• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norman666

Comparing with walcott, welbeck is an English Squad regular, was an important player in some of arsenal's matches and is quite versatile. I think arsenal could sell him for 25-30m if someone's interested. If welbeck goes for less than 15m thats simply a steal for any club interested.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
Eddie is too young to put huge pressure on him we'll need a backup option or a starting winger
If you are good enough age doesn’t matter. He would be third choice striker. Is that really putting huge pressure on the kid, or is it a perfect/necessary chance to develop?

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Comparing with walcott, welbeck is an English Squad regular, was an important player in some of arsenal's matches and is quite versatile. I think arsenal could sell him for 25-30m if someone's interested. If welbeck goes for less than 15m thats simply a steal for any club interested.
I don't know man. Last year of his contract. Permanent substitute. Not a prolific goalscorer. Major injury history. 15m would be stretching it.

wayne189

He just doesn’t score enough to be worth more than 20m
It’s weird but he has a lot qualities you’d want in a number 9 big, strong, very fast, can hold the play up, run and beat defenders, good in the air BUT then in the box he falls to pieces and that’s where it counts
If I jury free could score 15 a season for Everton

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
He just doesn’t score enough to be worth more than 20m
It’s weird but he has a lot qualities you’d want in a number 9 big, strong, very fast, can hold the play up, run and beat defenders, good in the air BUT then in the box he falls to pieces and that’s where it counts
If I jury free could score 15 a season for Everton

He never outscored Walcott here and he's unlikely to outscore him at Everton. Just sell and promote Nketiah!

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Still think some of these figures are completely crazy, Welbeck is still yet to ever hit double league figures.

It’s a shame it never quite clicked for him, his pace always seemed to scare defenders in Europe.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Still think some of these figures are completely crazy, Welbeck is still yet to ever hit double league figures.

It’s a shame it never quite clicked for him, his pace always seemed to scare defenders in Europe.

Neither did Ox, Walcott also left on the back of a terrible few seasons. Still managed to fetch quite good fee's for both. I always thought Welbeck would go for more than Theo.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

English though. Worth getting them on the cheap because the resale value is mental.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
If we get 20 million Pounds for Welbeck, then that should be good enough. So long as we make a profit, then I'm happy. I don't see him wanting to sign a new contract, and if he does, then it'll be crazy figures for somebody with the limited role he has in our squad, i.e. not worth it.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
If we get 20 million Pounds for Welbeck, then that should be good enough. So long as we make a profit, then I'm happy. I don't see him wanting to sign a new contract, and if he does, then it'll be crazy figures for somebody with the limited role he has in our squad, i.e. not worth it.
I agree. Just want to get rid of him, in with a promising youngster like Nketiah instead. Atleast if he does the mistakes Welbeck does 8/10 games he'll likely improve more than he does.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I don't know man. Last year of his contract. Permanent substitute. Not a prolific goalscorer. Major injury history. 15m would be stretching it.
Yet we got 35m for Ox who was less a goal scorer, less an English regular and injury prone.

The thing Welbeck will always have is he has never started regularly as an out and out CF.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Yet we got 35m for Ox who was less a goal scorer, less an English regular and injury prone.

The thing Welbeck will always have is he has never started regularly as an out and out CF.
Honestly, think he'd fit in perfectly at Burnley.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Ideally I'd want welbeck to stay in a squad role but with the contract situation it would be worth cashing in if a big offer arrives.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I don't see him wanting to sign a new contract
I actually see him wanting to stay here. Never complained about his role in the team and I doubt it would change now. Doesn't look like a money hungry bloke and playing in a team that has european football will certainly take center stage as opposed to Everton.
He's, in a way, a more attacking minded John O'Shea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom