• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Daniele De Rossi

keith2015

Very good italian center midfielder. He shows the high level of perfect passing during his games with AS Roma. High maturity of close control of the ball, capability of taking on the defender and build a fast counter attack from own half of the field.

Gurgen

Established Member
Yes please!

Top class talent and is only going to get better. Great tackling, he can pass well, he can head the ball and score.
But if I'm not mistaken he is a born and bred Roman, so getting him is pretty much impossible.

wer

If we put in a huge bid maybe but i think Italians rarely move out of their country and i expect that if he becomes avaliable, all the top italian club would move for him. :( Brilliant Player at such a young age.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
are you kidding me? we will NEVER sign De Rossi... he is born and bred in Rome... he loves that club and the club & fans absolutely adore him..

Gurgen

Established Member
Yup, born in the old Roman port of Ostia, zero chance of getting him. Then again, Sol was never going to leave Sp**s and certainly not for Arsenal :wink:

Jkreffer

Established Member
Very unlikely signing in my opinion, although it would be very nice. He won't leave Roma for a good few years at least.

Canuck

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Yup, born in the old Roman port of Ostia, zero chance of getting him. Then again, Sol was never going to leave Sp**s and certainly not for Arsenal :wink:
Well getting Sol to move down the road is a bit different than prying De Rossi out of Rome (or Italy for that matter)

asajoseph

Established Member
De Rossi.

Who ever wrote this should be fired on the spot.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/wenger-to-spend-big-on-de-rossi-1765257.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 65257.html</a>

xcdude24

Established Member
Re: De Rossi.

-"Arsenal have money"
-"newspaper readership is going down the toilet"
-"This will sell copies"

Legend#1

Established Member

For what it's worth, the word at the moment for the last couple of days is all about De Rossi to Arsenal.

£22m supposedly.

longrufus

Established Member

Would actually restore some of my faith in Wenger if he pulled this off as he would be a perfect partner for Fabregas. Can I really see this happening though, heart of hearts, no.

ricky1985

Established Member

Also,'for what it's worth', Sam Wallace is a pretty good journalist. He used to be on Sky Sports 'Sunday Supplement' show all the time, and he seemed like a well-informed journalist. Not really of the bulshitter variety.

sammy89

Dules just pulled up a 4 year old thread and even it had De Rossi rumours in it. I guess its just one of those that refuses to go away

asajoseph

Established Member

This whole thing, for what it's worth ( ;) ), is based upon some story that De Rossi's face appeared on our home-page earlier in the week, and someone updated his Wikipedia page.

Turns out it was a photoshopped picture of Henry Lansbury.

<a class="postlink" href="http://img.skitch.com/20090728-tb7h6p1mwt8ci8ktx1k5ysfw5.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://img.skitch.com/20090728-tb7h6p1m ... 5ysfw5.jpg</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sam Wallace is doing his reputation no favours by printing nonsense like this.

ricky1985

Established Member

My understanding is that another Arsenal blog produced that photoshopped 'Lansbury edit', in response to the original blog that claimed to have spotted the 'error', but didn't have time to get a screenshot. To show how easily you can mock something up.

So, that is not a screen shot of Arsenal.com when it happened, but rather just a photshopped screenshot.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Legend#1 said:
For what it's worth, the word at the moment for the last couple of days is all about De Rossi to Arsenal.

£22m supposedly.
£22 million for De Rossi at a time when players like Berbatov and Dani Alves cost around £33 million a piece would represent one of the best deals in football. I just don't see it happening, though. Even if Roma would listen to an offer eventually there's simply no way De Rossi would be interested in a move. He's their Adams, a romanista to the bone. The club runs in his family, through his veins. Where does this rumour come from, by the way? Are you "in the know" (and if so - how well-connected is your source?) or did you read it somewhere? It's the first I've heard of it with that specific sum being quoted.

Speaking about Roma I think it's far more likely that we're interested in their young, french, talented striker Jérémy Menez. He's just the type Wenger likes and one they'll probably be looking to offload this summer to address some of their financial issues, especially when you consider that they've recently signed new long-term deals with players like Aquilani and Vucinic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom