• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Daniel Ek

Is The KroenkeOut 🛩️ going to work?

• Yes

Votes: 44 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 69 39.2%
  • Don’t know Jeff

Votes: 63 35.8%

• Total voters

Vicki

Save Money. Live Better.

Kroenke's hiding his plan for Arsenal in plain sight of us all, daring us to challenge him.

Cheeky bastard :lol:
The red one is a thing of rare beauty

m5fZddq.jpg

GLITCH

This is why I'm Kroenke in, KSE are doing all they can it's cos of guys like Mislintat, Raul and Edu we're where we are. Look at the money spent on forwards like Lacazette and Pepe I seen better players at the local sunday league.
You're quite right. Nobody can deny that it's not how much money you spend, but how you spend it that's key. There have been more than enough examples of that.

Then, it's how you utilise what you bought. Edu, Sanllehi and Arteta have all been wasteful. Most people's issue with the Kroenke's is that they think Edu and Arteta are good enough.

GLITCH

Thats wrong. Most people's issue with the Kroenke's is that they dont care.
Actually yes, that's true. They don't care about the fans, or the club in the way that we want. The history, traditions etc. I do think they will invest, but ultimately, it'll be wasted again.

Last edited:

Iceman10

Established Member
Regarding some comments about "better the devil you know" with Kroenke's, it is important to note even if you think the finances/spending have been reasonable under Kroenke's, despite the fact they have not put an injection of their own cash in, that still leaves the fact that they have appeared very distant in day to day running of the club, have made some terrible hires which have resulted in horrible wastage of resources and assets, impacting performance of the club relative to our competition, and they are in general too tolerant of mediocrity they hire because they aren't keeping a close eye on things and probably are too easily satisfied by corporate speak (BS) from.their hires.

This lack of caring, being more interested in bigger dreams such as the ESL, is why they KSE needs to go. Josh will likely show interest for a little while as he did in response to fan unrest two summers back, but that is all reluctant responses when fans kick up a fuss, not proper proactive oversight. Chickens are somewhat coming home to roost because last summer was the obvious time for them to do a loan, but they didn't, and now it is all too little too late with their promises of "investment".

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Would have been amazing to win the Champions League, but don't think it would have made much difference...wasn't it the bank loan that really hurt us?

That would have been agreed a few years before that, I imagine.

Wasn't it the commercial deals, we signed long-term contracts with Emirates at a time when Utd were selling off advertising rights to every man and his dog, and Chelsea were being pumped with cash. Financially we lost so much ground in that period just cos we were tied into commercial deals we couldn't change.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'll start with the caveat that Kroenke isn't selling, not for 1.8 billion anyway.

Would Ek be more palatable than Kroenke to most fans? Sure. Let's not pretend that he's someone who's going to transform the club though. He's a fan, that's cool doesn't mean that he understands football or how to run a club, or who to appoint to make the club successful.

As figureheads and for the PR Henry and Vieira are great, they shouldn't be in any way involved in running a football club though.

If you're a good businessman like EK obviously is but inexperienced in this particular field he must know to surround himself with people with experience and a track record of success in the game. The Henry / Vieira stuff is PR to get the fans hyped and onboard.
Obviously we cannot know for certain what sort of ownership we would have under Ek, but just the fact that he knows the history of the club and that he cares about it, would be a vast improvement. I think it would also spell the end of this distant ownership we have at present.

I would imagine he is savvy enough to find the right people at the club. While getting some of the invicibles aboard is a clear PR thing, it at least shows a canniness towards what the fans would approve of. I agree with you that Henry or Vieira shouldn't be managing Arsenal.

The current owner simply has to go. Sadly I think he will be hard pressed to sell....

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006

I am not a conspiracy wacko but has Mangan been paid by KSE to write this defeatist bullshit? His sniffy attitude against Ek is distasteful.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger

I am not a conspiracy wacko but has Mangan been paid by KSE to write this defeatist bullshit? His sniffy attitude against Ek is distasteful.
He probably read this thread and decided Troy Deeney has more cojones than most of our fans.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Its weird. The fans are more united than ever before in the fight against the owner and this guy is suddenly his staunchest defender.

Not sure there is much he can say - guy has no specific leads and Kronke’s position is nothing if not consistent. It’s equally an immutable fact of life that everything has a price.This isn’t going to happen because people want it to. Otherwise, United would have got rid of the Glazers twenty years ago. He's the best read blog by a country mile, so is reticent about pinning his colours to a mast absent any clear evidence. It’s not as if he’s anything other than critical of KSE.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If I was a billionaire, the first thing I would do when buying Arsenal...would be to get Arsenal legends involved in my takeover....

Riou... "Get me Thierry Henry!"

Advisor... "Is he gonna join your new board, sir?"

Riou... ""I guess, but I just mainly want to show him old videos of himself playing for Arsenal and talk about how amazing he was, tbh..."

...our boy Danny Ek has the right plan for success!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
They are not bringing in the right people nor spending sufficiently anytime soon. The only way out is for this club to really start dancing with death.

I've been posting the same re hiring the right people. Money? We have spent money but we've spent it badly. The state we're in now means we probably do need a cash injection but thats pointless without people who know what they're doing with it.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

TBF He does list many issues with the current KSE setup.

Arseblog has very deep links into the club, so who knows? I remember he launched vociferous attacks on Usmanov using some extremely distasteful language (wishing him the big C etc...), you might be on to something.

He said the way Ek announced their bid was a bit crap and I agree the term 'tech guy' is a bit disparaging, that's about it. You seem a bit hyper-sensitive on the issue.

Anyway, good luck with your bid my friend! :D

Latest posts+

Top Bottom