David Luiz: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by American_Gooner, Aug 8, 2019.

1. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

I don't know, Andre Santos was beyond awful. Add in the shirt swapping at half time with RvP, I think Santos take some beating as worst Brazilian...

Gooner416 and Riou like this.
  2. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

Andre Santos by far and it's not even close.

3. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Fantastic pass to set Laca through one on one.

say yes, Gooner416, krengon and 2 others like this.
  4. m-due

m-due Well-Known Member

Decent game today and positioned himself in the right places going forward. He is still a big brother to Martinelli.

5. Sydney-Gooner

Sydney-Gooner Well-Known Member

Was immense today and probably the man of the match had we kept the clean sheet.

say yes and American_Gooner like this.
  6. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

Arsenal defender David Luiz, speaking to Sky Sports: "I think the first half we were the best team on the pitch, the second half they were better, but we tried to do everything.

"We have to learn quickly, we are not in the best position in the table. It has not been a good year for us but it is still possible to improve and learn.

"Mikel Arteta is trying to impose his philosophy on us as soon as possible, we have players with talent, we have players who will be top players in the future and they're trying to learn quickly.

"But it is up to us get some points now because we need them."

More from David Luiz on new Arsenal head coach Mikel Arteta: "For me he will be one of the best coaches in the world.

"I am lucky to have have had many good coaches in my career, he is intelligent, he is clever and I think he will be one of the best.

"But it is part of our job to help him do that. People have doubts but I trust in his philosophy and the way he sees football.

"He knows football. When you know football it is much easier to explain and understand the head of the players on the pitch. It is not easy for him in the middle of the season, he didn't choose the players, but he will do his best. This amazing club deserves better.

"That's why we could see Arsenal dominate in the first half with amazing football and quality. We should score a second goal and then it would be a different game. But congratulations to Chelsea. Frank has come in and they're doing what he wants them to do."

7. El Granit-Coq

El Granit-Coq Well-Known Member

Massive respect to him, captain worthy stuff.

8. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Nice words from luiz. He was great today

say yes and GoonerJeeves like this.
  9. TromsoGooner

TromsoGooner Well-Known Member

Luiz was very good today. He was a lot more aggressive than earlier in the season. Could be because he was playing against his former club but he was playing on the front foot, going in for headers and staying close to the strikers.

Was really frustrated earlier with his backing off strikers and unwillingness to challenge properly for headers. He is obviously our best central defender if he keeps performing like this.

say yes, Gooner416 and UpTheGunnerz like this.
  10. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz No Longer Phallus Obsessed

A giant tonight. What a game.

Gooner416, say yes and Artisan like this.
  11. juice man

juice man Well-Known Member

Best performance in an Arsenal shirt. MOTM.

12. dka91

dka91 Well-Known Member

It makes you really wonder whether someone like a Van Dijk would really have made a difference.

Look how much better and accomplished Luiz and even Sok look in an actual system, I was wondering how Luiz could've been fairly solid for Chelsea and then fall to pieces for us, but it's coming clear that Emery couldn't orchestrate a fking p*ss up in a brewery (to paraphrase Alan Sugar).

Great stuff.

13. Artisan

Artisan Not Emery's Old Pal

He's been good generally since Arteta came in. Amazing what a team with proper structure can do to help the defenders.

Ewarwoowar and dka91 like this.
  14. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful House Music

Outstanding again today.

Can’t help but love this guy. He’s got more than a few errors in him, but when he’s good he’s really ****ing good.

Artisan likes this.
  15. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Was very good.. His leadership qualities is needed in this team too, great character

DasBootist likes this.
  16. Ewarwoowar

Ewarwoowar Well-Known Member

Was quite critical of him when we first got him, but if he keeps up the ascendancy, the most vocal on the pitch, the most demonstrative, he could easily be front runner for captains arm band, certainly for the short term.

say yes likes this.
  17. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Looking great he'll still make some mistakes but playing like this he simply amazing

say yes likes this.
  18. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

Some interview on BT there. wow.

Gooner416, krengon and tap-in like this.
  19. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

Not only a great performance but also a Captains performance without actually being Captain!

krengon and dka91 like this.
  20. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Might be worth paying up & getting the French kid back now. Lets see if a partnership there.

Artisan likes this.