• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobP

Memri Fan
Everton, Bournemouth and Southampton interested

giphy.gif

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
seeing him entering last year of his contract we will be lucky if we end up getting 15M from his sale

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I don't mind Danny (my fav player "personality wise) so wouldn't complain if we extended his contract. Good squaddie.

I love the guy. But he doesn't seem to be in Emery's plans, so the best thing for the club and the player would be to sell him now. He's still young enough to make an impact somewhere else and Arsenal can use the money on other players.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I'm a big fan of Danny. When you accept his limitations then you can appreciate what he brings. That goal against Leicester will live long in the memory and really should have sparked us to the league.

Having said that I'm hugely disappointed in him staying away for pre season. He didn't feature at all at the WC and could have came back early to bed in under the new manager. If I didn't know any better I'd say he has already been told he isn't part of the plans for the coming season.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I'm a big fan of Danny. When you accept his limitations then you can appreciate what he brings. That goal against Leicester will live long in the memory and really should have sparked us to the league.

Having said that I'm hugely disappointed in him staying away for pre season. He didn't feature at all at the WC and could have came back early to bed in under the new manager. If I didn't know any better I'd say he has already been told he isn't part of the plans for the coming season.
Even if he isn't, you'd expect him to atleast train to stay fit for his next club. Even Van Persie trained till the day before he left. Very strange behavior from him.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

I would say that's exactly what's happened, also the fact that we haven't discussed a new deal with his agent would make it clear he has no future here. I hope we cash in while he still has some value.

arsmile

Established Member
totally up for selling him and lucas even if we don't replace

you'd have to think that nelson/nketiah/smith-rowe are capable of doing between them what those 2 have provided in the last couple of years

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Honestly quite surprised by the Welbeck love, extremely limited player and hopefully the type of player we start moving away from in future.

'Passion/puts in a shift' should never trump footballing ability, how many big clubs have players like this in the attacking third of the pitch, personally I dont think the club will miss him at all.

m-due

He is one of my favorite individuals in the club as well. I’m sure he was told that he was a surplus for the new regime. Either that or most of the England players came back to training today. We will see Arsenal media snapping his pics shortly. I’m in indifferent when it comes to his departure.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
The first person I want to see leaving from this team. Less than average player. Just because he scored a couple of odd great goals doesn't make him worth keeping. For the people who are happy with his attitude, when a regular starter like Özil can cut his holiday short to join the training, this guy who should be focusing on getting more game time didn't even show up till now. What kind of attitude are we talking about?

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Nice.

Auba, Laca, Welbeck, Nketiah should be enough for all competitions this season.

Let's see how it will be next season. Maybe Nketiah is ready to take the Welbeck spot and Mavididi will be the talent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom