• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Darwin Nunez

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I watched Arsenal’s Vision scouting report of this guy and I came back feeling rather underwhelmed. He’s like a cross between Auba and Cavani, but a poor touch like Lukaku. He’s pretty good when facing the goal but don’t expect anything pretty with his back to goal. He’ll frustrate us more than anything imo.

The more I keep thinking about it, the more I think we’ll end up with DCL. He’s probably the best of a bad bunch and the least likely to flop imo. However, his ceiling isn’t high to really carry us to a league title. I almost see DCL as a modern Mandzukic. He was never prolific but he pressed like a madman and was exceptionally combative. I don’t think he scored more than 15 league goals for Bayern but he was a great foil for Ribery and Robben. I think our best bet is to buy DCL and buy the best wide forward money can buy.

I get what you’re saying and don’t mind the idea actually, but Mandzukic was a proper G, a grown man, a nutcase, does DCL have that elite steel in him? Not sure

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Problem with Osimhen is that they bough him for 75 million euros and he has 3 years in contract in the summer.

I think they want 120 million euros for him currently. Of course he might be cheaper but that would be related to his horrible injury record. Last season he played ~1500 league minutes, and this season he has played about the same thus far. I wouldn't risk that. (Edit. actually his injuries are more to shoulders and cheeck bone fracture, so it's not that bad, but he is very expensive.)

Felix should cost a lot too. Lautaro also over 100 million.

Basically that leaves us with DCL and Nunez, who would cost like 70 million as an estimate? The problem is that we need a starting striker, so buying some cheaper option from bad leagues is not very plausible.

Looking at these options I think extending Laca seems more and more likely.

There are loads of other options out there.

Ivan Toney
Schick
Scamacca
Leao
Milik
Hugo Ekitike
Jovic
Gouiri
Isak
Raul de Tomas
Broja
Gabi Jesus

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Ivan Toney
Schick
Scamacca
Leao
Milik
Hugo Ekitike
Jovic
Gouiri
Isak
Raul de Tomas
Broja
Gabi Jesus
Many of those are unobtainable, and many are expensive for their quality etc. But yeah some options.

TornadoTed

Established Member

Ivan Toney
Schick
Scamacca
Leao
Milik
Hugo Ekitike
Jovic
Gouiri
Isak
Raul de Tomas
Broja
Gabi Jesus
From that list I like Schick, Leao, Gouri, Broja and Jesus.

I'm still not sure about any of them or any other strikers as our main man though, there really isn't a 'sure thing' option out there. I will back whoever Edu, Mikel and our scouting department decide on, they have earned a lot of trust with last summers signings.

drippin

From that list I like Schick, Leao, Gouri, Broja and Jesus.

I'm still not sure about any of them or any other strikers as our main man though, there really isn't a 'sure thing' option out there. I will back whoever Edu, Mikel and our scouting department decide on, they have earned a lot of trust with last summers signings.
Schick, Gouiri and Broja are pipe dreams at this point. Wish list stuff.

HerewegoSakaand

Schick, Gouiri and Broja are pipe dreams at this point. Wish list stuff.

Wish list? None of them are even close to being world class strikers or even elite level strikers. We have at least 70M to spend on a striker (given the bid for Vlahovic) my list with CL football would be Nunez, Lautaro Martinez, Osimhen, Felix or Dybala. Without I'd try for Calvert Lewin or Leao.

drippin

Wish list? None of them are even close to being world class strikers or even elite level strikers. We have at least 70M to spend on a striker (given the bid for Vlahovic) my list with CL football would be Nunez, Lautaro Martinez, Osimhen, Felix or Dybala. Without I'd try for Calvert Lewin or Leao.
Schick has been said by Leverkusen to stay, and has 3 years in contract. That would take a huge huge offer to get him.

Gouiri has interest from PSG for example, so we have no chance likely. That's why there are zero rumours about him to Arsenal.

Broja has 4 years in contract and is a Chelsea player. No chance at all.

Martinez seems to want Atletico or something similar. Osimhen costs 120 million minimum with 3 years in contract. Dybala doesn't choose us very likely with top teams interested in a free player.

Understand?

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

Ivan Toney
Schick
Scamacca
Leao
Milik
Hugo Ekitike
Jovic
Gouiri
Isak
Raul de Tomas
Broja
Gabi Jesus

The thing is Nunez is one of the few proven goal scorers. Is only 22, so plenty of room for development. Is CL proven. Is already one of the fastest players in the world. IS a powerhouse physically. Constantly dribbles past defenses with ball carrying ability. Creates chances for others. All of those traits match up well with the PL where you need pace and power to compete. I don't think any of the other players mentioned have his suitability for the PL or ability or potential.

Some of these names we really should not be looking at. Toney has 6 non penalty goals in the league and he's 26. I don't see him playing for a top 6 club.

Jovic form has been in terrible form for 3 seasons and he's only performed reasonably in the BL playing with a striking partner. Very likely he was available in January and we didn't want him because of this

Isak is a top talent but probably costs 70m with his 3 none penalty goals in the league this season are concerning

Milik is 28 and is okay but not going to push us on. Raul looks decent enough I suppose

Broja, Scamacca, Leao, Gouri, Etikike all look top prospects but none of them have the physical attributes of Nunez. Schick looks elite in the BL, but that league is questionable. Jesus would be a decent pick up.

HerewegoSakaand

Schick has been said by Leverkusen to stay, and has 3 years in contract. That would take a huge huge offer to get him.

Gouiri has interest from PSG for example, so we have no chance likely. That's why there are zero rumours about him to Arsenal.

Broja has 4 years in contract and is a Chelsea player. No chance at all.

Martinez seems to want Atletico or something similar. Osimhen costs 120 million minimum with 3 years in contract. Dybala doesn't choose us very likely with top teams interested in a free player.

Understand?

Heavily focussed on the contract lengths, means next to nothing especially if we are in the champions league. Also no need to patronise at the end, could've just said your piece. Appreciate the info.

drippin

Heavily focussed on the contract lengths, means next to nothing especially if we are in the champions league. Also no need to patronise at the end, could've just said your piece. Appreciate the info.
Contract lengths affect a lot regarding price and availability of the player.

Some clubs will keep a player with 3 years in contract no matter what offer they get, unless it's something totally ridiculous.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Ivan Toney
Schick
Scamacca
Leao
Milik
Hugo Ekitike
Jovic
Gouiri
Isak
Raul de Tomas
Broja
Gabi Jesus
Toney, RDT, Jovic and Milik wouldn't improve us in the short-term or the long-term. Broja and G. Jesus play for rivals. Ekitike is too raw and unproven for the time being. Schick, Scamacca, Leão, Gouiri and Isak are only real options in that list, and Leão isn't really a CF.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Contract lengths affect a lot regarding price and availability of the player.

Some clubs will keep a player with 3 years in contract no matter what offer they get, unless it's something totally ridiculous.

Not many teams out of the elite would turn down say 60-70m offers for their player I don't think regardless what the contract length is. We have the type of money to make these deals

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
The thing is Nunez is one of the few proven goal scorers. Is only 22, so plenty of room for development. Is CL proven. Is already one of the fastest players in the world. IS a powerhouse physically. Constantly dribbles past defenses with ball carrying ability. Creates chances for others. All of those traits match up well with the PL where you need pace and power to compete. I don't think any of the other players mentioned have his suitability for the PL or ability or potential.

Some of these names we really should not be looking at. Toney has 6 non penalty goals in the league and he's 26. I don't see him playing for a top 6 club.

Jovic form has been in terrible form for 3 seasons and he's only performed reasonably in the BL playing with a striking partner. Very likely he was available in January and we didn't want him because of this

Isak is a top talent but probably costs 70m with his 3 none penalty goals in the league this season are concerning

Milik is 28 and is okay but not going to push us on. Raul looks decent enough I suppose

Broja, Scamacca, Leao, Gouri, Etikike all look top prospects but none of them have the physical attributes of Nunez. Schick looks elite in the BL, but that league is questionable. Jesus would be a decent pick up.

Nunez scoring in Portugal is like me getting Tinder matches in Russia, it don’t mean I’m special.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
The thing is Nunez is one of the few proven goal scorers. Is only 22, so plenty of room for development. Is CL proven. Is already one of the fastest players in the world. IS a powerhouse physically. Constantly dribbles past defenses with ball carrying ability. Creates chances for others.
Exactly this. I can't really see why we'd be turning our noses up at a 22 year old player who has 24 goal contributions from league 19 starts. Even in Portugal that's bordering on elite form.

No guarantees with any player but surely Nunez is as good a bet as any. Schick has decent numbers as well to be fair and some of the other options (Osimhen, Felix, Gouiri etc) all look interesting as well if attainable.

Let's play Aubamawang

I don't hate the Scammaca rumour. Having a 6'5" striker to put some of the million crosses away would be quite nice. However, I imagine Nunez would be just as good at that.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I get what you’re saying and don’t mind the idea actually, but Mandzukic was a proper G, a grown man, a nutcase, does DCL have that elite steel in him? Not sure
No one does unfortunately. Maybe Toney? He bullied Chelsea’s defenders today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom