Danny Welbeck: Dan's Not Hot

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Anfield 1884, Sep 3, 2015.

1. tap-in

tap-in :|

I hope Wenger takes off his rose tinted glasses and accepts that Welbeck is done here. If he wont play Nketiah in the next EL round then he has to come up with another plan, maybe 4-3-3 with a front 3 of Ramsey Özil Mkhi. To keep on playing Welbeck is pointless.
    African Flair and Giroud12 like this.
  2. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

Woeful footballer before injuries, purely pointless after them.

The biggest shame is there’s no chance we can recoup the £16M we shelled out for him.
    Malky, tap-in, Godwin1 and 2 others like this.
  3. <<reed>>

It's really disgusting that we sold Arsenal legends like Walcott & Giroud before this United reject.
  4. Furious

Furious Mr. Believer; still mad

Easily mate. 20M guaranteed from the likes of Newcastle and Stoke.
  5. Giroud12

Giroud12 Well-Known Member

Absolutely no way he would start for any other pl club, unfortunately. We're gonna have big problems getting rid. Hopefully some Turkish club can take him, they seem to love pl rejects.
  6. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

You reckon? I can’t see it man. £12M max IMO.
    Malky likes this.
  7. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

When he injured his knee in 2016, Wenger said that it might have been because he pushed him too hard physically too quickly after his return from the last one. Wouldn't be surprised if Wenger feels a duty to the player to get his career back on track, even thought it's ultimately to the detriment of the team.
  8. say yes

say yes Very Stable Genius

Thought he was really good at the start of the season.
  9. King Eboue

King Eboue New Member

At key moments it went wrong for him. The chip that hit the post vs man utd, incisive play only to slip at the last, whenever he looked good - usually with another striker with nice link up play, energy runs like with laca at the start of the season he goes and gets himself injured. He's a warhorse. Unfortunately a broken down warhorse now. Agreed we need to offload asap.
  10. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Unsinkable !

He still lacked in end product but he had improved on few things, for example he was taking more shoots.
    Gooner Zig and MutableEarth like this.
  11. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Unsinkable !

It is interesting to think about. When you become untouchable like Wenger and nobdoy dare to sack you. You maybe stop doing things that is hardest in your job.

I read a interview with Wenger brother and he said Wenger loves to get to know people.

In later years I feel like Wenger get to close to many of his players. Hardest part of the job os telling player another human being he has to move on. That is maybe where Wenger has been struggling a lot in recent years. To move players on sooner.
    Gooner Zig and American_Gooner like this.
  12. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

It hurts the club sometimes, but I prefer Wenger's approach over being a dick towards players like Mourinho.
  13. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

Sven will identify where the squad needs improving and allow Wenger to tell Welbeck that the decision to move him on has been made over his head.
    Welbeck doesn't strike me as totally money orientated,so the chance to play on a decent wage at a good level should be enough to shift him. I'm not overly bothered about how much we get. Freeing up a squad place and wages is what it's all about now.
    Giroud12 and MutableEarth like this.
  14. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

He looked like he had done work on some of the less tangible parts of his game. Made better runs, took more shots - dovetailed nicely with Lacazette at the time too. Shame he lost that momentum but even when he was in that kind of form, he still had a lot of awry moments.
    Mrs Bergkamp and Gooner Zig like this.
  15. progman07

progman07 Well-Known Member

I do not deny that of course. What I see is though, we look like we have to rebuild every year. We have purchased too many players in the last 10 years who we had to replace too early.
    Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  16. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne is Temporary, Squad Cost is Forever Trusted

Your right. Some of them though have had injuries and never recovered back to their old selves, Cazorla certainly, Walcott, Welbeck, Debuchy and even Jack.
  17. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Well-Known Member

Welbeck would be a good player if we were a more defensive team, he'd be great in the winger role to just mark the oppositions best player. It's hat he use to do at United, was basically a second fullback. But Arséne's philosophy is 'we play' so he's not gonna bring you out there to kill the other teams attack.
  18. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

19. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

I sort of agree with you and as @Makingtrax said,we've also had to deal with a lot of injuries. My take is that we've actually kept a lot of players for far too long meaning we have to have a periodic mass clearout. Gervinho, Joe Campbell and Lucas Perez aside,I can't think of many players Wenger has discarded in a hurry. We've also failed to properly compete in the market which means many players have been a stop gap until we got who we really wanted.
  20. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

Yeah somewhere around £10-12M is what I'll expect for this donkey. The fee's we received in January for Theo and Giroud (who boast far more impressive stats than Welbeck) don't give me much confidence that we'll even get close to recouping what we wasted on him.
    Can't blame teams tho, who want's to spend big money on a CF that never scores goals or a wide player that can't beat a man. He's literally the most pointless player we've got.