• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck: Dan Out Ere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
I like Welbeck but it wouldn't bother me in the slightest if he was to leave. Can probably say that about a few of the squad players to be fair.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
His pace has gone. All he had was pace and defensive work, now he's just got defensive work going for him, and he's too slow to do that anyway.
One moment in the 2 half showed it well. Flicked the ball past the full back the way Henry used. Welbeck could actually do that quite well before believe it or not but he just doesn`t have the pace anymore.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I wince when he's in the squad. He's a woeful footballer who should thank his lucky stars he was born in Manchester and blagged his way into the academy.

Haven't wanted him since day dot and I've been proven right. I genuinely don't think he'd hit 10 in the Championship. Abysmal player. Can't dribble, shoot, pass, cross or hold the ball up - and his movement is vomit inducing.

He needs to be sold ASAP. His stock is at an all time low. When that chance fell to him in the first half I KNEW he wouldn't score. His scruffy ****ty tap in against Forest came by way of the keeper too :lol:.

He needs to not be our problem anymore. He needs to not be an option.

Giroud12

seeing this guy I take back all the bad things I ever said about Santos, eboue and grimandi. In all seriousness I don't know if there have been a worse relatively regular player under Wenger. Park and perez doesn't even get a shot but this guy gets to play every week? **** off

IslingtonBornandbred

Since he came back from injury he doesnt look the same. His speed and power and workrate worked for us in some scenarios but without that he is not the required standard.

He's not fit IMO.

Welbeck came virtually straight back into the team and the EL side straight after returning to training. Same thing Wenger does with Ramsey, but holds others back like Özil to regain fitness in training.

Either way, since he's been back, he's been even worse than usual and the only excuse is fitness.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Sell while he still has some value. Would home grown quota be an issue?

Zaza

Imagine him hesitating to sign a new deal?? Sell as soon as possible. Let's go back to our technical roots. No more Welbeck and Theo who can't be utilized properly.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Never quite understood this signing, just doesn't make any sense, even for desperation. Who is sanctioning these transfers of ManU cast offs, its ridiculous how we keep being had by them in the transfer market. He was never good enough to start for them so why is he good enough for us ?, he seems like a nice guy, but this isn't a personality contest is it, we need some proper footballers to compete again, the sooner we see the back of him the better.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
should start big games for us. If nothing else, his pressing and defensive contribution can always be counted on.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Too bad he can't play football tho, and he's an useless donkey in front of goal.
But the thing is that his minimum level is that of a good energetic defender.

The rest of our players don't even have that minimum level.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
His pace has gone along with any goals. His injury history is poorer than I realized. He adds less than Walcott. We need to sell him. He's offering nothing a hard working reserve player couldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom