• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

He might have been a 25m player if he had more than a year left on his contract...

It’s the clubs fault for leaving it to the last year of his contract to sell him for peanuts

Don't hear the same being said for any of the other players with a year left. Only seems to be Arsenal fans in relation to Arsenal players.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
United and Chelsea both recently signed goalkeepers for that very reason so there must be something in the rules, surely?

You can’t have more than 17 non-homegrown and U21s can’t be registered as homegrown. That’s the only rules that place a restriction or stipulation on what you can and can’t have. There’s nothing that says you have to have X amount of homegrown. You submit a squad of up to 25 players so if you have 17 non-homegrown and 5 homegrown you only submit a squad of 22.

Gucci Piggy

United and Chelsea both recently signed goalkeepers for that very reason so there must be something in the rules, surely?

They both loaned out non-HG 3rd choice keepers and replaced them with HG ones so that a pointless player wasn't eating into their non-HG quota. You actually don't need any HG players, your squad could just be 17 non-HG players and the rest u21 players.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
You can’t have more than 17 non-homegrown and U21s can’t be registered as homegrown. That’s the only rules that place a restriction or stipulation on what you can and can’t have. There’s nothing that says you have to have X amount of homegrown. You submit a squad of up to 25 players so if you have 17 non-homegrown and 5 homegrown you only submit a squad of 22.

Ah, I see. Thanks for explaining.

BobP

Memri Fan

Everyone else is staying -- including Welbeck and Elneny, etc.

original

Lock it up. Wele is here to stay.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I've finally started to warm up to him (and I think it's because he fits Emery's system better than Wenger's). But if he financially gets in the way of us getting a world class winger, then goodbye.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Better hope a few of the youth break through as we are hemorrhaging HG at the mo & dont have the finance to buy the quality ones.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
We should resign him on 4 year deal. It's great to have the best 3rd choice striker in the League, and one that is likely okay with having to sit on the bench too.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
And therefore, axiomatically, bad business for Arsenal.
Not necessarily true. What is good for one is not by definition bad for the other.

I personally hope he continues to do well until the winter break and that we then sell him for a small fee. Same for Ramsey. If they can bring in 30m together that would be good business for us.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Not necessarily true. What is good for one is not by definition bad for the other.

I personally hope he continues to do well until the winter break and that we then sell him for a small fee. Same for Ramsey. If they can bring in 30m together that would be good business for us.
The story I've read is that Arsenal are considering letting Welbeck go to Everton on a free in January. That is good for Everton and bad for Arsenal. To save a few months wages we lose a useful squad player when the business end of the season is due to begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom