• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck: Dan Out Ere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anfield 1884

AM's Resident Liverpool Fan
Where is this dude. Haven't seen him feature in ages. Any news on the injury if he is injured, which I assume he is.

Also, what do you expect of him this season?

Anfield 1884

AM's Resident Liverpool Fan
I sense sarcasm, because 25 is pretty high for a player who isn't a starter. But I get this feeling that he can become very good. Not great with the ball at his feet, doesn't do the sublime but he is a powerful player and is a mammoth physically, such a difficult player to deal with. When he returns, could he be given a run of games through the middle?

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
I sense sarcasm, because 25 is pretty high for a player who isn't a starter. But I get this feeling that he can become very good. Not great with the ball at his feet, doesn't do the sublime but he is a powerful player and is a mammoth physically, such a difficult player to deal with. When he returns, could he be given a run of games through the middle?

Ofcourse both Giroud and Walcott will be injured by the time he returns and he'll beat our 17yo French lads to the CF position.

In all seriousness if he improves in training and Giroud/Wally aren't doing it, Welbeck benches them. I think there's a top player in there somewhere, however deep down it maybe.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I'd rate his Arsenal performances as pretty poor so far, injuries aside. His finishing has been weak. He actually started quite brightly but seemed to lose his urgency and became less of a handful, I wonder if he was playing injured.

That said I have a feeling he is going to come good.

Last edited:

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Oh bwoy.

@Anfield 1884 you don't know what you've started here.

I like the kid but see his limitations. He's a great asset for us but like ALL our strikers needs to step up to the plate in goal scoring terms. He's a beast physically and really puts a shift on both sides of the ball. He really does need to score more goals though. His winner at OT last season in the FA Cup gave him some wriggle room with the haters but they'll be all over him like white on rice, if he doesn't get going "when" he comes back.

Of all our strikers, Giroud is the most complete-if somehow we could have got a Giroud/Walcott/Welbeck mix in ONE striker, then we'd be onto something. Both Welbeck & Theo don't do the hold up & lay it off as well as Giroud but both are lightening quick. Theo is a better finisher than Danny but Danny has the height and physicality to go with his pace.

Is he coming back after the international break? Uncle Arsène says so but his record getting it right with players returning from injury is woeful, so lets see.

pikey2000

We all agree Welbeck's biggest flaw is his finishing and ruthlessness when in a position to finish as he can be unselfish/bottle it and pas to someone else when in a good position to shoot

I saw Henry on the Sky sports deadline day transfer show saying he would be happy to speak to Martial at UTD and advise him on the league and how to progress and was thinking never mind Martial get on the phone to Walcott and Welbeck and give them some bloody advice Mr Arsenal!!!

Seriously though if we aren't buying a striker surely it would be worthwhile dedicating a striking coach to work with Welbeck to get the best out of him, someone like an Henry or Wright or Cole etc people who know how to score and be ruthless in the box.

Its not fashionable but I for one will be happy for him to return.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
im sure he was going on loan if a attacking player came, same as flamini

Gooner4evah

Henry and Judas van Persie were both made by Wenger, so Wenger knows how to create a top striker. Strikers rely a lot on instinct, and Wenger is a manager who is able to get the instinct out of his players, so Welbeck can become very good here. His all-round game is good in my opinion, he just lacks the killer instinct to be a deadly finisher at the moment. He has shown he is capable to scoring difficult goals, while Giroud can only score tap-ins consistently. Welbeck sure has the potential, and I hope he can at least bench Giroud. If we can't buy a top striker, we have to go back to our roots and create our own, like we did with Henry and Van Persie.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

One thing about Welbeck , when he's isolated the full back one on one on the wing knocks the ball past him , there's only one winner , his combintation of pace and power is unmatched in the league . I think Wenger thinks his finishing can be improved upon . If it does there's plenty of upside .

Didn't Wenger say it would only be week or two when he first was injured.

Anyway can't see him improve us that much when he comes back. I mean, Giroud suits the way we are playing best now and he can't even score...

BigDane

There's a good player in there somewhere.

Ironically, Welbeck is everything we don't need in a striker - athletic, quick.

We just need someone clinical with good movement, two things Welbeck doesn't have and unfortunately hard to teach.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Can't ever have too many quick players though . He'll never be clinical I'd settle for competent/good .

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Knew it.

Writing was already on the wall.

Probably had it weeks ago, they just didn't want the pressure on deadline day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom