• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Ings

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSBK

Established Member
I would have no issues with this guy. He aint gonna bang hattricks against bayern but we aint playin bayern. Consistant good premier league player, something we lack.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I would have no issues with this guy. He aint gonna bang hattricks against bayern but we aint playin bayern. Consistant good premier league player, something we lack.
You can say that about more than 100 players in the PL, doesn’t mean you sign them.

He’s got injury issues, wants to start games and isn’t going to be cheap. We also have Auba who is similar better. Not many in the whole of Europe have scored at the rate of Auba in the last 5/6 years.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We’re not playing as well as last season, if anything we’ve gone backwards when the hope was that we’ll get even better with people like Partey and Willian being linked.

That’s on the manager.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
If we buy a striker like Ings then you'd have to say Nketiah has no future here. Personally I dont think Nketiah has had a long enough run, I think the odd game here and there puts too much pressure on him. We all know he can score! Tbh I think Ings would score plenty for us, especially if we can get Aouar or Szoboszlai to liven up our attack. Having said that I think Nketiah would too!
Eddie has 'cult hero at lower midtable club' written all over him. He has no stand out attribute. He's not rapid, he's not super clinical, he's not physical, he doesn't make amazing runs, he's not technical, there's nothing special about his ball striking. He's about as average as it gets and if he weren't English, he'd be buried in the U23s somewhere.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Eddie has 'cult hero at lower midtable club' written all over him. He has no stand out attribute. He's not rapid, he's not super clinical, he's not physical, he doesn't make amazing runs, he's not technical, there's nothing special about his ball striking. He's about as average as it gets and if he weren't English, he'd be buried in the U23s somewhere.

He's just broken Alan Shearers England U21 goal scoring record. A pretty average accomplishment!

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
See now I can see that you're on the ropes as you can see me making a valid point, calling me a sniffer. Hmm.

Let me take you back. Man United were sitting in 5th on January the 23rd, game week 24. They had 34 points and a goal difference of 7. 14, yes 14 points behind Leicester City in 3rd. They'd just lost 2-0 at home to Burnley and were really struggling to create goals. Their big chance creation was sitting in the low 30's compared to someone like Chelsea who were in the 50-60 range.

On the 30th of Jan Bruno Fernandes signed for the club. 14 games later? They finished 3rd with 66 points. A point accumulation of 32 over 14 games, very impressive. Even more impressively they finished on a goal difference of 30! The reason why? Bruno Fernandes.

In those 14 league appearances he scored 8 and assisted 7 goals. But he also unlocked the likes of Rashford and Martial who subsequently had their best ever scoring seasons in Manchester United shirts.

Oh and just to make you fall flat on your face even further, United have a game in hand and are 7 points off 1st place. Once again with Bruno contributing heavily.

Mic Drop.
Mic drop only in your delusional mind. Back to sniffing hairspray cans, you weirdo.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He's just broken Alan Shearers England U21 goal scoring record. A pretty average accomplishment!
Francis Jeffers had similar numbers. What an accomplishment!

OSBK

Established Member
You can say that about more than 100 players in the PL, doesn’t mean you sign them.

He’s got injury issues, wants to start games and isn’t going to be cheap. We also have Auba who is similar better. Not many in the whole of Europe have scored at the rate of Auba in the last 5/6 years.

If auba put a tackle in every now and again he might pick up a injury. Ings is like vardy, full on and built to score goals in the PL.

Auba is not similar at all in terms of play, ings is a different striker. One who can play up against a cb, auba cant or wont because it might mess up his hair.

A frontline of auba, ings, saka is very capable of getting top 4. Liverpool are not good because they have 1 player who scores alot in the league, liverpool are good because they have 2. Auba 20 plus ings 20 which is very achieveable all of a sudden turns us into a top 4 club.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Ings is very underrated. I do feel though that we will trust in Martinelli, Nketiah and Balogun though.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Ings is decent enough goalscorer. But he very much strikes me as a big fish in a small pond type player. And if we have ambitions for ever getting anywhere near the top 4 we need to be aiming higher.

With the young players we have we need to be trying to have a team where in a couple of years time they are all more or less at their peak or younger. 22-27 with the odd exception. You dont want a team full with 30+ in 2 years and have to rebuild again.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I rate him but he’s Mr Glass. Racked up so many injuries over the course of his career. It’s too much of a gamble once you factor in age.

If you look at conversion rate he’s been a reasonably clinical striker throughout his career. I think if he stayed fit at Liverpool he’d probably be starting for England or at least in the squad.

say yes

forum master baiter
I rate him but he’s Mr Glass. Racked up so many injuries over the course of his career. It’s too much of a gamble once you factor in age.

If you look at conversion rate he’s been a reasonably clinical striker throughout his career. I think if he stayed fit at Liverpool he’d probably be starting for England or at least in the squad.

Yep this. Ings is a great striker, but could guarantee he'd do his ACL in the first training session if we ever spent serious money on him.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yeah Ings is an excellent linkup players, it's why Hassenhuttl loves him so much. He's also good in pressing situations and can stretch defences too. For me he's a real all-rounder. Of course the injury issues probably does make it too much of a gamble, but he's far more than a goal-poacher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom