• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck: Dan Out Ere

Status
Not open for further replies.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Exactly it's muppetry , bruised bone months ago . Now we operate ? **** me . Hopefully he isn't out for long as far as knee surgery is concerned . No wonder Wenger was blowing smoke up Campbell's arse .

Exactly. Well, Campbell will get game time for sure now. Obviously Wenger didn't see him as good enough but maybe he can have a Coquelin-esque renaissance.

Wenger knew that Welbeck was out from before deadline day-the hipster gambler strikes again.

HomeSteak

Established Member
Arsène is a joke, so is the medical team here at Arsenal.
Hurt from April but they did not know if he needed surgey or not.
Had they done it in April...he would be back by now. This club :D

redanddread

On a serious note, can we call Chuba back this season?
Wouldn't mind as a third choice, has good tools in his locker, good enough for cup games IMO.
I have a sneaking suspicion it's a year long loan but don't know if that has an emergency clause. Chuba's not ready for the Premier League yet imo.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Arsène is a joke, so is the medical team here at Arsenal.
Hurt from April but they did not know if he needed surgey or not.
Had they done it in April...he would be back by now. This club :D

Yeah what the **** is up with that ? April , bruising lasts a couple of weeks for goodness sake . Doctors didn't know what was wrong with him ? A quick scan of his medical records would have helped .

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Obviously Wenger's not going to buy improvements on our injury prone British players because that will kill them..

We're going to be constantly waiting for these players to develop because they'll never be fit long enough to actually progress. And then at the end of the season we'll say "oh well they haven't had the proper game time yet (because they're always injured) so we should be more patient with them and give them another chance."

While Wenger's playing this British Core waiting game, our experienced key players will either get too old or look to move on and the rebuilding job will start again.

Injuries do my head in. Wilshere, Ox, Theo, Gibbs, Ramsey, now Welbeck. Most of them are 2/3 years behind in their development because they've been injured so much.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Basically his bone growth has (temporarily) outpaced his soft tissue growth.

The rapid bone growth affects coordination because the distances the muscle-memory remembers have changed.

Ahhhh wow , then he doe have a **** load of upside.

samir

Obviously Wenger's not going to buy improvements on our injury prone British players because that will kill them..

We're going to be constantly waiting for these players to develop because they'll never be fit long enough to actually progress. And then at the end of the season we'll say "oh well they haven't had the proper game time yet (because they're always injured) so we should be more patient with them and give them another chance."

While Wenger's playing this British Core waiting game, our experienced key players will either get too old or look to move on and the rebuilding job will start again.

Injuries do my head in. Wilshere, Ox, Theo, Gibbs, Ramsey, now Welbeck. Most of them are 2/3 years behind in their development because they've been injured so much.

Once they do get fit and start fighting, we'd sell them to the highest bidder.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Yeah what the **** is up with that ? April , bruising lasts a couple of weeks for goodness sake . Doctors didn't know what was wrong with him ? A quick scan of his medical records would have helped .
They did the same with Koscielny iirc, if he'd just had surgery after the World Cup he would've missed less time than what he actually did.

Plutarch

Shocking management from everyone involved, from the way the injury was managed to the fact we didn't sign a striker despite knowing Welbeck would be gone for months. Extremely disappointed in the club.
That's just how I feel. Injury poorly managed, and this bad news quite obviously held back during the transfer window. It all sounds quite cynical from Arsenal and I'm disappointed.

US_Gooner

Established Member
Rumor has it Wenger didn't want Wele, only on loan. Gazidis pushed the deal through while Wenger was busy wasting time in Italy.
I used to think that too but there was an interview with Wenger a while back that clarified Wenger's weird quote around Welbeck's transfer.

Turns out Wenger only wanted to buy but United only wanted to loan. Apparently there was some coincidence that enabled Wenger to convince United to sell, otherwise Wenger was going to pass.

amirkat

Established Member
I'm beyond disgusted with Arsène and the Club right now. Make no mistake, they knew about this weeks in advance and planned to release this information after the window closed. Disgraceful management.

redanddread

"Treatment for Osgood-Schlatter disease focuses on reducing pain and swelling. This typically requires limiting exercise activity until your child can enjoy activity without discomfort or significant pain afterwards. In some cases, rest from activity is required for several months, followed by a strength conditioning program. However, if your child does not have a large amount of pain or a limp, participation in sports may be safe to continue."

Seems they adopted that approach but then assessed it and found that surgery was required.

jfk

I'm beyond disgusted with Arsène and the Club right now. Make no mistake, they knew about this weeks in advance and planned to release this information after the window closed. Disgraceful management.

They did, they even say so in the article. They knew it last week already.
I was defending Wenger but now, frankly, I don't get it.

Also it was strange according to sportwitness that they didn't want to loan Campbell to Lazio/other italian clubs...now we know why.

I'd need an explanation frankly...this is beyond understanding.

amirkat

Established Member
They did, they even say so in the article. They knew it last week already.
I was defending Wenger but now, frankly, I don't get it.

Also it was strange according to sportwitness that they didn't want to loan Campbell to Lazio/other italian clubs...now we know why.

I'd need an explanation frankly...this is beyond understanding.

It's unfathomable. It literally doesn't make sense.

****ing livid.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Season will be over by the time Welbeck is sharp

You would think he's out till new year, then a couple of months to build himself up again, and then he gets playing time, and then we wait for him to get sharp from that playing time etc.

So, really, we have one striker? Theo is such a joke at CF that I now refuse to even acknowledge him there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom