• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz: 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,396
  • Views 118,498
Status
Not open for further replies.

m-due

Decent game today and positioned himself in the right places going forward. He is still a big brother to Martinelli.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Arsenal defender David Luiz, speaking to Sky Sports: "I think the first half we were the best team on the pitch, the second half they were better, but we tried to do everything.

"We have to learn quickly, we are not in the best position in the table. It has not been a good year for us but it is still possible to improve and learn.

"Mikel Arteta is trying to impose his philosophy on us as soon as possible, we have players with talent, we have players who will be top players in the future and they're trying to learn quickly.

"But it is up to us get some points now because we need them."

More from David Luiz on new Arsenal head coach Mikel Arteta: "For me he will be one of the best coaches in the world.

"I am lucky to have have had many good coaches in my career, he is intelligent, he is clever and I think he will be one of the best.

"But it is part of our job to help him do that. People have doubts but I trust in his philosophy and the way he sees football.

"He knows football. When you know football it is much easier to explain and understand the head of the players on the pitch. It is not easy for him in the middle of the season, he didn't choose the players, but he will do his best. This amazing club deserves better.

"That's why we could see Arsenal dominate in the first half with amazing football and quality. We should score a second goal and then it would be a different game. But congratulations to Chelsea. Frank has come in and they're doing what he wants them to do."

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Arsenal defender David Luiz, speaking to Sky Sports: "I think the first half we were the best team on the pitch, the second half they were better, but we tried to do everything.

"We have to learn quickly, we are not in the best position in the table. It has not been a good year for us but it is still possible to improve and learn.

"Mikel Arteta is trying to impose his philosophy on us as soon as possible, we have players with talent, we have players who will be top players in the future and they're trying to learn quickly.

"But it is up to us get some points now because we need them."

More from David Luiz on new Arsenal head coach Mikel Arteta: "For me he will be one of the best coaches in the world.

"I am lucky to have have had many good coaches in my career, he is intelligent, he is clever and I think he will be one of the best.

"But it is part of our job to help him do that. People have doubts but I trust in his philosophy and the way he sees football.

"He knows football. When you know football it is much easier to explain and understand the head of the players on the pitch. It is not easy for him in the middle of the season, he didn't choose the players, but he will do his best. This amazing club deserves better.

"That's why we could see Arsenal dominate in the first half with amazing football and quality. We should score a second goal and then it would be a different game. But congratulations to Chelsea. Frank has come in and they're doing what he wants them to do."
Massive respect to him, captain worthy stuff.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Luiz was very good today. He was a lot more aggressive than earlier in the season. Could be because he was playing against his former club but he was playing on the front foot, going in for headers and staying close to the strikers.

Was really frustrated earlier with his backing off strikers and unwillingness to challenge properly for headers. He is obviously our best central defender if he keeps performing like this.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

It makes you really wonder whether someone like a Van Dijk would really have made a difference.

Look how much better and accomplished Luiz and even Sok look in an actual system, I was wondering how Luiz could've been fairly solid for Chelsea and then fall to pieces for us, but it's coming clear that Emery couldn't orchestrate a fking p*ss up in a brewery (to paraphrase Alan Sugar).

Great stuff.

say yes

forum master baiter
Outstanding again today.

Can’t help but love this guy. He’s got more than a few errors in him, but when he’s good he’s really ****ing good.

Ewarwoowar

Was quite critical of him when we first got him, but if he keeps up the ascendancy, the most vocal on the pitch, the most demonstrative, he could easily be front runner for captains arm band, certainly for the short term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom