• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz: 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,396
  • Views 118,380
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Little wonder Emery was sacked and Wenger was also sacked too. They both placed too much trust in Xhaka

Emery was sacked during the time Xhaka was out of the team, which was our worst period of the season. But of course an Emery lover like yourself does everything to protect your master by making stuff up.

Manberg

Predator
I think Luiz is our best centreback. People have let that awful performance against Man City cloud their judgement. Luiz has generally been solid this season.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I dunno man.

He can be good at times but him giving away a goal or penalty in a tense match is kinda guaranteed.

I wouldn’t start him against Sp**s for example, but Norwich, yeah why not. I said from summer it was an odd signing to begin with considering the guys we’ve skipped (Cahill, Evans).

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I think Luiz is our best centreback. People have let that awful performance against Man City cloud their judgement. Luiz has generally been solid this season.

If that’s our best CB then we’re in deep trouble.

He’s given away 4 penalties (Liverpool, Watford, Chelsea and City) and received 2 early red cards which ultimately cost us those games. If it was a youngster, I would’ve had some more patience but he’s meant to be an experienced member of our squad ffs.

Good distribution and fancy passing for a defender is great but it’s pointless if the defender doesn’t know the basics and constantly has brainfart moments.

Manberg

Predator
If that’s our best CB then we’re in deep trouble.

He’s given away 4 penalties (Liverpool, Watford, Chelsea and City) and received 2 early red cards which ultimately cost us those games. If it was a youngster, I would’ve had some more patience but he’s meant to be an experienced member of our squad ffs.

Good distribution and fancy passing for a defender is great but it’s pointless if the defender doesn’t know the basics and constantly has brainfart moments.

The Chelsea moments was down to covering for Mustafi. I forgot what happened against Liverpool and Watford I've a short memory. I recall Luiz being solid defensively in the majority of the games throughout the season, making clearances, interceptions, putting in tackles... doing what a CB should be doing etc.
I'm sure you can find videos of Luiz's positive moments this season on youtube and there are plenty. Far more positive moments than negative ones.
Also, he was man of the match when we beat Man Utd.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Far more positive moments than negative ones.
Also, he was man of the match when we beat Man Utd.
Lol his actions have literally deleted points off the board. I remember close to a handful of times where he’s lost points all by himself.
I like him but nah let’s call a spade a spade, he’s a good bloke who thankfully gets what playing for the club is about, but unfortunately he’s kinda sh*t.
We’re just a victim of circumstance on this one and we have to take what we can get hence why he’s here and got an extension.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He seems a nice guy and is a good mentor to the youngsters. We're stuck with him for a year and I can only hope it's one that memorable for the right reasons.

say yes

forum master baiter
I half agree with this.

He’s probably our best CB, and in the right setup he’s capable of being brilliant, but he has still made far too many errors this season.

My worry with Luiz is that he seems to really struggle playing with a high line, which is what Arteta wants to play here. His best football has all come playing in a deep block, where he can defend aggressively without being caught out by pace in-behind.

With that in mind I’m somewhat surprised we’ve renewed him. Suppose we’ve just got to hope the undoubted benefits he brings to the squad (character, leadership, and that incredible passing ability from the back) outweigh the errors next season more than they have done this time around.

Manberg

Predator
Lol his actions have literally deleted points off the board. I remember close to a handful of times where he’s lost points all by himself.
I like him but nah let’s call a spade a spade, he’s a good bloke who thankfully gets what playing for the club is about, but unfortunately he’s kinda sh*t.
We’re just a victim of circumstance on this one and we have to take what we can get hence why he’s here and got an extension.

That's the issue we fans have. We sometimes remember the negative but forget the positive. What about the points he possibly won through vital blocks, tackles and interceptions that go unnoticed?

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Like I’ve always said with Luiz, every now and then he pulls out a peak Lucio type display out of nowhere. He did it for us against Yanited earlier in the season when we spanked them 2-0. He did it against us for Chelski in the EL final.

David, give us more Lucio.

Trofton

You’d think our Central Defence consisting of CL winner PL Winner & A World Cup winner would be class though wouldn’t you

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Was the most progressive player on the field - passed extremely well from the back. Still needs a bit of protection because when isolated he makes really stupid decisions, but in the unit today he was solid. Part of an excellent collective performance. If he can build on that, then good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom