David Luiz (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Alan Latchley, May 27, 2020.

1. Oxeki

Oxeki New Thread Merchant

@GDeep™ You do know that there's a middle ground. No one is saying Luiz is top class. But he's clearly better than anything we have currently. He always has a mistake in him but so does our other **** CBs. But he offers more than the others. He's better than Mustafi and Sokratis by far.
    Plus, holding and Chambers are midtable quality at best.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  2. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

He’s been poor all season. I don’t know what you want me to say?

Obviously the manager has other ideas, he sees Luiz everyday.

3. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

Luiz has no chance of catching corona...he was keeping over several metres away from the opposition with the ball even before lockdown.

Alan Latchley likes this.
  4. Mitch

Thiago Silva made Luiz look better than he was. Soon as Silva got banned Germany humiliated him and Marcelo and he was left a crying mess.

5. 14Henry

14Henry Well-Known Member

Talking about defenders how much does anyone on here know about Medley and more interesting Ballard? Both at an age where over the next year or two they should breakthrough into the first team (if good enough). Obviously defenders develop that little bit later but any word of them doing well?

6. Oxeki

He's won more trophies than the whole of our players combined. He's the only CL winner in our squad.

He has played for top clubs.

He was a starter for all those top clubs and he was a starter in a star-studded Brazilian side.

The only leader in our backline

7. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

Leader?! Tony Adams was a leader. Steve Bould was a leader. Martin Keown was a leader.....David Luiz is no leader.

Mitch likes this.
  8. Mitch

John 'shea , Evans and Wes Brown also won a lot of trophies.

Luiz has been publically criticised by the media and fans throughout his career for his defensive mistakes for Brazil, Chelsea, PSG and Arsenal.

9. Oxeki

Most of those players were not guaranteed starters at their clubs. They were squaddies at best.

Luiz won trophies as starter for all the top teams he played for as a starter

10. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz No Longer Phallus Obsessed

And when it boils down to summarize those actually mistakes by David Luiz....it is not so impressive compared to the myth of him being unreliable.

Oxeki likes this.
  11. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

@GDeep™

How highly would you have rated Kos and Per at their best?

12. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Not WC, but very good.

I rated Kos, think he missed having a good partner next to him at times. Also always played in a team where he was constantly exposed.

Both 7/10 types.

13. Mitch

Keown knows.

14. Oxeki

15. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

We have to keep Luiz purely because he's our best CB. If I thought we were bringing in two top CB's then I'd be in favour of letting him go but the reality is we're not even bringing in one CB so based on that we absolutely have to keep him.

Oxeki likes this.
  16. Oxeki

But sadly I think financial aspect would take precedence over the football aspect. They might not renew him because of the current financial climate.
    I hope they do. Don't want to watch another season of sok-Mustafi partnership. It's draining tbh.

Luiz makes mistakes, but he's far more integral to our play than Sokratis and mustafi. I've lost count of the number of times he's split our opponents open with precise through balls

17. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

It won’t be Sok/Mustafi as Arteta doesn’t even rate Sokratis. It’ll be Saliba/Mari. Arteta wants a left footer.

18. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Mari will be replace Luiz, on much lesser wages too. Arteta gets his young left footer.

19. Oxeki

You think Saliba will be a starter next season?

I agree re Mari. But if Mustafi and Sokratis remains next season, at some point we're going to see them together starting games.

20. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Tier 1 Height

'Young' he's only a year younger than Luiz ffs.