• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck: Dan Out Ere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
What about 30 goals and 10 assists? Could he do that while he's balancing the the team?
No, but now we have another player in Lacazette who we can depend on for goals so it's not like Welbeck is the player who we'd be asking to replace those numbers. Alexis should definitely be starting games in the near future but Welbeck could definitely have a look into the team if he continues his form. There are some things he provides that Alexis can't, and one could also argue that we'd have more use developing him as he will be staying for several more seasons.

Again, Alexis is the guy for now, but Welbz deserves to be considered.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
No, but now we have another player in Lacazette who we can depend on for goals so it's not like Welbeck is the player who we'd be asking to replace those numbers. Alexis should definitely be starting games in the near future but Welbeck could definitely have a look into the team if he continues his form. There are some things he provides that Alexis can't, and one could also argue that we'd have more use developing him as he will be staying for several more seasons.

Fully agree with this. I've felt for a while Welbeck's best position at the club would be on the RW in a 4231 where his pace and power can be devastating. This moment stands out to me in particular:

The last time he got a real run in the team over a number of weeks was 14/15 when he played a CF with the likes of Ramsey/Wilshere/Ox behind him in a 4141, none of whom can really be counted on in front of goal. Alexis was the only other genuine goal threat in the team which put a lot of pressure on Welbeck and so all of his good qualities were overshadowed by his lack of goals. With Alexis and Lacazette in the team and Giroud on the bench there's not as much of a burden on him to score, which might actually liberate him and lead to his best scoring season. Fingers crossed.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Even Alexis' biggest fan should be able to take off the shades and say that our entire game last season was get the ball to Alexis.

If the team was better balanced he wouldn't have that much. Don't be deliberately obtuse sir. You know what my enemy meant.
Deliberately obtuse, he says, after a post like that :lol::lol::lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Fully agree with this. I've felt for a while Welbeck's best position at the club would be on the RW in a 4231 where his pace and power can be devastating. This moment stands out to me in particular:

The last time he got a real run in the team over a number of weeks was 14/15 when he played a CF with the likes of Ramsey/Wilshere/Ox behind him in a 4141, none of whom can really be counted on in front of goal. Alexis was the only other genuine goal threat in the team which put a lot of pressure on Welbeck and so all of his good qualities were overshadowed by his lack of goals. With Alexis and Lacazette in the team and Giroud on the bench there's not as much of a burden on him to score, which might actually liberate him and lead to his best scoring season. Fingers crossed.
With wing play like that and an expected goal return of not much at all, he'd basically be a Theo without the goals.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Deliberately obtuse, he says, after a post like that :lol::lol::lol:
Ok explain.

Aevius said a team might be more balanced with Welbeck instead of Sanchez and you just ignorantly brought up end product. Wallad.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

These moments are too few and far between.

He's had a fantastic start to the season, by his standards. But I can't forget how many chances he missed at Stoke, and that early chance against Liverpool.

I've always said he has immense physical qualities. But he hasn't got it between the ears. And he's too inconsistent. His second goal against Bournemouth was excellent, but I know we can't rely on him to do it weekly.

I'd love for Welbeck to keep up this kind of form but I can't see it. For him to really force his way into the starting XI he'll need to do something significant against Chelski. Otherwise, we need to get the Laca-Alexis-Özil trio going as quickly as possible. They need to strike up an understanding. Those three alone are good enough to carry us into the top four IMO.

Needs to be unleashed.

Goal with his head, left foot and right foot.

Two big chances missed so far this season.

Nothing to cry about given that he is playing behind the striker. 4 games 3 goals and doing one hell of a job for others in front of him!

Thing his form is only gonna improve too as he shakes almost two years without football off him.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
With wing play like that and an expected goal return of not much at all, he'd basically be a Theo without the goals.
Well he's a better footballer than Theo, so at least he'd contribute something. But I agree, he needs to score more to justify his place in the team. Should be hitting double figures at least with the amount of chances he gets in a season.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I was really pleased for Welbeck on Sat. I've been as harsh on him as anyone on here, never rated him and in his time with us my view seemed valid, although I accept he has been out a lot. I hope he proves me wrong and becomes a nailed on starter, much easier than having to bring a goal scorer in. We need to see how he is doing by Jan, then make a more accurate assessment of him.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Ok explain.

Aevius said a team might be more balanced with Welbeck instead of Sanchez and you just ignorantly brought up end product. Wallad.
What good is balance when your team is 40 goals light because you've got a lemon up front instead of a certified stud ffs?!

Sanchez only clocked up great numbers because everyone was passing it to him... What kind of school playground football argument is this? Özil presumably only clocks up so many [dodgy] chances created stats and Assists (when he does--it's been a long time), because everyone passes the ball to him then? And there's FAR more truth in latter!

Godwin1

Very well-known

Yeah based off his form of 1 game looks like a world beater, looks like a good squad option based of his career for us though. Way to many inconsistencies to ever really consider him being an integral part of the team, would be a new low for the club if he's the guy who's going to replace Sanchez when he goes.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

What good is balance when your team is 40 goals light because you've got a lemon up front instead of a certified stud ffs?!

Sanchez only clocked up great numbers because everyone was passing it to him... What kind of school playground football argument is this? Özil presumably only clocks up so many [dodgy] chances created stats and Assists (when he does--it's been a long time), because everyone passes the ball to him then? And there's FAR more truth in latter!
You're always on the offensive.

All he said was the team may be more balanced with Welbeck instead of Sanchez. A balanced team isn't necessarily a good one you know?

Usage rate isn't a playground argument by the way? You're basically calling cause and effect a playground argument. Sort yourself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom