• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck: Dan Out Ere

Status
Not open for further replies.

m-due

I just watched randomly an Arsenal YouTube channel in-game commentary from players between Coquelin and Welbeck. Welbeck is a dope character with his teammates. I realized Coquelin’s British accent was well advanced then.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

Sounds a bit laughable but it does really speak for the bond. You wouldn't do something like this if you didn't care for the guy 'cause you wouldn't even had come to think of him. It's like the CL final is on and one of your best mates is out of the country and can't be with the group watching the game so you put up a picture of him somewhere for the fun of it and at least chat with him during the game. You wouldn't do that if you didn't care.

Checking in and keeping injured players part of the group is important. As the injured guy you go to games and such, and as the team you keep contact and check in on him. Stuff like this really strengthens the team spirit.

Marmaduke

Thoughts on this? Think it's not a bad idea, we probably will not have problems selling Welbeck once he gets fit.
Personally I've always liked Welbeck as both a player and character. I have no doubts he will recover on/ahead of schedule. Would give him a new deal with some injury clauses or the like.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

He's been a great servant to the club, adapting to any role and putting in a shift. However, I think it's time to move on and give his spot to Reiss and Eddie.

Fallout

depends on whether he wants to take a pay cut. 125k is too much. 90k seems like an upper bound on what is reasonable when you:
-- look at the wages of other players in the team
-- consider the wages of a potential replacement
-- factor in uncertainty from his injuries

personally, i don't want welbeck to leave, but i fully trust our scouting team to identify a replacement either internally or externally if his contract expires.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I don't see what's funny about a discussion on race/society, maybe I'm just weird.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You'd think :

" E's passed on! This striker is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the crossbar 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-WELBECK!

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
We’re ruthless under the new regime when it comes to contracts, it’s a shame as a rate Welbz very highly but expected.
Wait what, you rate Welbz very highly? I rate Aubemayang very highly. Welbeck is squadplayer at best

Wait what, you rate Welbz very highly? I rate Aubemayang very highly. Welbeck is squadplayer at best

Wait wtf? Why does @Beksl not have same rating of players as you do? **** WHAT IS HAPPENING?

giphy.gif

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters

I respect you opinion and for me Auba is world class striker in every sense of the word.

Welbeck has a very unique profile, physically a beast, tactically very astute and also has skills although I can see why someone wouldn't agree with the latter. The fact is he never had a prolonged period of injury free, fully fit football with us. It's hard to come back from an ACL injury let alone two. He was one of the main pieces of Fergies title winning side and it's a shame he couldn't produce for us. He's a classic story of what if tbh.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I respect you opinion and for me Auba is world class striker in every sense of the word.

Welbeck has a very unique profile, physically a beast, tactically very astute and also has skills although I can see why someone wouldn't agree with the latter. The fact is he never had a prolonged period of injury free, fully fit football with us. It's hard to come back from an ACL injury let alone two. He was one of the main pieces of Fergies title winning side and it's a shame he couldn't produce for us. He's a classic story of what if tbh.
Ah okay!

For me he has shown over his career he doesn't really have what it takes to be a good striker and i really don't see it changeing either! He has like 1 season or something with more than 10 goals. Giroud has like 10 and a few of those are over 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom