David Luiz: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by American_Gooner, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

With Chambers playing well it seems like a real missed opportunity if we don't try this. Better passer than Xhaka IMO..

Jae likes this.
  2. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

I think one of them should be playing there. Don't think it will happen this season though, maybe next year once we get Saliba in and if Xhaka gets moved on.

3. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

I've never rated Luiz as a CB and he's not convincing me at Arsenal either, but I do rate his skill on the ball. Think he'd do much better as a DM (especially compared to Xhaka), but I'd still opt for Torreira at 6. Luiz could be a good cover there though.

Jae likes this.
  4. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

I've always thought that DM was David Luiz's homeland, that he would eventually end up there (he was great for Chelsea in a short stint there).

I think Emery is too rigid to try it out though

Jae likes this.
  5. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Also did. Pretty sure it was talked about in here at some point as well (before we signed)

Red London likes this.
  6. RandomHero84

RandomHero84 Well-Known Member

Agree completely about DM. He has composure and technique with excellent tackling ability when he's pro active. Having him in front of the defence would mean that one of his brain farts wouldn't necessarily cost us too close to our goal.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  7. He was among Chelsea’s best players during the period Benitez played him in midfield.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  8. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

Shocking performance today, he needs to be dropped.

Was the worst Arsenal player on the pitch by a long distance

9. MaraDon

MaraDon Wants you to learn about football

Play holding

10. Riou

Riou Well-Known Member

None of our defenders give me confidence at this stage, we just make everyone crap...just give me Kos-Per back, nevermind Sol-Kolo :(

11. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Wtf was he doing on Ayew's goal.. Complete ****

Pepes blue pill likes this.
  12. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, but rarely

Lampard gave him to Arsenal so he could play a teenager.

Tir Na Nog and Pepes blue pill like this.
  13. Riou

Riou Well-Known Member

Still think he is a good player, just came into a bad system.

14. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Typical when i said he had perfect game he just gone and make mistake by losing ayew and let him have free header. Ffs

15. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, but rarely

Nah he’s a clown. One good game one bad game merchant.

Red London likes this.
  16. Riou

Riou Well-Known Member

Chelsea are conceding loads aswell, don't think he'd do much worse their...him and Papa aren't great, but are being made to look worse by the way we play atm.

17. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, but rarely

Chelsea are conceding because they are taking the hit of developing young CBs.

18. Riou

Riou Well-Known Member

Zouma has been playing for ages, Toure was one of the best CB in the league at his age for us...was a good deal for both parties, they sell an ageing defender for a decentish fee and we get an expired head for a season or two until Saliba steps up.

19. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, but rarely

Great deal for Chelsea, 10M for sideshow bob.

albakos likes this.
  20. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

None of this should come as a surprise. When Mourinho came back to Chelsea he got rid of him, Conte brought him back to play in a back three which hid his flaws but even then dropped him in the 17/18 season. PSG happily let him go back to Chelsea. Benitez never trusted him as a CB, even played him midfield instead. Chelsea signed Cahill in January 2012 because they simply couldn't rely on Luiz. Even when Brazil were playing well in the 2014 world cup he was the clear weak link, that's without mentioning the 7-1.

You get what you get with Luiz, errors, brainless decision making but because he was experienced and a bit of a character we ignored all that thinking we got a massive coup. Shortcut FC.

Mark Tobias likes this.