Danny Welbeck: Get Wel Soon

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Anfield 1884, Sep 3, 2015.

1. LGooner98

LGooner98 Well-Known Member

Poor Welbz. He is so unlucky. Just when he is having a pretty good season.....
    Danny boy, wishing you a speedy recovery and hope to see you back and play a few matches before the end of the season. Take care!

Mo Britain and krackpot like this.
  2. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

Oh lord. That is tragic.

I wish him the best.

Trilly and celestis like this.
  3. LGooner98

LGooner98 Well-Known Member

I am probably the only one here who still wish the club extend his contract...

m-due and NieThePiet like this.
  4. Tomb Bombadil

Tomb Bombadil New Member

I heard Danny is already making his first trainer licence and working with the young guns. So maybe the club still wants to keep him.

The question is if he would be willing to take a pay cut I guess or a pay per play contract.

LGooner98, m-due and NieThePiet like this.
  5. razörist

razörist Loves the Lad of Luscious Locks

Course not, loads of people want him here, injury or not.

Trilly, m-due, NieThePiet and 6 others like this.
  6. Marmaduke

Marmaduke Well-Known Member

I'll back Danny to get another contract until the end. Seems like he would reasonably understand a pay cut is in order (or some injury clause) and that he would have to fight all over to get game time.

If the injury isn't career-breaking I'm sure he can cement the same Cup striker, extra winger/forward position.

m-due, Stannis and LGooner98 like this.
  7. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Hoping Emery cloud has a silver lining

Commentators nightmare:
    ”Danny Welbeck arriving, he’s looking pretty fit and sharp at the moment”

Good luck Danny, really hope you get back to playing again, even if it’s not at Arsenal.

8. pigge

pigge Well-Known Member

Ánkle-injuries suck balls. Really hope he get better quick. He was having good form and really doing well this season as well. Big blow.

LGooner98 and celestis like this.
  9. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mmhmm yes, I agree

Lies, we're all loving his form. Some posters feel he may block some youngsters but nobody is opposed to this.

LGooner98, Jae and pigge like this.
  10. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Well-Known Member

We look after our players. His recovery will take longer than a year. I wouldn't be surprised if we extend by one year at a lower wage in order to look after him.

m-due and LGooner98 like this.
  11. progman07

progman07 Well-Known Member

I agree, we definitely should. Even from a financial perspective, it's better if we give him a contract, and possibly sell him next year if he cannot return to the level required, than letting him leave on a free... but definitely he should not have to worry about anything else than healing and returning to playing. Such a nice guy who always gives 100%.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018 at 10:12 AM
    m-due likes this.
  12. Tosker

Tosker Well-Known Member

being black and very likeable are two qualities already which would make him a valuable asset behind the scenes when so many youngsters coming through are black

m-due likes this.
  13. HollandGooner

HollandGooner Well-Known Member

Awfull injury wish him all the best

14. lamby22

lamby22 Well-Known Member

Big blow for us as he's a great squad player to have. I'm all for giving him a year extension on his contract.

15. Mo Britain

Mo Britain You should be ashamed of yourself Gazidis

Thank goodness I'm not at the Arsenal being white and dislikeable.

The problem with the new contract will be - the lure of a fat signing-on fee plus high wages free transfers often attract v the club wanting to reduce its liability in case of further injuries by reducing wages aka the Wilshere Conundrum. Very few players can resist the extra 40/50k a week.

It would be lovely if Danny were the exception as, injuries apart, he's only 27 and has loads of football in him but can't say I think it will happen for the above reason.

celestis, m-due and American_Gooner like this.
  16. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Have to give it to any player out there giving 100% on short deals... Especially when an injury history like Welbeck or Ramsey.

With the money involved I would be taking the NFL route & sitting it out.

I cant see him renewing though just as at 27 & his qualities needs to be starting.

m-due likes this.
  17. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

Hope he was a speedy recovery. And his injury and imminent departure meet Rauls criteria for January activity.

18. Gooner Zig

Gooner Zig AM's Resident Accountant Trusted

Couldn't catch the match yesterday due to work but that still picture is gruesome. I've never been a massive fan of Danny but he's a great squaddie and lad by all accounts.

Wish him the speediest of recoveries.

19. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

Hope the injury isn't too serious. We could really use him around February.

20. Stannis

Stannis Well-Known Member

It’s bad, I reckon if he comes back at all it would be around April.

Really tragic

samshere likes this.