• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz (Out)

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Farewell then Big Dave, it's been a pleasure...

...wonder if Sead ever brought this up to him, it's an awful challenge!

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Dont particularly rate Luiz but I do rate him above Sokratis, Chambers, Holding and Mustafi.

Obviously his wages are probably higher which may be the driving force behind this but I seriously hope some of the above are shifted out.

Hard to know how good Mari is but seems like he could be staying. Add Saliba to that and we have those 2.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
On his day, he can pull off a massive performance. Then there are days when he will do **** like this.

I just think his good days are much better than the others good days. And while he can have his moments he can pick a pass and provide leadership. He has won more than any other of those defenders

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Imagine if this was true, we would only have like 3 first team players left :lol:
Think we'll be fine. It's basically swapping Saliba for Luiz. We've added Mari and we can expect to see Holding again, possibly Chambers.
I'm just not sure he should be a partner with Saliba but I'd like to see Chambers taking the job once he is fit again. That's already an improvement over Mustafi/Sokratis/Luiz.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He's our best defender. I can't stand another season of sok-Mustafi partnership. It's like Selling Bellerin only to keep Jenkinson.

He's a leader. He's won more than all our defenders combined

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

He gets stick because he plays matches. Nobody's going to criticise someone who is on the bench or worse playing for the under 23s.

Is Luiz better than Holding. Yes. Chambers. Yes. Mustafi. Yes. Sokratis yes. Luiz has his faults but he is better than any other central defender we have.

So while people think hes a liability hes also the best of a bad bunch.

We need to clear the decks with central defence and start again. Arguable right back too as Bellerin doesnt look to be going to improve.

Truth be told our whole back 4 is questionable. Tierney has a knack of picking up injuries. Saka doesnt want to play left back. Centre back is a joke and rb as I explained before isnt great. Leno is holding the fort on his own.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He's better than any defender that we have.

I don't see too many Arsenal fans giving him flack. He has a lot of downsides but also lots of upside.

Unlike holding, mustafi and Sokratis that bring no positive.

How many defense splitting pass has Luiz given this season to open up teams?

I've lost count. He's far more integral to our attack than some of our 'attackers' (won't name names. Don't want death threats :lol:)

GDeep™

League is very weak
At his peak he was rubbish. Looks like the manager wants to get rid off the dross, starting with Sok and Luiz. Mustafi will be gone next summer too and we’ll have all new CB’s.

Next season we’ll have Saliba and Mari starting at CB.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He's better than any defender that we have.

I don't see too many Arsenal fans giving him flack. He has a lot of downsides but also lots of upside.

Unlike holding, mustafi and Sokratis that bring no positive.

How many defense splitting pass has Luiz given this season to open up teams?

I've lost count. He's far more integral to our attack than some of our 'attackers' (won't name names. Don't want death threats :lol:)
He’s been poor all season. He’s part of the reason we’re 10th.

At this stage, whatever player you can get rid off, you do it. We’re stacked with dross.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom