• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Daniel Ek

Is The KroenkeOut 🛩️ going to work?

• Yes

Votes: 44 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 69 39.2%
  • Don’t know Jeff

Votes: 63 35.8%

• Total voters

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Thierry Henry has broken his silence on the growing fan pressure against Stan Kroenke’s Arsenal ownership and revealed that he no longer recognises the club where he became a legend.

During an exclusive interview with Telegraph Sport, Henry spoke passionately about the fall-out from Arsenal’s inclusion and withdrawal from the European Super League, why supporters must be listened to and why he backs the thousands of fans who protested outside the Emirates on Friday night.

Arsenal’s record goalscorer, Henry has never previously commented on the ownership of the club but he felt moved to go on the record following the events of the past week.

“This club belongs to the fans, I love the club and I will support the club until I die, but I do not recognise my club and what happened just now, with them trying to join a league that would have been closed, makes no sense to me,” said Henry.

in-art-close-icon-128x128-16481b937f87b244a645cdbef0d930f8.png

“They have been running the club like a company, not a football club, and they showed their hand. Maybe it’s a lack of understanding of the core football values and maybe the money was too big of a temptation. But whatever it was, they got it wrong. Badly wrong.

“I was genuinely shocked like most people and couldn’t believe what was unfolding. I have never talked before, but what happened recently made me realise fans, this is your club. It is your club and I’m an Arsenal fan too. I’m proud of what the fans achieved. Not just Arsenal fans, all the fans. The result was a victory for football.” On the protests and whether or not the Kroenkes should bow to fan pressure and sell Arsenal, Henry said: “Fans always decide, as you saw with the ESL. You have to listen to the fans and I can understand why they protested.

“The ESL didn’t happen because of the fans. Not only me, you and the fans said it was wrong, they (the owners) also said it was wrong. They showed their hand and that was disappointing.

“I remember when I arrived, not the Tottenham fans or our rivals, but a lot of the time I used to hear, ‘My second team, if I had to pick one, is Arsenal’, because of the history, the culture, the class, the family. But I don’t hear that or see that anymore and it pains me. We need to get that image back. We need our identity back.”
My legend

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The protests yesterday were more entertaining than our games this season.

Looking forward to 6th May more for the protest than the game. 🧳🚎🧱🧨🔊

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Brilliant stuff Thierry. Sure him and Wrighty speaking out won't have Kroenke out the door tomorrow but having 2 of our biggest legends publicly calling the club out is the kind of pressure we need.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Protest was lit yesterday.

Loads of people turned up, some guy fell and got f*cked up and I got so blazed I could hardly walk.

Also saw the fittest girl I’ve ever seen in my life. She was absolutely unreal ffs.
You reaching May 6th fam?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Protest was lit yesterday.

Loads of people turned up, some guy fell and got f*cked up and I got so blazed I could hardly walk.

Also saw the fittest girl I’ve ever seen in my life. She was absolutely unreal ffs.

The main question is - did you secure the digits?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
he only worth about 5B he need to spend half his worth to buy us. not happening he need someone else to help him.

tony loizou

Arsenal fans will write letters of dissatisfaction. But will still be respectful
Like most fans Gooners are stupid: they refuse to use the ultimate weapon: the mass boycott. If they did that then they would be in control. I remember when they wanted Billy Wright out: 5,000 for Arsenal v. Leeds! Wright was sacked - at a time when Hill-Wood ruled!!
As for the ESL imagine this team losing to every team in that league (no teams like Dundalk!!). Then going down to 14th in the Prem or even relegated (this lot are that bad!)
That would be it: gates of 8,000 and wage bills above Chelsea’s as theypay off their pensioners. That’s when Stan might actually bother to take a look at football after just looking at the money!!

Kroenke should just sack Mikel Arteta then sign one marquee player in the summer.

Rinse and repeat.

He’ll have a lot of the fans who are sheep believing his lies once again.

Many fans actually credit Kroenke for last summer signings even if it was with the club own money. :lol:

he only worth about 5B he need to spend half his worth to buy us. not happening he need someone else to help him.

What why?

He could buy the club for 3 B and spend 150 M for ten years and still have 500 M left and being ultra rich. And that is all before Spotify will be worth even more.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom