• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck: Dan Out Ere

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He has to have serious performance anxiety when he plays.

You just can’t get to where he is not being able to strike the ball at all. He literally can’t strike the ball, he misses it.

He must do better in trainig

BobP

Memri Fan
In all seriousness though, Welbeck is not a main striker. If anything he's an auxiliary attacker, the sort who should play on the wings or behind the striker, that is in any of the 3 positions behind the striker in a 4231.

The injuries have been a real hindrance, but I definitely think he's a player who performs a useful function.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

In all seriousness though, Welbeck is not a main striker. If anything he's an auxiliary attacker, the sort who should play on the wings or behind the striker, that is in any of the 3 positions behind the striker in a 4231.

The injuries have been a real hindrance, but I definitely think he's a player who performs a useful function.

Always maintained his athletic ability is elite when fit ,it's just his finishing , even his nous as a striker where he get's onto chances has gotten better in the last 2 years.

Victarion

We need to swap him for Vardy, if we're going to keep someone around for being English and working hard they should at least be good. Plus a striker that can actually score is always nice.

And Welbeck would fit in well at Leicester.

Giroud12

Shows how bad he is that people are calling it a ' good ' performance because he played with energy and put in a defensive shift.
We'll just ignore that he's an awful CF because he can't score a ****ing goal to save his life! We could play just about anyone in the CF position and they'd offer the same as what Welbeck does - very little! **** it, pay me half of what Welbeck gets paid a week and I'll run myself into the ground for 90mins and put in some defensive work and I'll do all that while laughing my bollocks off that people will call it a good performance from a CF.
Can't get rid of this donkey quick enough.

Amen! So true.

What pisses me of the most with donkey boy is that regular fans pay 100 quid for a new kit, sometimes 100-300 to watch a big game, 5 pound for a pre made pie at the stadium - and that money partly goes to fund his crazy salary.

I know it's not his fault, and I know it's a first world problem. Still it costs me 1000 + to take my girlfriend to a big game in London, money welbeck makes in minutes. And he is literally awful at his job.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I do wonder sometimes if he has a mild form of dyspraxia

dyspraxia
dɪsˈpraksɪə/
noun
MEDICINE
  1. a developmental disorder of the brain in childhood causing difficulty in activities requiring coordination and movement.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Look at the way Fergie used him so effectively, either from wide or alongside Rooney or Van Persie up front. He was the ultimate big game player for them (well him or Park). Heck we even have used him quite well from a wide position on some occasions.

He'll never be a goal-scorer, we all know that so expecting it to change is ridiculous. What he does give is an out ball, athleticism and a phenomenal work rate that can be a useful tool in big games like on Thursday. It's not his fault that Lacazette is injured and Aubameyang cannot play in this competition.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I do wonder sometimes if he has a mild form of dyspraxia

dyspraxia
dɪsˈpraksɪə/
noun
MEDICINE
  1. a developmental disorder of the brain in childhood causing difficulty in activities requiring coordination and movement.

He had osgood schlatter as a kid coming through the academy .

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
He is in the England squad again.
Looks like Southgate trusts him.

Happy for him, hopefully it will give him some confidence.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

**** it. Yes he can be painful to watch, however that goal away at Old Trafford in the FA Cup will forever make it worth it.

Even though it led nowhere remember going absolutely mental in a pub at Uni when he scored against Leicester.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
He did have a couple of chances to score in the first leg and if he'll play with the same intensity, he just might surprise us by putting it in the back of the net.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
I still can't understand how a professional footballer can fallover from trying to strike a ball....

...And also that he's on £80k per week. lmao

OSBK

Established Member
I don't know whats more worrying. 1- Arsenal are relying on Welbeck to fire them to CL or 2- Harry Kane gets injured and the next replacement is Welbeck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom