• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck: Dan Out Ere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

Still no news on him :(
Hopefully its not career threatening injury

I don't think it will be, the only reason it would be is due to his age and being out of contract. Obviously nobody knows the true extent of his injury, but the injury to Eduardo for example looked just as bad as this if not worse and he came back from it.

Marmaduke

being black and very likeable are two qualities already which would make him a valuable asset behind the scenes when so many youngsters coming through are black
I'm sure you didn't mean it that way but that can very easily be misconstrued as those two qualities together being hard to find. My first read tells me "being black" and "nice" is either a rarity or mutually exclusive.

Gunner140

Given that his contract will ran out in the summer, this match might end up as the last one in Arsenal's shirt. Really bad way to end his stay at the club, but with football you never know.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A guy who's operated on Jack Wilshere?
9VBPNN3.gif

say yes

forum master baiter
Gutted for Danny. Thinks that's his time with us done sadly. Not the most glamorous player but have always maintained he's a very good one.

Hope Eddie can step up in his absence.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Yes, on top of that fact ^.

If you are a good character you are a good character. Doesn't have anything to do with skin..
of course not - but there is no denying there is a shortage of black coaches at all levels, and I personally see Danny being a real asset to help out with the youngsters, on and off the field - only white people tend to see colour as irrelevent, it seems to me

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Given that his contract will ran out in the summer, this match might end up as the last one in Arsenal's shirt. Really bad way to end his stay at the club, but with football you never know.

Sounds really bad if this would really be his last game.

Another hugely likeable player among our squad, Santi had a catastrophic injury and we never saw him in an Arsenal shirt anymore.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I'm sure you didn't mean it that way but that can very easily be misconstrued as those two qualities together being hard to find. My first read tells me "being black" and "nice" is either a rarity or mutually exclusive.

Think what Tosker meant is he could be a role model for the kids .After hearing all the crap black players went endured in the youth system only a few years ago , actually makes sense .

On another note losing him is quite a blow , only forward we have that genuinely likes to mix it up physically in the box . Played a big role in our goal against Liverpool too .

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
of course not - but there is no denying there is a shortage of black coaches at all levels, and I personally see Danny being a real asset to help out with the youngsters, on and off the field - only white people tend to see colour as irrelevent, it seems to me
There are fewer black coaches than the percentage of black people in UK, there are far more black players than the percentage of black people in UK. Swings and roundabouts. Unless there is some proven racism which is preventing black people from becoming coaches or white people from becoming players then I'm really not sure what the fuss is.

Unfortunately there are professional troublemakers making a living from stirring up trouble. Colour is irrelevant and if everyone doesn't see sense about this then at some point the white people you refer to will not see it as irrelevant either.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Swings and roundabouts. Unless there is some proven racism which is preventing black people from becoming coaches or white people from becoming players then I'm really not sure what the fuss is.

Did you just dismiss the entire concept of institutional racism with the term “swings and roundabouts”.

Get well soon Danny, all the best for your future endeavours mate. You don’t deserve this, but like they say “Deserve ain’t got nothing to do with it”

Gunner140

Sounds really bad if this would really be his last game.

Another hugely likeable player among our squad, Santi had a catastrophic injury and we never saw him in an Arsenal shirt anymore.

We are really unlucky with this injuries. I think we are the Premier League team with the most long term injuries in the last decade.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
There are fewer black coaches than the percentage of black people in UK, there are far more black players than the percentage of black people in UK. Swings and roundabouts. Unless there is some proven racism which is preventing black people from becoming coaches or white people from becoming players then I'm really not sure what the fuss is.

Unfortunately there are professional troublemakers making a living from stirring up trouble. Colour is irrelevant and if everyone doesn't see sense about this then at some point the white people you refer to will not see it as irrelevant either.

The reason there are so relatively few black coaches is because society is still in the process of trying to get beyond the idea that black people aren't up to the task when it comes to positions of authority that require thinking. The reason there are a lot of black players is because white people have never had a problem having black people entertain them and historically blacks have turned to sport because they haven't had the same opportunities elsewhere.

Color is never irrelevant to people whose color brings extra obstacles to face in life and denies them the privileges that people of other colors may have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom