• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danilo dos Santos de Oliveira

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

You just basically proved my point by quoting Football London as "Source" for Edu's involvement in the Martinelli transfer, that tabloid (if you wanna call it that) is nothing but a mouth piece for wannabe Journos who want to be involved with club so spout PR nonsense about transfers and positive spin about the club.

Edu is a non starter in my opinion ask yourself something if he had anything to do with the Martinelli transfer, why hasn't he repeated the trick ?, in fact his first season here was filled with has bins who he had been in contact with through kia Joachim, and his tenure as a glorified travel agent for the national team.
I'm not stating it as a fact. I hope you're not stating your opinions as facts either.

At the time, I heard other rumours about Edu already working behind the scenes before the full release from Brazil duties.

Cagigao had scouted Martinelli earlier, so I have no problem to think that Edu worked the deal with him. I also remember that Edu was rumoured to be involved with Martinelli's rise to the national team.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I'm not stating it as a fact. I hope you're not stating your opinions as facts either.

At the time, I heard other rumours about Edu already working behind the scenes before the full release from Brazil duties.

Cagigao had scouted Martinelli earlier, so I have no problem to think that Edu worked the deal with him. I also remember that Edu was rumoured to be involved with Martinelli's rise to the national team.
I don’t believe that. By all accounts Edu was really not rated when working with Brazilian FA and people were shocked where he got. Many people also believe not only is he incompetent, but really shady. Don’t fall for the clubs pr

Wrighty4eva

Established Member

Funny you never answered my question in regards to why hasn't Edu unearthed any other gems from Brazil ?,

Look you continue to believe what you want, but I'll go with the national teams glowing report on his tenure with them or his failed attempt at being the Sporting director of Corinthians, Middlesbrough's Juninho (Ituanos chairman) had more to do with Martinelli's ascension to the spotlight than anything Edu did...

drippin

Funny you never answered my question in regards to why hasn't Edu unearthed any other gems from Brazil ?,

Look you continue to believe what you want, but I'll go with the national teams glowing report on his tenure with them or his failed attempt at being the Sporting director of Corinthians, Middlesbrough's Juninho (Ituanos chairman) had more to do with Martinelli's ascension to the spotlight than anything Edu did...
Yeah, we can't agree on this.

I'm not saying Edu is the best, but I believe he can help us get good Brazilian and South American players. We got Gabriel too.

It's all speculation, but at least we got Martinelli a bit earlier before Edu officially joined Arsenal. It's all that matters.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Consensus on Edu from basically most of the serious journos in Brazil is that he's not that good.

Doesn't mean he can't do a good job at Arsenal.

He's had one terrible, catastrophic window and followed that up with a summer that has so far been stellar.

I personally do not think he has any sort of eye for talent. Willian et. al., we're pretty much on par with what I expected him to do, so it would be interesting to know what changed.

Maybe it was Artera, maybe new people were brought in, but we'll find out soon enough in this window and the next.

Lastly, most Brazilian talent is after the money.

Only a select few can afford the luxury of choosing a place to develop as a player. You go to the club who pays the most, it's that simple.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Looked at a comp, absolutely nothing about him suggests he’s ready for a move to the PL, ridiculous rumour.

drippin

Only a select few can afford the luxury of choosing a place to develop as a player. You go to the club who pays the most, it's that simple.
That's likely why we are so interested in Bruno Guimaraes.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
It's mostly a mental problem with brazillians, really hard adaptation. Part of why Martinelli's done so well is because he has elite mentality.

For sure, it also helps he’s a forward, you need extra maturity to be a midfielder, this Danilo guy is running all over the place tryna play idea ball, he’d get smashed to pieces in the PL.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Consensus on Edu from basically most of the serious journos in Brazil is that he's not that good.

Doesn't mean he can't do a good job at Arsenal.

He's had one terrible, catastrophic window and followed that up with a summer that has so far been stellar.

I personally do not think he has any sort of eye for talent. Willian et. al., we're pretty much on par with what I expected him to do, so it would be interesting to know what changed.

Maybe it was Artera, maybe new people were brought in, but we'll find out soon enough in this window and the next.

He is doing fine so far, I think fans have far too high expectations for recruitment, even the best sign flops. Look at Michael Edwards at Liverpool, widely regarded as one of the best yet imagine the stick Edu would get if he spent nearly £100m on Keita and Oxlade-Chamberlaine for instance.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Danilo dos Santos de Oliveira​

Sounds like a Spanish emperor. If he doesn't have a scepter in his hand, I will be disappointed.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
His release clause got much higher right? Always hard to believe Brazilian media when linking them to Brazilian league players

Gunner-Union

Don’t know anything about him so relying on someone here to tell me.
I guess can he tackle? Came he pass progressive? And is he press resistant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom