• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz: 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,396
  • Views 118,387
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingofthebongo

Welcome Luiz!

I sincerely hope we have not given him assurances and are obliged to play him in a back 4.
I like him in a back 3. He can be an extremely useful asset for spraying long balls and line splitting passes from deep - making Xhaka rather redundant. But in a back 4 he is just as, if not more error prone than Mustafi (I really mean it) except with elite long passing and shooting skills.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
David Luiz was the central piece of the 3rd best defense in the league last year.

Although he isn't a top class CB and never been, he isn't rubbish either even though he has some mistakes in him.

It's a great deal for this price, great back up plan. I really can't see who else is better & we could have gotten for a similar fee.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I can understand why we wanted him, but I don't understand why he wanted to join us. What money is he on? If it's to expensive it will be an issue in 1-2 years when he could be on the bench on big boys contract.

Anyways, great short term fix until Saliba comes in and Chelsea will be in free this season which is also good.
If we get CL and Luiz plays big part in, this is totally worth it.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I can understand why we wanted him, but I don't understand why he wanted to join us. What money is he on? If it's to expensive it will be an issue in 1-2 years when he could be on the bench on big boys contract.

Anyways, great short term fix until Saliba comes in and Chelsea will be in free this season which is also good.
Maybe he just wanted to play and thinks he will get more games here especially after just falling out with Lampard. We were very fortunate with that part and Raul or whoever else has to be commended for the quick thinking.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser

He wants to be on the same team as Guen.

One Song

Been a secret admirer of his for years.

I think he's a better defender than he gets credit for despite the odd lapse of concentration.

I think the biggest impact he'll have though is that we are going to be much better playing out from the back, especially with the new rule that the ball doesn't need to leave the box from goal kicks. Luiz is a baller. How many times last season did Leno/Cech play it short and our defenders look like they'd been thrown a grenade rather than a football.

Very shrewd signing.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Well in the last 5-10 years my Mount Rushmore of hatred would be
Rooney,Costa,Fellaini and Luiz. That being said, this signing is like drinking beer for the first time at 13. I hated it and it made me gag, but I knew to catch a high I had to keep drinking. So I eventually I got used to it. Hopefully this is the same.

A mount Rushmore of hatred is interesting thing :lol:

Not even sure who I would have on there. Luiz wouldn't have been one of the four even before talk of us signing him.

ClubLevel

Always loved Luiz. Used to watch him back in the day for Benfica and you knew then he was a talented kid who could also play full back and in defensive midfield (which he sometimes did). Wish we signed him when Chelsea did the first time. Now he has experience on his side this is a great signing imo. He might be rash and make bad decisions at times but when he's on his A Game he is brilliant and gives everything to the cause.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
He's a very good passer, so hopefully he'll help solve this issue for us we've been having with moving the ball from the back, will be lovely having two centerbacks who can move the ball around when Holding returns.

Underhill

When was the last time an Arsenal or Chelsea player forced a move to the other team? Cech, Fabregas, Giroud obviously does not qualify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom