• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz: Calamity Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
would need Gabriel to develop consistency and Saliba and Holding to jump up a level.
So if we waste money on another contract for Luiz, that would help their development? Gabriel is already better than Luiz ever was and I don't think Holding will improve that much. As for Saliba, Luiz getting a new contract here only means he won't play for Arsenal

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I feel like the former were on much higher wages than the latter though. Özil goes without saying, Sokratis I remember reading was on like 80k pw and Kola was on like 100k+ right?

No way we pay the likes of Cedric and Mari that much, Luiz probably on 6 figures though.
Luiz supposedly on 100-120k, Mari and Cedric supposedly on 70-80k too (which is way too much, should be more like Elneny level at 50k but alas).

I can't understand all the people thinking an extension is a good idea. One shouldn't pay 120k a week for what should be the 5th choice option. Let him go by the end of the season.

His leadership and mentality have been appreciated, but they are not worth 120k/week.

Holding and Gabriel are better, Saliba is a huge prospect. We got Mari as a solid 'experienced/old' backup whose been fine whenever called upon. 5th choice should be an academy player, like Ballard or McGuinness or even Mavropanos if he's finally fit and showing form (I'm inclined to sell him to make some money though, if he's doing well in Germany, need to rebuild).

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
So if we waste money on another contract for Luiz, that would help their development? Gabriel is already better than Luiz ever was and I don't think Holding will improve that much. As for Saliba, Luiz getting a new contract here only means he won't play for Arsenal

I should have stopped reading here. With Mustafi and Sokratis gone ww have extra money and extra time for Saliba. If we ever go back to the 5 at the back nonsense, it won't be Kola or Tierney or even Xhaka playing there.

Blood Saliba in next season before we ditch Luiz next summer.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Think he deserves some love. His header was crucial today and defensively didn’t put a foot wrong. Luiz is such an odd player. I always say he’s capable of world class performances but is also capable of costing you a game.

One things for certain, he’s a leader in our team and he never hides. Our defence is better with him.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Think he deserves some love. His header was crucial today and defensively didn’t put a foot wrong. Luiz is such an odd player. I always say he’s capable of world class performances but is also capable of costing you a game.

One things for certain, he’s a leader in our team and he never hides. Our defence is better with him.
Would you bring him back next season?

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Leaning towards yes. He’s our most experienced defender and by all accounts he’s fantastic with the young players. Plus he’s still got a lot of ability. Maybe would try a sneak a pay cut in there :lol:
I think we should give the minutes to Saliba & Holding. He'll be 34 next season.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I think we should give the minutes to Saliba & Holding. He'll be 34 next season.
Whilst I agree with this, say we have our ideal summer and Luiz, Xhaka and Laca exit for younger replacements - wouldn't that leave us short for natural leadership?

I don't think Rob and Tierney would be enough. Auba and Partey (from what I can tell) take care of themselves.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Makes too many mistakes for a top club. We’ve finished midtable with him, could’ve signed a younger player or developed Saliba.

This character stuff is bollocks, first time in my life I’m hearing a player is getting a contract because he’s a strong character etc. Sign Adams or Vieira if you want a character hyping the lads up in the changing room ffs.

We already get Holding and Mari as squaddies for next season, so you don’t need him as back up and you surely don’t want this bum as a starter.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Makes too many mistakes for a top club. We’ve finished midtable with him, could’ve signed a younger player or developed Saliba.

This character stuff is bollocks, first time in my life I’m hearing a player is getting a contract because he’s a strong character etc. Sign Adams or Vieira if you want a character hyping the lads up in the changing room ffs.

We already get Holding and Mari as squaddies for next season, so you don’t need him as back up and you surely don’t want this bum as a starter.

Agree with some of your post, however we all know throwing Saliba in the deep end would have been a mistake, had he stayed Luiz would still be a starter.

I wouldn't sign him on another year though.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Agree with some of your post, however we all know throwing Saliba in the deep end would have been a mistake, had he stayed Luiz would still be a starter.

I wouldn't sign him on another year though.
You didn’t have to play Saliba all season, you could have rotated him and pulled him out etc. Like we’re doing with ESR.

Don’t know why we’re watching bums make mistakes all the time and are finishing midtable two seasons in a row.

Luiz has had some decent moments, but so what? Those are bottom of the barrel expectations. I remember Djourou as a kid being the best player on the pitch against a Mourinho Chelsea, every player has their moments given enough chances.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Whilst I agree with this, say we have our ideal summer and Luiz, Xhaka and Laca exit for younger replacements - wouldn't that leave us short for natural leadership?

I don't think Rob and Tierney would be enough. Auba and Partey (from what I can tell) take care of themselves.
I think Xhaka sticks and ideally you target another midfield player in the mold of Partey who can add some more experience. Also, it appears we have targeted another right sided CB in the past and I would definitely press on this in the summer. Anyway, Arteta is great with the young players. Just look at this,
EvWUSJQXEAYs3LP

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I think Xhaka sticks and ideally you target another midfield player in the mold of Partey who can add some more experience. Also, it appears we have targeted another right sided CB in the past and I would definitely press on this in the summer. Anyway, Arteta is great with the young players. Just look at this,
EvWUSJQXEAYs3LP
:lol:

hyruga2

Leave Theo alone!!!
Where was Luiz for the first goal conceded against Burnley? He's a centreback, right? So where was Luiz?

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Is it hipster to suggest that Luiz is having a decent season?

I think we can improve on him, but he's been our best cb (him or Gabriel) this season.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Will always let you down. Just like Xhaka. Just like Mustafi. Just like Kolasinac.

These lads all have five or so games without either a red card, own goal or giving away a penalty and Arsenal fans want a new contract for them.

If he gets a new contract it’s just to earn Kia some commission, simple as that.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Will always let you down. Just like Xhaka. Just like Mustafi. Just like Kolasinac.

These lads all have five or so games without either a red card, own goal or giving away a penalty and Arsenal fans want a new contract for them.

If he gets a new contract it’s just to earn Kia some commission, simple as that.

Cleary our best defender, him and Xhaka are first names on the team sheet under Mikel.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

They’re his Stones and Rodri, the ****ing dosser.

Ugh, how good is Stones, we were linked in the summer. I actually suggested not to take him if I recall correctly.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Feels like we're on the edge right now
I wish that I could say I'm proud
I'm sorry that I let you down
I let you down
All these voices in my head get loud
I wish that I could shut them out
I'm sorry that I let you down
Let you down

Status
Not open for further replies.