• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck: Dan Out Ere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Welbeck has moments that you just cannot understand how he is a top flight footballer.

I'm guessing he gets paid upwards of 80k a week too, how has he managed to be a top flight footballer and not be able to strike the ball properly, not even digging him but is that not something coaches and scouts look for at a young age?

How has he been capped for England, played top flight, played champions league, SCORED against REAL MADRID!!!

He's living the dream but cannot strike a ball properly..

I actually like the guy but it really confuses me how he's got so far on high work rate and running in such a cut throat game where mistakes can cost millions, he even actually looks pretty decent at times until he kicks the ball and apart from running I can't even remember what he does and hes a striker?

Guy confuses me so much that I no longer know what my point is!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Everything about his game is inconsistent--even down to having the ability to strike a moving ball that is inches from his feet. Even that part of his game is hit or [literally] miss

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

A great player, it's a shame that in some of the games, not all, his finishing is not good.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I will never stop backing Dat Guy. I have a feeling it's a player that will break some kind of barrier and start being extremely lethal for us. Got so much in his locker right now apart from the finishing.
If not he could still be a useful squad player.

mm76again...

I have a feeling it's a player that will break some kind of barrier and start being extremely lethal for us.

i felt the same up until a month or two ago, but he's just had too many chances and the misses on Sunday were so bad i'd be walking around with a paper bag over my head if i were him

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I will never stop backing Dat Guy. I have a feeling it's a player that will break some kind of barrier and start being extremely lethal for us. Got so much in his locker right now apart from the finishing.
If not he could still be a useful squad player.
What does he have in his locker besides work rate and pace? He's a complete disappointment most weeks he plays. Then he pops up with a well needed goal and all of a sudden everyone is praising him. What barrier is he going to break. He isn't a kid anymore. Should have pressed on long ago.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
A great player
'Great'? No. In fact, he's not even good. Reserve the word 'great' for players that do great things, or have great seasons.

How old is Welbeck? He's never even had ONE 'good' season in his life.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal really need to invest in gene splicing, Campbell + Welbeck is basically the striker we need :lol:

skip spence

Arsenal really need to invest in gene splicing, Campbell + Welbeck is basically the striker we need :lol:
Why? Two mediocre players combined into one. Now I envision a fatter, slower Welbeck with a huge head. The horror! :eek:

Tbh, I actually like Welbeck, useful squaddie.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

'Great'? No. In fact, he's not even good. Reserve the word 'great' for players that do great things, or have great seasons.

It's funny really, we give a lot of minutes to players that would probably otherwise be universally liked if they were correctly used as backups. Problem is we seems to have half a first team of players that should be backups.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

He is great, although his finishing might not be that good, he doesn't lose as many balls as some that are mostly good within the penalty box do

You know, no one is irreplaceable.

Last edited:

Linson

I genuinely think he could be massive. Problem is we have too many players like that Walcott, Gibbs, Bellerin off the top of my head. If they took their game to the next level could be amazing.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He is great, although his finishing might be not that good, he doesn't lose as many balls as some that are mostly good within the penalty box do

You know, no one is irreplaceable.
Stop saying he's great. Even @Trilly wouldn't go that far, and I think he's actually bummed him before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom