• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Daniele Rugani

Status
Not open for further replies.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Massive dampener on the window waiting so long for a CB or defensive signing we can use this season. Otherwise I've been fairly happy. Not sure if I expected less
Hah, I expected we'd sign washed up free agents to plaster the squad and maybe a good CB. We'd be looking pretty decent if we get in a reasonable CB and fullback. Far exceed expectations personally.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
If none of these come off feel we might well be offering Chambers round the league tomorrow for a CB.

No idea who... would love Ake.

30m, Chambers & Elneny? Chambers part of the world & Elneny would ****ing love it by the seaside.

senna

we basically have all the power here. No way Rugani is getting a game at Juve this year: Chiellini, de ligt, bonucci, demiral all ahead of him in pecking order. Sarri also doesnt rotate much. They have a young defender cristian romero who is better than rugani that will be arriving next year from genoa.

We take him on loan with an option to buy or just take him on loan. We're their best shot at a good fee, otherwise it will be cheap or loan to another serie a club.

I'm confident with Raul negotiating.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Since you mentioned at the core, I think this is interesting:

That video kind of sums up why not him for me.

Surrounded by great defenders, immaculate line & minimal press from the oppositions midfield. Its a jungle over here with a defense full of clowns. We need defenders that can turn, adapt quick & cover for mistakes.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Everyone know's we'd rather Upamecano than Rugani but if one isn't willing to sell then we can't just sit on our hands and sign no one.

True. I would probably be very happy with Rugani, if there wasn't that Upamecano bid in the first place.

Classic stuff everyone experiences in his life. Like, if you are happy with that new bike your parents got you for birthday, but the other kid on the block got a much better one.. all perspective.

There's a slight chance Rugani might smash it here and even have a better season than Upamecano would have for all we know.

It's tough to stomach right now, but let's see..

ChefMan21

That video kind of sums up why not him for me.

Surrounded by great defenders, immaculate line & minimal press from the oppositions midfield. Its a jungle over here with a defense full of clowns. We need defenders that can turn, adapt quick & cover for mistakes.
Seems to me that - as always - it's about establishing a set of tactics and systems that work for the players you have (and will soon have).

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
When analyzing his performances you also have to factor in he wasn't a regular so he would have to just come in cold and play alongside one of Chiellini, Bonucci or Benatia probably alternating between playing on the left or right side.
That can be incredibly difficult, especially if you're inexperienced, totally different to playing every game on the same side alongside a regular partner.
Reading those accounts they all said he looked very good with Chiellini but not with Bonucci which suggests the issue isn't with his quality.

30m Euros is very little in this market and for a 6'3 25 year old Italian international could turn out to be excellent business.
Saying that this has a feel of Everton Soares about it, possibly a smokescreen or a backup if we fail to get our main target (Upamecano?).

Anyone know if he's learning English?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Loan Rugani with an option to buy and then agree a non-binding contract with Leipzig to give them a good fee for Upamecano next summer.

We have a good relationship with Leipzig and agreeing to give them ESR in 2019 and then ~40M in 2020 for someone who could sign a pre-agreement with us in six months could get it done. It has to be noted that Dayot must be willing to come here.

For this reason it’s very critical that Rugani is a loan and just a loan. This strategy allows us to sample Rugani (who on paper is a nice match for out existing defenders) before then deciding to go for Dayot.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Since you mentioned at the core, I think this is interesting:

Doesn't get bullied by the likes of Dzeko (EPL ie full of those types) which is great.

My Serie A loving friends say he plays it cool when he has confidence. He's not thr type that rushes into tackles. We lack those.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Who cares about a ****ing obligation. If the club bought him outright for €30m it’s about market rate. We’re living in a world where Championship defenders go for the same amount of money.

remains

The reports of the Juve fans don’t inspire much confidence but we need cover urgently so better than signing no one. If he is our CB signing we have to get Tierney too or it will be a very disappointing end to the window.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Don’t think this deal is likely. What Juve want is cash up front, they need it. They were willing to sell Dybala for a direct payment and buy Lukaku back in staggered payments so they have more cash available now.

We are installments FC, can’t happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom