• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck: Dan Out Ere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This happens every season, Welbeck gets a run of games and he comes into good form dispelling the myth that he's a donkey or a poor footballer which seems to spread when either he's injured or is only starting sporadically (tho there are a couple who're constant with their hate of the great man).

Big game player, vital for the Atletico tie. He'll shut the haters up once again.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Simeone’s tactics is more than just parking the bus like what Mourinho did.

When the other team is trying to build up from the back, Simeone’s team press high to limit passing options, forcing defenders to make errors.

Mourinho’s parking the bus won’t press high. He would just sit deep with physically strong player.

When the opponent are able to build from the back, Simeone’s team play very narrow and compact. He does that to limit space available in the central areas. But that would leave some space on both sides of the pitch.

Mourinho’s parking the bus would not allow any space to be exploited, not even on the flanks. So all they do is again, sitting deep with physically strong players.

When Simeone’s team is playing counter, it’s by good techniques and clever movements. It’s beautiful to watch everytime they counter, although it does not happen a lot in a match. The whole match maybe boring to some people,
but at least the one or two goals they scored would be very nice to watch.

Mourinho counter with boring long ball and physical play. Boring to watch even on the counter. Even if they scored ten goals in a match, they would all be boring goals. And the match will guaranteed to be boring.
King Welbz will destroy it.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This happens every season, Welbeck gets a run of games and he comes into good form dispelling the myth that he's a donkey or a poor footballer which seems to spread when either he's injured or is only starting sporadically
Literally came in this thread to post this.

He seems to be the only Arsenal player who isn't allowed to be rusty after long term injuries.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
This happens every season, Welbeck gets a run of games and he comes into good form dispelling the myth that he's a donkey or a poor footballer which seems to spread when either he's injured or is only starting sporadically (tho there are a couple who're constant with their hate of the great man).

Big game player, vital for the Atletico tie. He'll shut the haters up once again.
I missed the game but i watched his highlights. Have to admit I am starting to see what you see. I don;t think he will ever be an elite player but nothing wrong with what we seeing so far and I beleive more is to come.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I've complained about Welbeck as much as anyone but he is currently playing well for us, possibly the best run of games he's had for us, ie not just the odd goal then back to bring rubbish. If he plays his part this week and helps us to the CL final, I'll take back almost everything I've ever said about him.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I'm a big critic of his, but if there is one player I know will rise to big occasions, it's Danny. I've got faith he'll put in strong performances against Atletico, moreso than in the likes of Lacazette and Özil.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I'm a big critic of his, but if there is one player I know will rise to big occasions, it's Danny. I've got faith he'll put in strong performances against Atletico, moreso than in the likes of Lacazette and Özil.

Lol what?

Özil has more big games performances this season alone than Welbz has in his whole career.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Lol what?

Özil has more big games performances this season alone than Welbz has in his whole career.
I think Özil gets a bad rap in big games, but there are many in which I have felt he didn't have a significant impact. Welbeck on the other hand I think has a fantastic mentality that makes him very effective in big games, despite his lack of technique. Wenger described it well the other day...

"I would say, above all, the qualities of Danny Welbeck... when your back's against the wall, he looks like he has that extra special motivation in his body and in his head, that can give you something special. That's something really exceptional and that you do not find in many players."

...and I'd have to agree. And I feel it isn't a quality to be overlooked. And for all the talent Özil has, I don't think he has that mental quality to the degree Welbeck does. Which isn't to say Welbeck is the better player, because that isn't true, but it does mean Welbeck has something about him that the likes of Özil doesn't. In my opinion anyways.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I missed the game but i watched his highlights. Have to admit I am starting to see what you see. I don;t think he will ever be an elite player but nothing wrong with what we seeing so far and I beleive more is to come.

Physically elite though , no one else in PL has a better power -speed combo than Welbeck , just needs to improve his finishing 10 percent .

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I think Özil gets a bad rap in big games, but there are many in which I have felt he didn't have a significant impact. Welbeck on the other hand I think has a fantastic mentality that makes him very effective in big games, despite his lack of technique. Wenger described it well the other day...

"I would say, above all, the qualities of Danny Welbeck... when your back's against the wall, he looks like he has that extra special motivation in his body and in his head, that can give you something special. That's something really exceptional and that you do not find in many players."

...and I'd have to agree. And I feel it isn't a quality to be overlooked. And for all the talent Özil has, I don't think he has that mental quality to the degree Welbeck does. Which isn't to say Welbeck is the better player, because that isn't true, but it does mean Welbeck has something about him that the likes of Özil doesn't. In my opinion anyways.
It is my opinion that some of Danny's fight was brainwashed into him mkultra style by Fungus

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Saw the best and worst of Welbeck today. Gave it all the yards and had some good passages of play but ultimately wasn't very effective at parts and had a hand in the debacle that was Atletico's equalizer.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Should’ve put us ahead on 20 minutes. In moments like that he shows why his goal tally is so small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom