• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck: Dan Out Ere

Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
How is it possible that a pair of donkeys like Welbeck and Ramsey won’t sign contracts with us while Sp**s have the best striker in the world on a long term contract signed recently?
probably because Sp**s have bent themselves over for him, and must have promised to let him go to Elite clubs.

Ramsey and Welbeck won't even get guaranteed game time here, so they are exploring their options.

emilursin

are we actually considering giving him a new contract? allways thought that lack of confidence was his problem, so rarely composed and calm when on the ball, even he does not believe the ball is going into the back of the net when he takes on the shot, seems to make the wrong descisions when on the ball and uses the wrong finishing technique time and time again.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
are we actually considering giving him a new contract? allways thought that lack of confidence was his problem, so rarely composed and calm when on the ball, even he does not believe the ball is going into the back of the net when he takes on the shot, seems to make the wrong descisions when on the ball and uses the wrong finishing technique time and time again.

Just hope we wont, we need quality not garbage, he will be a good player like a club as West Ham but not at a top 4 club.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
No chance. Welbeck will never be a goal scorer. EVER!

To be completely honest, I don't think so either, that was more of a cynical comment, cause it would be so fitting if the guy who can't find the goal at Arsenal would go on to score tons of goals against Arsenal.

Like someone else said, I think his power/pace combination is a huge plus, but he lacks technique, scoring ability and execution.
He's one of the victims of the lone striker systems...I feel he'd be a decent SS in a 2 striker system, working and running around a proper finisher, creating space and being part of an offensive press. But he's wasted as a lone striker or "true" winger.
A lot of guys with similar profiles have been utilized as these "shadow" striker workhorses on the wings, doing dirty work and chipping in with 5 to 10 goals, but he's not even scoring enough to do that.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
To be completely honest, I don't think so either, that was more of a cynical comment, cause it would be so fitting if the guy who can't find the goal at Arsenal would go on to score tons of goals against Arsenal.

Like someone else said, I think his power/pace combination is a huge plus, but he lacks technique, scoring ability and execution.
He's one of the victims of the lone striker systems...I feel he'd be a decent SS in a 2 striker system, working and running around a proper finisher, creating space and being part of an offensive press. But he's wasted as a lone striker or "true" winger.
A lot of guys with similar profiles have been utilized as these "shadow" striker workhorses on the wings, doing dirty work and chipping in with 5 to 10 goals, but he's not even scoring enough to do that.
True. I was quite intrigued by the instant connection he had with Lacazette at the start of the season.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
How is it possible that a pair of donkeys like Welbeck and Ramsey won’t sign contracts with us while Sp**s have the best striker in the world on a long term contract signed recently?

If they are not willing to sign and will be putting themselves in the Özil and Alexis boat then we should be shipping them for fees this summer. Welbeck should be going for £20 million and Ramsey for £40 million. The money should be reinvested in home grown talent.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Kane is probably a bit dim and maybe we just got lucky with two of our donkeys. In reality,Levy's already mentally spending the money from the sale of Kane.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
In a two ST formation...the Welbz or Banter assist:

the player takes an air-shot or mis-kicks the ball and creates a tap-in for his partner.

He's gonna be unstoppable.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
I said it when he was first linked with us and I'd say it again, he's not a footballer. Him and Theo are the two luckiest people ever by simply being born in England.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd keep him for now just as a HG player, which with the selling of Walcott and Coquelin we're looking a bit short on. That's about the extent of his use.

karl

Welbeck's stalling on a new contract? ****, where are we going to find a forward that has never scored 10 goals in a season.
And where is he going to find another club of stature? To go to a Bosman, you need to be a player much in demand. We really need to move him on with Walcott for players that present a goal threat in attacking positions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom