<

David Luiz: 2020/21 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Marjorie, Aug 18, 2020.

1. TakeChillPill

TakeChillPill Well-Known Member

Unless we play in three no point having this guy in the team absolute liability.

GDeep™ likes this.
  2. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

The long interview with Tierney that's in the KT thread made me have a lot more respect for Luiz. Tierney absolutely adamant that Luiz is a massive figure in the room and takes time to ensure all the young players are comfortable.

KT says Luiz told him he would take all the heat and pressure from fans and media if and when things go badly so KT an the other young players can focus on just playing. "I'm the big name, let them yell me and you just focus on playing."

Trilly, Taxi Driver, lufere7 and 9 others like this.
  3. TakeChillPill

So this is why he keeps cocking up, wants to take the pressure off the kids...it all makes sense now. What a saint!

4. say yes

say yes Thread Title Abuser

He’s the type of character and leader this club has been crying out for over the past decade.

5. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member Trusted

I noticed most of the bad results this season he was the guy doing the interview afterwards.

Granted some of the losses were entirely his fault, but accountability has indeed been missing for ages.

6. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

7. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Yet he’s been poor nearly every game, until June/July the whole of this forum was abusing him and we’ve had the worst league season in 30 years.

I appreciate his off the pitch attributes but you have to deliver where it matters.

I don’t see this praise for Xhaka btw, was is also regarded as a big character amongst the squad.

8. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

The whole point of a leader is he performs on the pitch. It’s easy to find guys to can’t don’t nothing on the pitch but show great leadership off the pitch, just sign John Terry now, he’s retired but I’m sure he’s still a great leader. Bring Tony Adams back, cant play but have him in the dressing room every day doing his Mr Arsenal routine.

9. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

The main reason I like him is the fact that he never hides he has a bad performance. He's not afraid to come out and face the fans and media.

He has a lot trophy winning experience and he's a nice character to have around the dressing room. He's actually one of our best footballer.

He's integral to the way Arteta wants to play. He's the ball playing CB in the league without a doubt. Even Laporte gas nothing on him.

Yeah, he has the occasional brainfarts, But so does our other CBs. But Luiz make up for his brainfarts by contributing much to our offensive play. He's the best CB in the world at breaking the line. Surely that count for something?

10. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Vinai Venkatesham Stan Trusted

He has though, we all know what we get with Luiz he has a Mustafi in him. But in the biggest games of the season he's been one of the best players.

FA Cup Semi & Final.

Oxeki, say yes and Macho like this.
  11. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member Trusted

I knew he was frass when we signed so can’t say I was surprised or upset when he did cost us games. Whether he plays or not, we are sh*t anyways whoever we put in defence or midfield.

Can’t say I hate him though, this will be his last season here and I’m ok with his contributions so far - he’s largely worked out.

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  12. say yes

That's because you only ever see what suits you.

There's a legitimate debate to be had as to whether either player offers enough on the pitch (although I'd say Xhaka is doing quite a good job silencing his doubters) .

But I'm sticking to my guns that their character and personality is a huge bonus to this squad. Even if eunachs like you who worshipped the cuckold captain Koscielny will never understand it.

13. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Vinai Venkatesham Stan Trusted

We don't win that semi final or final with Koscielny.

Taneruit, Macho and say yes like this.
  14. say yes

Still delighted he got suspended for the final against Conte's Chelsea in 2017. He was good during the regular season but genuinely the worst bottler I have ever seen when it mattered.

Surprised he doesn't get more hate on here for ruining Wenger's farewell against Atletico.

15. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Luiz is the reverse of Kos.

Kos great 99% of the time, crumbles in the 1% of the biggest games.

Luiz terrible 99% of the time, our best defender in the 1% when the pressure is at it's highest.

Neither are as extreme as this obviously, but broadly this is what both are like...convinced we wouldn't have won the cup this year if Kos stayed though.

16. TakeChillPill

When you'rec making **** ups and having crap games I think luiz has ran out of places to hide, that's why he doesn't bother.

17. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

This one is dedicated to my boy @GDeep™ ...

[​IMG]

...while Big Dave keeps winning, G’s mind won’t stop spinning :drool:

Gooner416, NieThePiet, Trilly and 4 others like this.
  18. Leo_ense_

Leo_ense_ Unknown Member

This guys ability to pass through the lines is going to annihilate some of the mid to lower teams in the league who are set in the low block. He’s going to be key this season.

say yes and Football Manager like this.
  19. Pastore

Pastore Member

Defends and does Xhaka's work for him from defense. Great player.

Ash10 likes this.
  20. say yes

Pretty impressive. Easy to see why Arteta loves him.

NieThePiet and Leo_ense_ like this.