• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz: 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,396
  • Views 121,138
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What a great response from my favourite Arsenal fan who drools over rival teams non-stop and downplays Arsenal's own players!

This was a great video someone else posted here, but good watch for everyone.

Next year we hopefully have Gabriel along with Saliba to learn from/along Luiz. Good extension with a wage cut, hopefully we won't see those calamities next season. The back three might still be a must so that helps.

Don't pay him mind. He's always negative. We might find away to sign prime Messi and he'll Still find a reason to moan.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Don't pay him mind. He's always negative. We might find away to sign prime Messi and he'll Still find a reason to moan.
Remember you wrote out a post after the City game apologising for backing Luiz and telling me I was right all along? I ignored that post too, let it go, but now I’m negative?

How can I be negative now when you agreed with me on Luiz?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Remember you wrote out a post after the City game apologising for backing Luiz and telling me I was right all along? I ignored that post too, let it go, but now I’m negative?

Because like I said, you still cannot give Luiz praise for being one of the most important players to get Arsenal it's 14th FA Cup win beating City & Chelsea with top level performances from him. Those performances are not up for debate unless you are blind.

The guy you talk to seems like he can say he was wrong, but can you go toward that direction?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Because like I said, you still cannot give Luiz praise for being one of the most important players to get Arsenal it's 14th FA Cup win beating City & Chelsea with top level performances from him. Those performances are not up for debate unless you are blind.

The guy you talk to seems like he can say he was wrong, but can you go toward that direction?
I gave him praise, what are you talking about? In match threads and so on, I gave due praise.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Yes, I admit I overreacted because of the manner in which he shat the bed in that game. But I always give him credit where it's due. But you keep shïtting on him even when he put in one of the best individual performance of the season in the city game

Last edited:

drippin

I gave him praise, what are you talking about? In match threads and so on, I gave due praise.

I’m vary of offering any praise tbh, yes he’s decent and we’re winning games but that’s because we’ve gone to a 3 at the back to cover the deficiencies of Luiz.

Okay good for you, I haven't seen those as I have taken a break from here.

This was your last reply and it gives no praise. Being "decent" after City & Chelsea FA Cup matches? C'mon.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yes, I admit I overreacted because of the manner in **** he shat the bed in that game. But I always give him credit where it's due. But you keep shïtting on him even when he put in one of the best individual performance of the season in the city game

I gave him credit for the FA Cup victories. Just funny you’re making me out to be negative when you and the rest of the forum wanted him gone just a month ago.

drippin

I gave him credit for the FA Cup victories. Just funny you’re making me out to be negative when you and the rest of the forum wanted him gone just a month ago.

I wasn't here a month ago. After the City league spectacle anyone would panic and say anything.

But personally I think the one more year was great with a wage-cut. We need him next year as Saliba & hopefully someone like Gabriel cannot be relied on that much yet as newcomers.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Have to side with @GDeep™ here. I think a lot of us, including myself, often suffer from recency bias. He has been great recently, therefore we look through rose-tinted glasses at the rest of the season.

If he's in a deep block defending with 8 players against top sides he generally does well, but the amount of time and space he has given attackers throughout the season is insane. It translates to our high shots faced this season. Giving Villa/Bournemouth/Brighton level strikers ages to turn to the goal and find a shot/pass. Have complained about it all season.

It is also absolutely mental how many individual mistakes he has made. Conceding 4 penalties (half our total, 3rd most penalties conceded as a club this season) is tying a PL record. I'm sorry but that's indefensible.

I think great character, good footballer, poor defender sums him up quite well.

drippin

Have to side with @GDeep™ here. I think a lot of us, including myself, often suffer from recency bias. He has been great recently, therefore we look through rose-tinted glasses at the rest of the season.

If he's in a deep block defending with 8 players against top sides he generally does well, but the amount of time and space he has given attackers throughout the season is insane. It translates to our high shots faced this season. Giving Villa/Bournemouth/Brighton level strikers ages to turn to the goal and find a shot/pass. Have complained about it all season.

It is also absolutely mental how many individual mistakes he has made. Conceding 4 penalties (half our total, 3rd most penalties conceded as a club this season) is tying a PL record. I'm sorry but that's indefensible.

I think great character, good footballer, poor defender sums him up quite well.

Good points and I mostly agree. I'd say great (or more) character (nowadays, didn't like a few years ago, but seems a humble learning type), great footballer (with trophies to prove it) and okay defender.

Still a good signing in Arsenal's position last transfer window, and was essential in FA cup trophy (and the 8th position).

Like I said, we still need him next year in many ways no matter if we know he has some mistakes in him very likely.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mustafi and Luiz in the team would ensure that we get no more than 6/7 in the league again.

At least Luiz is a great passer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom