• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Beckham

Status
Not open for further replies.

seb_afc

Established Member
Becks to Arsenal?

in the papers today it said that in the january window arsenal are going to offer 10m plus freddie for becks? i personally think it wouldn't be too bad a buisness providing wenger can refind becks' form. i mean when was the last time we scored from a corner? we cud use a good crosser of the ball which give us another option.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Beckham's one of the finest midfielders around but considering his age there is no way we should have to pay £10m + Ljungberg for him. This story was in today's Star, so there probably isn't much to it.
I feel the midfielder that Wenger should go after is Javier Mascherano from River Plate. He's a monster of a player. He would give our defence a lot of protection.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
David Beckham could join Arsenal in a £10m deal which would also involve Freddie Ljungberg joining Real Madrid (Daily Star).

MightyArsenal

Bollocks to that, freddie is currently one of the best players we have this season, no way wenger would agree with that, plus wenger doesnt buy 30 year olds.

lee1001

Established Member
Beckham is completely the opposite type of player that Wenger likes.
I don't want him and his baggage at this club.

No, never, not a chance!

siddharth

I'd rather wenger use that 10m for signing a top quality CB which we need badly. Beckham is a good player on the right wing but not in the centre midfield. That said i don't see how beckham would fit into our team.

Well if madrid are ready to swap Beckham for Edu then we can consider. ;)

baccy_man

Established Member
Beckham gave his best years to united and he has passed his best now . i would not like to see him at Arsenal .

i think that part of Beckhams problems are that he needs a stronger coach to get him fit again then his game might improve a bit . but it is harder to get your form back than it is to lose it.

seb_afc

Established Member
but the thing is, is that if we get becks, we will get our money back cus of the fans he attracts. look at the profit madrid have made on him

Gooner83

The other way round seems more realistic

Beckham plus £10M for Ljungberg considering hes;

a better winger
a better dribbler (you probably already knew that)
a faster runner
a better tackler
and hes fearless

now beat that if you can.

Ridge

no way, freddie always gives out his best in every game. we love him and he aint going anywhere.

Chips&CurrySauce

I wouldn't be too upset if Freddie left, but no way for Beckham. For 10 million we can get SWP without having to include Freddie in the deal...

A

Anonymous

i'm warming up to the idea

maybe we should start looking at vieria going instead

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
crazydude. You have been so negative since you joined you are making me start to wonder whether or not you really are a Gooner or just a **** supporter trying to mess with some of our more easily influenced fans.

A

Anonymous

Kyla said:
Maybe we might get some decent delivery from corners and setpieces though?
''For whom to take advantage from exactly?
Madrid have wanted Fred for the past year, and I'll be damned if this where
to happen.

There's so many reasons that this wouldn't be unlikely to occur anyway.
ouldn't even be bothered to mention even one of those reasons either.

In a nutshell, it's just one of the many tabloid's **** stirrings.'' - Kristian/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom