• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck: Dan Out Ere

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Not surprised. He's done well recently but he's not the future so why invest more in him. Next season Nketiah will be 1st team squad and getting minutes, so too will Smith-Rowe.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
because everytime he put the shirt he gave 1000%, he is a ****ing quality back up, with outstanding phisicalliity good link up play and a fantastic team mentality, plus he is our player and he is leaving.

i dont get you bro, you dont like any of our players (specially the british ones) i get you like flair and tecnical quality, but you cant have 11 cazorlas.

I didn't like the British ones because they were simply not good enough. I don't care if they were British, French, Spanish or from any other country.
This British core is why we've gone backward recently because we've put too much faith, time, money, efforts into players who weren't worth it.

It's been a huge failure and we shouldn't be looking at where a player comes from to judge him but to what he brings to the team.

Yes he gives a 100% for the shirt. His athleticism is outstanding. And he's a lovely lad.
But I don't think it's enough to get him a 4 years new contract mate when we have youngsters who need some room to develop and are cheaper.
And there's also footballing reasons:
- he's injury prone. He's missed too much time because of his knees.
- his game is based purely on his athleticism who is soon going to regress especially with the injuries he got.
- his stats are poor for an offensive player overall.

I think there's some hypocrisy because the same people who want elneny gone and think he doesn't bring anything to the squad wants Welbeck to stay.
Elneny is also a fantastic lad who's always smiling, who everybody loves in the team. He has always given 100% for our shirt. He's never said anything wrong about his situation. And he isn't injury prone. And like Welbeck he has obvious limitations in his game and doesn't bring enough to the team imo. And Elneny is much cheaper than Danny.

I think we should get a very good winger in the next summer transfer window and it would leave us with Iwobi Aubameyang Mkhitaryan New signing. I think it's a better idea to give the 5th spot to Nelson or Nketiah rather than Welbeck.

Last edited:

vijay

Hates Guendouzi for no reason
Danny has pretty much all the tools needed for a striker, except a really consistent short backlift accurate rocket shot ....if he perfects that from Laca then this could be the year Danny boy shows us what a real centre forward looks like. i am starting to see some signs of arrogance in his play...and that really bodes well.

He turns 28 in November....and this is usually the peak for a striker.

pikey2000

According to various report he's already between 70k and 90k a week which is already too much for his overall contribution imo.
I really don't see the point to offer him a 4 year contract when he has obvious limitations and his game is based on pure athleticism. And he always miss a good part of the season due to injuries.
Last summer we've tried to sell him but we didn't have a decent offer. Ask yourself why a mid table club didn't try to buy him.

I don't like the idea to have bench players like Elneny and Welbeck when you know they don't have any other future at the club and they will never challenge for a starting spot. Because then you get in situations like Gibbs, Jenkinson, Debuchy (and the list goes on) that are just happy to sit on the bench and getting paid.
Don't you remember when fans were saying Gibbs was the best backup LB in the league? He was so hard to get rid of!
Imo you need to revamp in a frequent basis your bench because if you don't some subs might get confortable. We were in this very same situation.

I'd much rather have younger players on low wages who are hungry and have the potential to be a starter in the future. Who can challenge for a starting spot à la Guendouzi.
Nketiah might be to young for this role I agree. But Nelson should be ready next year.

I get you, we just disagree over Welbeck.

Elneny - completely onboard with you, he offers nothing above the likes of AMN, Geoundouzi therefore is pointless, taking up a wage and squad spot for no particular reason and we would see more benefit giving the youth his game time without too much of a drop in quality (if any).

Welbeck though is comfortably superior to both Nelson and Nketieh right now, so for me, he has a role to play, not perhaps 4 years worth of a role to play but if he was willing to extend for 2 more years i'd be happy with that.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I would be happy if he finishes his contract here and goes on a free in the summer. I don't think he can contribute anything important after this season, and we should aim for bigger talents next summer.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
because everytime he put the shirt he gave 1000%, he is a ****ing quality back up, with outstanding phisicalliity good link up play and a fantastic team mentality, plus he is our player and he is leaving.

He is a Ferguson player, a trophy from Yanayted from ol', homegrown too, I would play him up to 150k to stay no problem. Best 3rd choice striker in the League by quite some margin and also useful in other positions.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
dbqkiyglx7q11.jpg

What a beast.

Marmaduke

I've always backed Danny to the hilt. Great that everyone is starting to see the real deal from him. Yeah he's not going to set anything alight single-handedly but is d*** useful in a team.

Last edited:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
We have to keep him to be honest. Makes sense for both him and the club.
But for how long? I don't know what he offers after 30, but I would take him for 2 more years. He is much better player this season and one of the guys I was wrong about and I'm happy to admit it

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
I've always backed Danny to the hilt. Great that everyone is starting to see the real deal from him. Yeah he's not going to set anything alight single-handedly but is d*** useful in a team.

I've been consistently one of Welbecks biggest critics throughout his time at AFC, but I'm a bit torn right now. Maybe it's the high of the spanking we just gave Fulham but I can actually see a place in the team for Welbeck now.

My biggest gripe with him has always been his inability as a scorer. Now that we have 2 leathal finishers in Lacazette and PEA and it's quite clear both need a partner to perform at their best, Welbeck becomes a much more important backup. If we are no longer depending on him to be the change of pace striker like he was for Giroud or to score really then I can see a spot for him at AFC.

Can't believe I just typed this tbf. I'm going to lay down. :lol:

Jae

But for how long? I don't know what he offers after 30, but I would take him for 2 more years. He is much better player this season and one of the guys I was wrong about and I'm happy to admit it

I'd give him a two year extension. Gives us time for one of our youth players to step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom