• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz: 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,396
  • Views 118,476
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASIF

He was good until that penalty it was a little hash hardly pulled his shirt and he let go in a matter of seconds I have seen worst not given.
But Salah just ended his game with that drop and run.David Luiz has his mistake but he is no Mustafi.

Ashybashy86

He was good until that penalty it was a little hash hardly pulled his shirt and he let go in a matter of seconds I have seen worst not given.
But Salah just ended his game with that drop and run.David Luiz has his mistake but he is no Mustafi.
His mistake that cost him a yellow and the team a goal, meant he couldn’t take out Salah for the second goal.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
It was a very David Luizesque game. A couple of costly moments and a free kick into the stands.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
We were under constant pressure. He’s certainly got flaws that will be exploited if we are under pressure for 80 minutes of the game. He also looked to be instructed not to go for the long ball, I saw a few moments it was on and he opted against. One with Ceballos late in the first half.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
What a great performance until the pull.. then he was average. Though night but this is what you get with him. Brilliant or silly

ASIF

Hardly pulled his shirt ? It was obvious from 15, 000 miles away .
I never said he didnt hold his shirt but it was hardly a pull.Salah said he didnt feel it soo he didnt go down.It was softest of penalty that killed the game for us.

Symbia

Clearly pulled Salah's shirt which was rather rash for player of his experience. Somthing one would expect of a young start.

He also rushed Salah for his second goal, could have closely followed him till other player swamp him as usual.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
I never said he didnt hold his shirt but it was hardly a pull.Salah said he didnt feel it soo he didnt go down.It was softest of penalty that killed the game for us.

0:46 - 0:55.

You can't call that "hardly a pull".

You can't defend that.

ASIF

0:46 - 0:55.

You can't call that "hardly a pull".

You can't defend that.
I'm not defending David luiz that was a stupid thing to do.Salah still had a awful lot to do if he had to score from that position.But it was a soft soft penalty which no one would have bothered If the referee didnt give it.Even Salah said to Luiz that he didnt feel it.I have seen worst not given against us.I remember someone tear Girouds shirt but still no penalty was given.but what's done is done.North London Derby is a must win now.

baccy_man

Established Member
It's time that the players realised that the refs are going to pull you up on any fouls now and with var in operation it just means that you are going to get caught so the players have got to get out of the habit of grabbing shirts and taking players out,
The rules of the game have changed and you can't make the tackles that you used to be able to do years ago.

say yes

forum master baiter
I agree with those who say it wasn’t much of a tug. You can usually get away with that.

Problem is that it was right in front of the ref and Salah accelerates so quickly that a slight tug became blindingly obvious.

Unlucky to a degree but also a clear pen; no complaints here.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He would have get away with it without VAR but with the referee so close and VAR this was stupid thing to do.

Malky

Established Member
**** happens, at least he owns his mistakes. We move on.
And there's the biggest difference and why he's not a Mustafi, he actually acknowledges his mistakes instead of trying to blame everyone else around him. It was stupid, but we've seen defenders do that to our strikers and it's never given as a pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom