased with the results/performances that Emery presided over THEN THEY HAVE TO BE CONSISTENT AND ALL DO THE SAME FOR ARTETA. I literally said that in my opening reply here:

I'm always baffled when people slate Emery and then praise Arteta, at least be consistent. Either both are rubbish or both are a mixed bag or both are outright good. Because I've currently seen nothing at all tangibly to suggest Arteta is better than Emery.
Because as I've systematically proven, as objective reality attests to, Emery did better than Arteta is currently doing. This isn't about making Emery's tenure at Arsenal seem like an A+, not even close. If you want to class Emery's time here as an F then go ahead I've got no problems with that, but point is if Emery is a F then Arteta is below that at a U.

Suspiciously leaves out the 2nd season, lol.
Emery managed 18 PL games that season and left us 8th had a lose % in the league of 17% and a PPG of 1.38. As I said above and as I've said in numerous past posts on this forum that you can check if you want, EMERY DESERVED TO BE SACKED for that record. It's simply wasn't good enough. And that despite him having a decent full season in charge prior to that.

Arteta currently after 33 PL this season has us 10th with a lose % of 40% in the league a PPG of 1.39. It's just as bad, if not arguably worse. Ergo he should be subjected to the same critique Emery. That's the point here.

Not to mention I've already addressed that our results were incredibly flukish that season, as can be seen by the xG models (despite you making stuff up to act like that's not a fact...).

xPts models had Liverpool last season,(the PL champions at a canter without a shadow of doubt, earliest team to the win the title and the biggest margin between 1st and 2nd when they did it, and anyone that disagrees is a massive spacker) as should have finished distant 2nd less, than a point above Lampards dreadful, dreadful Chelsea side.....

A model is limited by the imperfect, subjective, human defined starting parameters that are used to construct it. These vary from model to model and none are even close to being remotely "fact". Within with a single model itself you'll see variations season on season, if for a particular season a certain xPts model was widely incorrect in it's predications it will be tweaked the following season and thus vary greatly. This is exactly the same way all type of predicative models work, political polling models have a FAAAR greater amount of resources and academia behind them and yet they are still continually wrong and tweaked.

We may have outperformed Wenger's pts tally, but in terms of actual performance level, we declined massively. But it suits you to ignore that, and make up stats that say we deserved our position 😂 (we didn't).
We won just 2 away games (one coming in the dead rubber last game of the season against a relegated Huddersfield) across 4 different competition throughout entirety of the new year that season. What on earth are you even talking about. This is beyond desperate now.

To an extent. It's far more objective than us yelling at each other: "we flukishly outperformed performance level in Em*ry's first season"--which is supported by the stats and any kind of intelligent viewing, any kind of analysis of what's going on tactically on the pitch--and you yelling back "we deserved our pts and league position".
3 different models giving 3 different statistical outputs. You have no idea was "objectivity" means in the slightest.

Not at all, it's clear that 4-10 has improved a great deal in England. West Ham could be called form (a team far outperforming its xG) --Leicester since Rodgers has been a bigger competition and a factor in the top 4-10 that it wasn't in that season for Em*ry (despite finishing with a better xG than his Arsenal, lol). There was no Bielsa-managed Leeds that season, no Villa, Everton hadn't made the big investment they have to have a strong squad (if not perhaps the most interestingly managed one under late-career Ancelotti). I'm talking about league trends here which are clear to everyone who doesn't have an agenda.
You've literally just buried yourself with that statement.

According to he model YOU'RE using to making these claims, West Ham are outperforming their xPts by 5.43 points. You've just deemed that a big enough overperformance to warrant calling them a "form team". But the likes of Leicester and Everton, two teams you're using a proof of the strength of the league this season compared to Emery's are actually outperforming their xPts by 7.93 and 7.94 respectively. So by YOUR OWN standard, Leicester and Everton are bigger "form teams" than West Ham, so again by YOUR OWN standards that's 3 teams that must to be classed as "form teams".

So even by your own ignorant rational that leaves just Leeds and Villa as "new" competition this season compared to Wolves and Sp**s that Emery was competing with in his 1st season...Oooooh such a strong league....

I censor his name because his incompetent hire was as bad a moment as we've experienced as Arsenal fans in the past decades. We sacked Wenger a number of years too late but still with an interesting platform to build on, and still without the competition completely catching up to us Liverpool under Dalglish style, only to go and hire an absolutely terrible candidate, who would, predictably, go and bring the club further back (8th in xG according to your model in his first season, left us in 13th and in complete disarray and with a complete lack of direction or philosophy / identity whatsoever in his second). It was also the day that removed all doubt that our important decision makers (Gazidis, fat assclown Raül) in charge of the direction of the club were totally clueless. And we are still suffering from that terrible, terrible decision today.
Honestly and genuinely seek help. It's not healthy.

He didn't. You made that up, lol. There is simply no argument for saying that a man who took the club back significantly in terms of xG total took the club forward.
Klopp in 2017/18 when Liverpool finished 4th had an xPts of 79.83
Klopp in 2019/20 when Liverpool won PL they had an xPts of 74.43

So by your outstanding logic here Klopp actually took the club backwards despite winning the PL. What a failure.....

This is why your precious xPts is in the bin now and forever. You keep desperately clinging on to it for validation of your views but it just keeps refuting you.

Aside from what any intelligent observer could see in 18-19-- we had gone backwards performance-wise. Hang onto flukishly improving the pts total by 1 pt all you want; anyone who knows a thing about football saw how, despite having an absolute disaster season in Wenger's last, Em*ry managed to take the bar and bury it even further in the soil.

Emery got 7 more points that Wenger got in his last season, not 1.
He finished a place higher as well
He narrowed the gap to 4th from 12 in Wenger's last season to just a 1 point under him
He also went 1 better and made it to the final of the EL

If all that is classed as taking the bar and burying it even further in the soil then what is the following by Arteta classed as:

3 places lower than Wenger achieved. 4 places lower than Emery
11 points bigger gap between top 4 than what Emery achived.
1.44 PPG compared to 1.84 in Emery's season and 1.66 in Wenger's season
1.35 GPG (goals per game) compared Emery's 1.92 and Wenger's 1.94

Pure agenda-driven extremist drivel this. Not even worth responding to.
Because you've got no rebuttal, next time pipe down instead of drawing attention to you inadequacies.

What are you talking about? I'm the one who says we should've paid attention to the large samples
You cited TWO games against Southampton and Watford where he got massively outshot that occurred during the worst and ending portion of Emery's tenure and yet wanted to "take away the 1st 14 games of the season" for Arteta this season....
70955.gif

Anyway, In the PL in terms of shots conceded:

Emery in his 1st season:

Shots conceded per game: 13
Shots per goal: 0.09
goals per shot on target: 0.24
distance of shots allowed: 17.7

Arteta this season:

Shots conceded per game: 11
Shots per goal: 0.08
goals per shot on target: 0.27
distance of shots allowed: 17.4

They are remarkably similar.

(ie, his whole league CV as much here in Spain as his massive failure in Paris) in Em*ry's terribly underwhelming CV. I'm the one who's only talking about totalities of reigns.
Emery has a better with % throughout his entire career than Arteta currently has with us. Even in just his last two jobs, us and currently Villarreal he has a better win % then what Arteta has.

I don't ignore 14
Yes you did lol. You took them away to make the xPts "bigger", you even said as much:

AbouCuéllar said:
If you take away the first 14 games of the season before ESR [..] the divide is even bigger...since then we are at 1.71 xPTS per game

AbouCuéllar said:
I mention that I was very much on the fence or ready to give up on him after those 14 games
Where? Because once did you mention that at all in the paragraph you made about those ignoring those 14 games.

AbouCuéllar said:
but that there's been a clear reverse in trend since those games,

Factoring in the entire season, prior to and including the semi-final EFL defeat by City our record was:

12 W 2D 9L

I agree we had a good spell between Christmas starting with the win over Chelsea and stretching to the Southampton away PL game towards the end of January where our record was:

6 W 1D 1L

But since then our record has been

8W 6D 7L

So we basically had a purple patch in the middle and now we've more or less reverted back to our early season form.

AbouCuéllar said:
where we were paying for very poor summer planning (the same summer planning, funnily enough, that many of the geniuses on here, who are now slating Arteta, "applauded"--the majority of the forum wanted to tell me that getting Thomas was more important than a 10, let's not forget...).
Maybe if Arteta had not comically and amateurishly urged a clearly injured player to rush back on to the field then maybe we'd be seeing the best out of Partey. I can only imagine the grief you'd be giving Emery if he did that....

AbouCuéllar said:
As for your assertions of being some Arteta fanatist (something you clearly are, like many other kneejerkers here, in the inverse)
Midtable finish last season, another midtable finish this season, unequivocal relegation tier form that would have gotten almost any manager in world football sacked etc.. Yeah critiques of Arteta are being kneejerk...

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

You're repeatedly missing the entire point.

I'm not saying in any shape or form that Emery was a fantastic manager. I'm not saying in the slightest that he shouldn't have been sacked, in fact I've stated the exact opposite that he SHOULD have been sacked without doubt. What I'm arguing is anyone that doesn't like Emery, if anyone was not pleased with the results/performances that Emery presided over THEN THEY HAVE TO BE CONSISTENT AND ALL DO THE SAME FOR ARTETA. I literally said that in my opening reply here:

Because as I've systematically proven, as objective reality attests to, Emery did better than Arteta is currently doing. This isn't about making Emery's tenure at Arsenal seem like an A+, not even close. If you want to class Emery's time here as an F then go ahead I've got no problems with that, but point is if Emery is a F then Arteta is below that at a U.

Emery managed 18 PL games that season and left us 8th had a lose % in the league of 17% and a PPG of 1.38. As I said above and as I've said in numerous past posts on this forum that you can check if you want, EMERY DESERVED TO BE SACKED for that record. It's simply wasn't good enough. And that despite him having a decent full season in charge prior to that.

Arteta currently after 33 PL this season has us 10th with a lose % of 40% in the league a PPG of 1.39. It's just as bad, if not arguably worse. Ergo he should be subjected to the same critique Emery. That's the point here.

xPts models had Liverpool last season,(the PL champions at a canter without a shadow of doubt, earliest team to the win the title and the biggest margin between 1st and 2nd when they did it, and anyone that disagrees is a massive spacker) as should have finished distant 2nd less, than a point above Lampards dreadful, dreadful Chelsea side.....

A model is limited by the imperfect, subjective, human defined starting parameters that are used to construct it. These vary from model to model and none are even close to being remotely "fact". Within with a single model itself you'll see variations season on season, if for a particular season a certain xPts model was widely incorrect in it's predications it will be tweaked the following season and thus vary greatly. This is exactly the same way all type of predicative models work, political polling models have a FAAAR greater amount of resources and academia behind them and yet they are still continually wrong and tweaked.

We won just 2 away games (one coming in the dead rubber last game of the season against a relegated Huddersfield) across 4 different competition throughout entirety of the new year that season. What on earth are you even talking about. This is beyond desperate now.

3 different models giving 3 different statistical outputs. You have no idea was "objectivity" means in the slightest.

You've literally just buried yourself with that statement.

According to he model YOU'RE using to making these claims, West Ham are outperforming their xPts by 5.43 points. You've just deemed that a big enough overperformance to warrant calling them a "form team". But the likes of Leicester and Everton, two teams you're using a proof of the strength of the league this season compared to Emery's are actually outperforming their xPts by 7.93 and 7.94 respectively. So by YOUR OWN standard, Leicester and Everton are bigger "form teams" than West Ham, so again by YOUR OWN standards that's 3 teams that must to be classed as "form teams".

So even by your own ignorant rational that leaves just Leeds and Villa as "new" competition this season compared to Wolves and Sp**s that Emery was competing with in his 1st season...Oooooh such a strong league....

Honestly and genuinely seek help. It's not healthy.

Klopp in 2017/18 when Liverpool finished 4th had an xPts of 79.83
Klopp in 2019/20 when Liverpool won PL they had an xPts of 74.43

So by your outstanding logic here Klopp actually took the club backwards despite winning the PL. What a failure.....

This is why your precious xPts is in the bin now and forever. You keep desperately clinging on to it for validation of your views but it just keeps refuting you.

Emery got 7 more points that Wenger got in his last season, not 1.
He finished a place higher as well
He narrowed the gap to 4th from 12 in Wenger's last season to just a 1 point under him
He also went 1 better and made it to the final of the EL

If all that is classed as taking the bar and burying it even further in the soil then what is the following by Arteta classed as:

3 places lower than Wenger achieved. 4 places lower than Emery
11 points bigger gap between top 4 than what Emery achived.
1.44 PPG compared to 1.84 in Emery's season and 1.66 in Wenger's season
1.35 GPG (goals per game) compared Emery's 1.92 and Wenger's 1.94

Because you've got no rebuttal, next time pipe down instead of drawing attention to you inadequacies.

You cited TWO games against Southampton and Watford where he got massively outshot that occurred during the worst and ending portion of Emery's tenure and yet wanted to "take away the 1st 14 games of the season" for Arteta this season....
70955.gif

Anyway, In the PL in terms of shots conceded:

Emery in his 1st season:

Shots conceded per game: 13
Shots per goal: 0.09
goals per shot on target: 0.24
distance of shots allowed: 17.7

Arteta this season:

Shots conceded per game: 11
Shots per goal: 0.08
goals per shot on target: 0.27
distance of shots allowed: 17.4

They are remarkably similar.

Emery has a better with % throughout his entire career than Arteta currently has with us. Even in just his last two jobs, us and currently Villarreal he has a better win % then what Arteta has.

Yes you did lol. You took them away to make the xPts "bigger", you even said as much:

Where? Because once did you mention that at all in the paragraph you made about those ignoring those 14 games.

Factoring in the entire season, prior to and including the semi-final EFL defeat by City our record was:

12 W 2D 9L

I agree we had a good spell between Christmas starting with the win over Chelsea and stretching to the Southampton away PL game towards the end of January where our record was:

6 W 1D 1L

But since then our record has been

8W 6D 7L

So we basically had a purple patch in the middle and now we've more or less reverted back to our early season form.

Maybe if Arteta had not comically and amateurishly urged a clearly injured player to rush back on to the field then maybe we'd be seeing the best out of Partey. I can only imagine the grief you'd be giving Emery if he did that....

Midtable finish last season, another midtable finish this season, unequivocal relegation tier form that would have gotten almost any manager in world football sacked etc.. Yeah critiques of Arteta are being kneejerk...
tenor.gif

Iceman10

Established Member
A very good piece.

Is it me, or has the Labour Party gone awol on all of this when there is a political issue to seize to help regain lost ground in the last general election? If they suggested reforms the Tory Party would have to respond. I'm sure some at the Guardian know this, but of course the Labour Party and Guardian have lost ground because many now see them as hypocrites having sold out to the same type of people the Premier League and Tory Party are beholden to. Great chance to show differently, but the Guardian isn't pushing politicians in that article as it could. I read the article, and while it is a good read on an empathy level it fails to show the Guardian wielding power (policy proposals) it knows it has, esp. on Labour Party leadership.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom