• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck: Dan Out Ere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamefaced

I thought we could of kept him, but I guess the club decided against it as his wages were probably a burden and he's not guaranteed to stay fit with his injury history over the season. Probably feel he is too much of a financial risk.

LGooner98

sad to see him go though I knew this was coming. Nice guy and very useful player. Hope he joins a decent mid table club and stays injury free. All the best Welbz!

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Sad to see him go. Although he was not blessed with a lot of talent, his relentless work and dedication was superior.
He was very unlucky by getting injured long term 3 times. Typical Arsenal luck :(

Will never forget the joy of him scoring at OT. The Leicester goal was also massive, despite the disappointment later on that season.

I also believe it was very poor of the club in the way they handled his departure on Sunday.
It wasn't published earlier, so when an announcement was made as he was receiving the gift, it made it look as Welbeck is not worthy of being recognized in similar fashion as Cech or Ramsey.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Sad to see him go. Although he was not blessed with a lot of talent, his relentless work and dedication was superior.
He was very unlucky by getting injured long term 3 times. Typical Arsenal luck :(

Will never forget the joy of him scoring at OT. The Leicester goal was also massive, despite the disappointment later on that season.

I also believe it was very poor of the club in the way they handled his departure on Sunday.
It wasn't published earlier, so when an announcement was made as he was receiving the gift, it made it look as Welbeck is not worthy of being recognized in similar fashion as Cech or Ramsey.
True. I am not a big fan of him. But the way our club handled his departure was so bad and unprofessional.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Wish him all the best but I think it's the right thing to let him go. Him and iwobi have a similar amount of end product (none) so we won't need both.

Iwobi makes welbs look like prime Pele :lol:

I bet he goes on to have an injury free spell at next club :bounce: I mean I hope he does but isn't that just our luck

rockofcashel

The importance of a Danny Welbeck type player was seen last Sunday against Brighton, and tonight in the Liverpool Barca game. For Welbeck, read Divock Origi.. a player who spends most of their time on the bench, but can change a game when they come on. Look at Arsenal on Sunday, and countless other days when Laca/Auba started together. If Emery needed something different up front, all he had were at best, at very best, wingers.. Miki, Iwobi etc. Nketiah was and is nowhere near top Premier League quality. Origi came on this year and scored a winner v Everton, and Newcastle. Tonight he put two past Barca, the important opening goal and winner. Can you imagine Arsenal on Thursday night if Auba and Laca were unavailable?

Arsenal need a really good replacement for Welbeck..

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Hmmm first half of the season Origi wasn’t even making match day squad and he was close to being shipped out. Having a game changer on the bench waiting is rare if you’re not city or something.
Very fine line you do realistically have to make leeway for quality because a good player could be starting elsewhere.

I’m actually sad Welbeck is gone, mostly gonna miss his character and graft.

Also not a fan of how Arsenal treated his departure. Similarly to Cazorla I wasn’t happy with (who’s not even doing too badly last I heard).

Good luck to Danny.

9jagooner

I understand why we let Welbz go. So far, proven to be injury prone and hence can't be relied upon over the course of a season. Similar to Jack, who's also gone to West ham and has been injured for most part of the season. Though Jack is back now and played well in last couple of games, every Arsenal fan would have seen this cycle before, over and over again.
I pray they both go on to rid themselves of the injury issues but totally get why the club would not take the risk.
Santi's case is different. He was hardly injured then had that weird injury. I think we should have given him the pay as you play contract he requested for but again, new manager, new ideas. Totally understandable.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Actually quite surprised by how many people want Welbeck to stay.

For me he always seemed injured and when he was fit apart from being athletic and working hard he was so frustrating and hard to watch, one of the only professional footballers I've seen who constantly scuffs and mess up the simple stuff. Never looked comfortable with the ball.

Personally thought he was a waste of wages and squad space, but each to their own.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

All the best Welbz. I always rated this guy as a player. Pity he is not going to play for the final in Baku, at least for a short time to feel the moment of it.

Zaza

He should've gotten a new deal. I'm glad there are a few who agree with me that we missed him when he got injured. The pace, power, workrate, etc. Not a good finisher true - but he always put in effort. I won't be surprised if Sp**s picked him up.
Good luck Welbz. You always seem to get injured when you were about to go to the next level.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
More positive comments on Welbecks thread than Aubameyang. Never change A-M.

I'm going to make the assumption that cos Welbeck hasn't played in a while everyone has forgot how bad he was, I imagine if you went back to the pages of this thread for when he was playing you would find a lot of comments discussing how he even got to the stages of being a pro footballer without being able to strike a ball properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom