• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz: Calamity Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Ronaldo is Ronaldo though. Hes the boss of whatever team hes in. Luiz is stinking. Weak management. If I was Auba I'd be saying I'm taking it. But hes weak too.

That's the thing tho, Luiz is the only one with any real personality tbh. Which is pretty tragic in itself.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
How many times this season Luiz did injures his head he really loves go hard to headers i admire his bravery but his health should have come first he shouldn't stayed on the pitch he didn't look okay after that.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
This is how desperate I am........play him in midfield ahead of Xhaka. He's quicker and a better passer of the ball.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
An absolute warrior. when blood started seeping through his bandages I thought he was going to do a Terry Butcher.

Luiz was one of those players that I disliked when he used to play for Chelsea. Since he has been here you can't but help like the guy. Not afraid to put his hands up when he makes a mistake (Mustafi take note), incredibly supportive and always offering advice to our younger players. Lost count of the amount of times he literally puts his body on the line for the cause. Right now when most of our players have started to show signs of losing believe in Arteta, Luiz is still going at 100% of his capabilities. Mind you, that is still an error prone defender with a great passing range.

Never liked him. NEVER. Disaster class waiting to happen every time he goes on the field. Chelsea was good at masking over it most of the time but when Luiz join Arsenal and you spice him up with a little bit of Leno behind him and a little bit of Xhaka in front of him. It's terrible. I don't think I've enjoyed Arsenal since then.

Should not have been on the field in my non-professional doctor opinion. Hopefully, he is well and his head won't have any permanent damage from it!

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Luiz was considered a defensive liability and maverick at Chelsea of all clubs. Not even modern day Chelsea but a Chelsea team that could actually defend.

We then decide to sign him 7 years removed from that and expect him to teach our young defenders what exactly? It isn't like he was ever a calming presence at the back.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Luiz was considered a defensive liability and maverick at Chelsea of all clubs. Not even modern day Chelsea but a Chelsea team that could actually defend.

We then decide to sign him 7 years removed from that and expect him to teach our young defenders what exactly? It isn't like he was ever a calming presence at the back.

Maybe because Luiz was a big part of why that team could defend.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Should we try him in midfield? He was easily our most incisive passer, our most incisive player when he started dribbling forward too. I think he'd be better than Elneny, and we could have Gabriel-Holding at the back instead.

We really are ****e at the moment, and I think this could work better than the other **** options we have in midfield. He's got more vision than Elneny or Ceballos and just generally seems to be more urgent going forward and more direct.

Thoughts?

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Should we try him in midfield? He was easily our most incisive passer, our most incisive player when he started dribbling forward too. I think he'd be better than Elneny, and we could have Gabriel-Holding at the back instead.

We really are ****e at the moment, and I think this could work better than the other **** options we have in midfield. He's got more vision than Elneny or Ceballos and just generally seems to be more urgent going forward and more direct.

Thoughts?

If our central defence wasn't so tragic, this wouldn't be a bad idea.

novar

He doesn't seem more urgent, he just has a bit more license to go forward because the midfield protects him.

Put him on midfield and he will do as instructed, pass it back or sideways

gunner4lyfe

Established Member

Thoughts?
I suggested this week's ago. We'd at least have someone who would try to play it through the middle. Plus he can defend. I honestly don't know why it hasn't been tried so far.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I've been saying Luiz could be a good midfielder for years now. He looked quite promising when he played there for Chelsea.

I remember him starting a EL game there for us under Emery but got injured right away...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom