<

David Luiz: 2020/21 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Marjorie, Aug 18, 2020.

1. say yes

say yes Thread Title Abuser

Think one of the more underrated aspects of renewing this guy is going to be his impact on Saliba & Gabriel. Young CBs are inevitably going to take some time to adapt, and being able to lean on someone of Luiz’s experience and stature (particularly for a Brazilian like Gabriel) will be invaluable.

2. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Will be very important. He has two young students to look after now, playing the same position as him. :trophy:

Hope we can keep him around after he retires and doesn’t go straight back to Chelsea like that snake Cech.

3. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member Trusted

Yeah kind of a slap in the face and conformation that he was just here for a paycheck in London.

Was never a fan of that signing and that was the summer that doomed Wenger (imo).

4. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Offer Luiz year on year extensions as long as he keeps performing well. It’s a good way to manage over 30’s.

Stannis and Oxeki like this.
  5. Pop Tart

Pop Tart Well-Known Member

Always going to get Jekyll and hyde from him, but he does offer a lot to the team. Depends where we finish but if it is good then why not keep him for another year

Oxeki likes this.
  6. TakeChillPill

TakeChillPill Well-Known Member

Seems to be working well in a back three, have to credit the genius of arteta by going from a 523 (343) when defending to a 433 or 4222 when we have the ball and possession.The extra man when defending is working fantastically well to cover his defensive short comings.

7. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief

8. Macho

lol not good.

The usuals will probably rejoice, but now we got a bunch of 20 year olds in defence.

The rob holding U turn all of a sudden makes sense.

9. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

Rob keeps Holding on.

krackpot likes this.
  10. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Vinai Venkatesham Stan Trusted

@GDeep™ @BigPoppaPump

11. Pyres7

Pyres7 Active Member

Agreed but unfortunately he's as unreliable a defender as they come. I don't mind keeping him around for another season but we'll never get anywhere without a stable defense.

12. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

13. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

Who's idea was to buy a bunch of old injury prone CBs? Now look we got a bunch of crippled 35 year olds.

14. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

You're just mad I was right again, @ me next time don't be scared.

15. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

Can't wait till we sign 38 year old Thiago Silva for free

Maybe and BigPoppaPump like this.
  16. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

17. krackpot

krackpot Established Member

How Arsenal recruit defenders:

[​IMG]

BigPoppaPump likes this.
  18. Macho

As if I’m scared :lol: I’ve had more back and forths than anyone on this forum probably.

and how are you right about Holding? He’s still not that great and profiting off circumstances. I don’t think he’s that bad myself -inexpensive to keep around and we need him.

Also didn’t know you hated Luiz.

19. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

I don't hate Luiz just don't like us searching through Chelsea's bins for players.

krackpot likes this.
  20. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

A bit of a loss because of we persist with 3atb then no one currently has the same attributes that Luiz has in order to be the central player of the back 3. Maybe Saliba? But lacks experience.

say yes likes this.