• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck: Dan Out Ere

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I hope Wenger takes off his rose tinted glasses and accepts that Welbeck is done here. If he wont play Nketiah in the next EL round then he has to come up with another plan, maybe 4-3-3 with a front 3 of Ramsey Özil Mkhi. To keep on playing Welbeck is pointless.

Giroud12

He's way out of his depth at this stage. He might even struggle at his next PL club, there are only a few clubs you'd say he would start for on current form. That's if they're willing to pay his wages.

Absolutely no way he would start for any other pl club, unfortunately. We're gonna have big problems getting rid. Hopefully some Turkish club can take him, they seem to love pl rejects.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I'm worried Wenger might be too loyal to him though and not be ruthless enough:

Those injuries ended his career really, Nketiah should be ahead of him now, he's got nothing to offer at his current state.
When he injured his knee in 2016, Wenger said that it might have been because he pushed him too hard physically too quickly after his return from the last one. Wouldn't be surprised if Wenger feels a duty to the player to get his career back on track, even thought it's ultimately to the detriment of the team.

King Eboue

At key moments it went wrong for him. The chip that hit the post vs man utd, incisive play only to slip at the last, whenever he looked good - usually with another striker with nice link up play, energy runs like with laca at the start of the season he goes and gets himself injured. He's a warhorse. Unfortunately a broken down warhorse now. Agreed we need to offload asap.

When he injured his knee in 2016, Wenger said that it might have been because he pushed him too hard physically too quickly after his return from the last one. Wouldn't be surprised if Wenger feels a duty to the player to get his career back on track, even thought it's ultimately to the detriment of the team.

It is interesting to think about. When you become untouchable like Wenger and nobdoy dare to sack you. You maybe stop doing things that is hardest in your job.

I read a interview with Wenger brother and he said Wenger loves to get to know people.

In later years I feel like Wenger get to close to many of his players. Hardest part of the job os telling player another human being he has to move on. That is maybe where Wenger has been struggling a lot in recent years. To move players on sooner.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
In later years I feel like Wenger get to close to many of his players. Hardest part of the job os telling player another human being he has to move on. That is maybe where Wenger has been struggling a lot in recent years. To move players on sooner.
It hurts the club sometimes, but I prefer Wenger's approach over being a **** towards players like Mourinho.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Sven will identify where the squad needs improving and allow Wenger to tell Welbeck that the decision to move him on has been made over his head.
Welbeck doesn't strike me as totally money orientated,so the chance to play on a decent wage at a good level should be enough to shift him. I'm not overly bothered about how much we get. Freeing up a squad place and wages is what it's all about now.

progman07

Established Member
We've bought a few players that haven't turned out too good as well, as all teams do. Transfer business is a bit of a lottery.
I do not deny that of course. What I see is though, we look like we have to rebuild every year. We have purchased too many players in the last 10 years who we had to replace too early.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I do not deny that of course. What I see is though, we look like we have to rebuild every year. We have purchased too many players in the last 10 years who we had to replace too early.
Your right. Some of them though have had injuries and never recovered back to their old selves, Cazorla certainly, Walcott, Welbeck, Debuchy and even Jack.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Welbeck would be a good player if we were a more defensive team, he'd be great in the winger role to just mark the oppositions best player. It's hat he use to do at United, was basically a second fullback. But Arsène's philosophy is 'we play' so he's not gonna bring you out there to kill the other teams attack.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
267ADFFC00000578-0-image-a-1_1425942193565.jpg

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I sort of agree with you and as @Makingtrax said,we've also had to deal with a lot of injuries. My take is that we've actually kept a lot of players for far too long meaning we have to have a periodic mass clearout. Gervinho, Joe Campbell and Lucas Perez aside,I can't think of many players Wenger has discarded in a hurry. We've also failed to properly compete in the market which means many players have been a stop gap until we got who we really wanted.

Malky

Established Member
You reckon? I can’t see it man. £12M max IMO.
Yeah somewhere around £10-12M is what I'll expect for this donkey. The fee's we received in January for Theo and Giroud (who boast far more impressive stats than Welbeck) don't give me much confidence that we'll even get close to recouping what we wasted on him.
Can't blame teams tho, who want's to spend big money on a CF that never scores goals or a wide player that can't beat a man. He's literally the most pointless player we've got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom