• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck: Dan Out Ere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Left back. I like it. Actually, I think his work rate when he plays on the wing could help him succeed there. I guess everybody thought Fergie was crazy when he made a fullback of Antonio Valencia. You never know. Doesn't hurt to give it a try.

Thinking the same. His build, stamina and workrate could fit a fullback. While he's surely not the most adept defender, he does cling to his opponents and doesn't shy away from going into duels. Unfortunately he doesn't have the output for a proper winger or forward, so that won't go missing. With a bit of tactical and positional instruction he could do a good job.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Doesn't have to score from LB, I guess...Strangely I could somehow see this transition happen.

I would be amazed if this happened, its not like the guy is good with the ball. Also with his injury record it would probably lead to more. I think Emery knows we're stuck with him for another year so may as well try him everywhere in case we need cover.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I would be amazed if this happened, its not like the guy is good with the ball. Also with his injury record it would probably lead to more. I think Emery knows we're stuck with him for another year so may as well try him everywhere in case we need cover.

Yeah am a fan of Danny and definitely has the physcial attributes but have seen him in our defensive third with the ball.......... not good . Also never seen him cross . Would be a pleasant surprise but probably go the way of Calum Chambers at DM . Lasted two days did it ?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
One thing I don't understand is when people say he never should have been signed. He may have outlived his usefulness to the squad in 2018, but he was an absolutely necessary signing in 2014. Not only did he save us from watching Sanogo every week, but he scored some crucial goals: 90th minute equaliser against Hull, winner away to West Brom and the winner at West Ham, not to mention his goal at Old Trafford. His thigh strain in 14/15 came at the worst time, he was starting to put together a run of performances and the capped it off with a brilliant one at Upton Park. He scored the winner and some of his hold-up play in the 2nd half was incredible, the particular highlight being:
http://arsenalist.com/f/2014-15/whu-vs-arsenal/ooh-great-welbeck-run-keeper-gets-a-touch.html

Giroud was still working his way back to fitness at the time, so if he'd stayed fit Welbeck could have established himself as first-choice CF for the first time in his career. Then he got that the bad knee injury the summer Wenger didn't sign a striker, like Walcott this guy tends to get injured at the worst possible time. It could've been so different for the pair of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom