• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck: Dan Out Ere

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
Question whether you can continue to keep guys like Welbeck and still give ample time to promoting youth projects.

I’d much rather keep Welbeck and send our young forwards out on loan.

Having someone like Nketiah on the bench doesn’t help anyone. He needs more minutes than he’s going to get playing behind Auba/Laca. And we need someone on the bench with experience at the top level who can make an impact.

The best way for players like Eddie to develop is to go out on loan and get regular minutes. Sad thing is that if Welbeck hadn’t got injured he’d currently be doing just that.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
D23xdryXQAE2X1e.jpg

Watch out, Nii Tackie Mensah has you in his sights.
If I'm to go by his aim when he's in front of the goal posts I have nothing to worry about then. More likely to fall over and blow himself up.

And not to knock welbz he's a very likeable guy, but likeable doesn't equate to football ability now does it. He really is a staple and epitomizes everything we've become of late, mediocre, uncompetitive, average.

I hated the fact we signed him in the first place as it was pure desperation, and last gasp. If we want to compete in this league again we need to be aiming higher than the likes of danny welbeck even as a third option.

Last edited:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
It's time for Welbeck to depart from us now. He's on a sizeable wage which can contribute/be given to another player, hopefully younger with a higher ceiling.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
I think both parties would be making a poor decision to depart. He makes pretty decent money here, has good status at being part of a top club which keeps him at arms length from England selection despite not playing regularly. He's a fantastic squaddie - we won't find any better and he seems to really fit the profile Emery likes to use out wide.

I have been very critical of him in the past when he's been deployed at CF for long stretches because his finishing IS atrocious but he has other qualities which are invaluable.
Fantastic squaddie who misses at least 50% of the games every season? Let him go, I'd rather keep Suarez.

OSBK

Established Member
Asset? I don’t know what player you’ve been watching but aside from his versatility and work-rate there’s really nothing there.

Play Nketiah instead and let Welbz go. Use his wages for a big signing.

Totally agree. No way on this planet he comes back and remains injury free, 10 games max before he is out again long term.

As far as eddie goes, next season is make or break for him. If we finish 3rd this season then we will have to really strengthen all areas to compete higher and the pressure will be on the youngsters.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Danny is probably my favorite person in the football world, excluding Wenger. Such positive energy, such amazing connection with every person in the team and the pure happiness and joy he spreads are fantastic. I do think he is underrated as a football player as well, he lacks in certain areas of the field that are important for a striker but his pure strength in the runs he take and his relentless energy have brought a lot of positive plays to our game. His winning goal against Leicester 2016 is my favorite moment in sports of all time.

That being said, he is very injury prone. Would still resign him and have him as a squad player. Love me some welbz.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm totally be fine with us offering Welbeck a contract that is heavily performance related. The issue is the wages, and Welbeck will save us money on buying a backup striker. I'm not sure if Nketiah is ready to be our backup striker after PEA and Laca.

And if we're in the Champs League next season we'll need Welbeck's quality. Nketiah will still get minutes.

Malky

Established Member
Can't say I'm completely against this, he's a good option as a squad player, plus if it means we have more money to spend on top quality defenders then that should be the main priority! The only issue is his injury record and his wages.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Happy to keep Danny. Will be sad to see him go but purely based on him as a character because as a player he is useful but immensely flawed.

Check

Hope that we keep Welbz. He has his limitations, but when he isn't our main lone striker, he can be very usefull in terms of pressing and supporting Laca/Auba. Don't think there are much better options who will be okay with the role he had before his last injury.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Saying his goodbyes today. Shame, we really needed him this season and now we have to replace him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Indeed.

I like him and he’s ok as back up. A bit indifferent about whether we stayed or left really, there are compelling positives and negatives for both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom