• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck: Dan Out Ere

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Been thinking for a few weeks now , Wele is an option instead of Aubameyang on the wing, better defensively , scores goals, great in the air , better ball control . Heat is on .

edit sorry Aubameyang.

Last edited:

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I have to say Welbz is like a secret weapon! I love him lol and his energy gets my hype! I am really loving our attack! Welbz, Auba and Laca with Nketiah there too! HOT DAMN!

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Welbeck has been the one I've wanted to see Arsenal extend all along. Don't know what's happening with that, but I really would love to see him stay. Always been a fan. He gets a lot of slack when he's not scoring goals in bunches, but he contributes in so many ways. He's physical. Direct. Has pace. Works his butt off on both ends. Among Arsenal's forwards, he's by far the best at pressing. Much more well-rounded player than Ramsey.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Very happy for Welbz. You can see he's got a lot of confidence in his play after a bright start to the season. He's probably also motivated by the fact he's on his last year and is playing for the contract here or elsewhere (probably the latter which is a shame).

How the tables have turned btw. Last season and in pre-season he was slated beyond belief here and now he's the darling of the month.

Last edited:

pikey2000

Some of us have always valued him as a great squad player, the most successful sides have a blend of quality and work ethic, for every Özil you need a Danny doing to the basics in order to achieve the right balance.

You'll struggle to find a player willing to ride the bench more often than not yet still has the quality to impact when called upon, keep it going Welbezihno.

Wryer

Making the most out of the precious minutes he has had.

Given the comments Deeney made about Welbeck, I would start him against Watford just for the sake of getting him fired up.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Classic Danny. Just love this player. Bags a brace but also could have had a hattrick, slipped over the ball in our own half, mistimed a kick and completely missed the ball. Looks like a clown at times but can;t say he doesn't do a job. Works hard! Confusing player to say the least.

boyinneedofhumor

He could finish off a move... both naturally and/or unnaturally.
How is one going to guard a guy like that?

Jest aside, I'm happy for him. I do hope he sees his sub role as an opportunity for him to avoid past injuries whilst making good impression/strides progressively.
An effective sub can be held in similar high regards as a starter.

Jae

Drop Ramsey, put Özil back at number 10 and let him fight it out with Iwobi for the RW position.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
In some years surely.
But Nketiah is at the moment a Back-Up for the Carabao cup and not for the Premier League.
You can’t have it both ways, Welbeck’s presence at from club is blocking Nketiah from getting playing time. If people are happy with Danny staying they shouldn’t be so shocked when Eddie doesn’t get as many opportunities.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
You can’t have it both ways, Welbeck’s presence at from club is blocking Nketiah from getting playing time. If people are happy with Danny staying they shouldn’t be so shocked when Eddie doesn’t get as many opportunities.

That's not true. We are talking about a 19 year old, who is one of the best players for the U23 Team.
It already should be a privilege to train with the first team of Arsenal with 19 years.

We don't have a big squad depth. It's not Welbecks fault Nketiah haven't got minutes yesterday.
Emery is taking every cup/game serious (understandable) and he subbed in Laca instead of Nketiah.

Guardiola only played Foden and Diaz against Oxford - as PL winners against a League One team. We had at least Smith Rowe against a good Championsship Team.
It is never easy for Youngsters. If you are good enough, you will get minutes.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Emery is taking every cup/game serious (understandable) and he subbed in Laca instead of Nketiah.
It's not understandable, we are in a transition period and he sacrifices our long term success over some meaningless games and investing time in players that are talent limited or at the end of their contracts instead of promoting best youngsters from our academy. Even when we have a great group of academy players, club fails to find proper loans for them or give them chances here.
It's really not that we are competing for any trophy this year, so it would be our best interest to prepare this squad for the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom