<

David Luiz: 2020/21 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Marjorie, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member Trusted

Well that’s something we can agree on.

Hopefully Willian is the last of it.

krackpot likes this.
  2. Tosker

Tosker Does Not Hate Foreigners

3. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Let’s keep talking about off the field stuff because on the field, where it matters, he was absolutely terrible for 90% +, of last season.

4. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Now the old man is out for a considerable amount of time, apparently.

5. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Vinai Venkatesham Stan Trusted

Funny seeing someone call a 33 year old an 'old man', when they're over 10 years older than them. :lol::lol:

Makavelii likes this.
  6. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz No Longer Phallus Obsessed

Sorry to hear, send my warm regards to Gary Sr

GDeep™ likes this.
  7. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Prick :lol:

Luiz is young though, just in football terms, 32 plus is old.

OnlyOne likes this.
  8. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz No Longer Phallus Obsessed

Gary pushing 50, i am hearing? Here we go!

Riou and OnlyOne like this.
  9. Taneruit

Taneruit Well-Known Member

The problem is that those other 10% consist of the most important games we had last season.

I agree that its a manageable loss for a lot of upcoming games, but I'd rather have back 3 Luiz in the starting line-up against Liverpool than not have him.

10. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

This is actually pretty bad for us.

Luiz has actually been pretty damn good for the time Arteta has been at the club, except that one City game where he apparently wasn't even ready to play.

Could hurt us immensely with those big games early on - why do we always have bad luck there, still that old curse from that Voodoo *****?

11. Tomb Bombadil

Tomb Bombadil Active Member

I really hope this is fake news. It can't be that we have 4 ****ing CB injured at the start of the season.

And all of them shouldn't be at our club anymore IMO.

And I said why do we buy more CB when we already have 6 / 7 / 8 CB and now we are lucky that we kept them. Can't be true.

12. Pyres7

Pyres7 Well-Known Member

Might be a blessing in disguise if Gabriel and Saliba can hit the ground running. If we're low on numbers we can still play Tierney at LCB or move to a back 4. I don't think it'll be a major problem.

13. Kysus

Kysus Well-Known Member

Very good performance. Dominant, confident, winning everything high up the pitch. Had the aura of a captain.
    Looking forward to see him with Gabriel.

14. Manberg

Manberg Predator

My man of the match. Luiz doesn’t get the credit he deserves.

UpTheGunnerz and Kysus like this.
  15. boonthegoon

boonthegoon Well-Known Member

Can any coach please tell him to stop pulling shirts

16. Makavelii

Makavelii Well-Known Member

I would agree that individually he’s been subpar at Arsenal. His stats back up that he’s been mediocre individually (huge fall in his stats from his younger days). He’s lost some of his old agility and aggression.

But what gets too often underrated in Centerbacks is their ability to organise the team structure.

They’re at the back and have visibility on the team shape. Luiz has the ability to arrange players effectively and make the team work better as a defensive unit.
    This is why he is still valuable to us on the field.

17. MikelHadADream

MikelHadADream Well-Known Member

Thought he looked really uncomfortable at rcb. He didnt know how the recieve tbe ball, so many times he let it run across his body needlessly, a red card should have come from it.

I'm not a fan of Holding at all, but I think in a back 4, our best combination is Holding-Gabriel.

Maybe likes this.
  18. Pyres7

Pyres7 Well-Known Member

Had a shocker yesterday but I'd still give him another couple of games at RCB and see how he does. Partly because he can communicate with Gabriel until he learns English.

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.