David Luiz (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Alan Latchley, May 27, 2020.

1. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz No Longer Phallus Obsessed

This would suck.

2. kraphtous

kraphtous Raul Stanllehi

Laughable signing.

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  3. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Can see him going back to Benfica to finish off his career. Easier league, top club, beautiful country. Nice way to ride off in the sunset.

4. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

He still can go 2021 to Benfica.

Letting Luiz leave this summer (with all the circumstances due to Corona) before Sokratis or even Mustafi would be a joke. Even Holding isn't better at the moment and we don't know how Chambers will recover from his injury.

5. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

If you're keeping an experienced defender you want it to be Luiz. I don't get the impression Sokratis is much of a force in the dressing room, whereas numerous players have spoken about Luiz's influential personality. Plus Luiz's passing is much, much better than Sokratis'.

6. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

8 M, 120K per week. 1 year? What happened here? Surely there will be some investigation?

7. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

He’ll be pushing 35 in 2021/22. Think he’ll want to go there when he can still offer something.

What would be the appeal to stay here? This is not his club so there is no love, just money.

8. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

9. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

''Very high chance' Luiz stays at Arsenal'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11998333

......:lol:

10. dashsnow17

Obviously the whole '24m for one season' thing does sound like a lot and not good value for money, but I wouldn't be that outraged. It's just because most transfers are conveyed to the public as just the transfer fee, whereas every transfer has the fee, agents' fees and wages. If you took into account the entire cost of every transfer then i'm sure many, many transfers around Europe would shock people by how much they cost.

Get These Hands likes this.
  11. Furious

Furious Xhaka Propagandist

We paid 11M total from feb. 2018 to jan. 2019 according to this: https://www.fourfourtwo.com/feature...s-fees-260-million-liverpool-wolves-tottenham

Signings like Leno, Sokratis, etc then. Not players with dubious agents I'm guessing.

6M seems excessive for a Chelsea reject.

12. Tosker

Tosker Hates Foreigners

whether he stays or goes is less important to me than that Arteta has the final say - and I hope that goes for other arrivals, departures and extensions

13. Sanchez11's ghost

Sanchez11's ghost Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

I think Arteta will bin him

14. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

15. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

I will tend to believe Amy over Kia.

16. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Well hopefully this is the case because the fee seemed insane. The Athletic haven't looked the most reliable source in recent times it must be said.

American_Gooner likes this.
  17. TromsoGooner

TromsoGooner Well-Known Member

Kia is not he most trusworthy and Amy Lawrence is an excellent journalist but with Kia being so specific with the numbers you`d think that at least the 6M figure is exaggerated. Hopefully.

18. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Could see the person feeding Amy info having an agenda tbf.

19. dashsnow17

So basically they'll have a chat at some point and probably agree to stay for another year, which is what everyone thought would happen to begin with. And we'd have got our knickers in a twist over nothing.

I sometimes wonder whether what actually goes on behind the scenes is much simpler than it seems. In the press and the general twitter-sphere these negotiations and contract extensions appear to be incredibly long and fraught processes, whereas in reality I imagine often it's just a couple of quick phone calls and a meeting or two. The actors worry about it a lot less than the audience.

oh to be a goon likes this.
  20. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

The Athletic got a few reliable journalists and then had the status of being super reliable because of that. Amy Lawrence is a good journalist, she writes nice thought provoking articles. She has never been the insider type. The other Arsenal beat writer (gunnerblog) is the same. Writes some nice, well researched pieces but I’d take any insider knowledge from him with a pinch of salt as well.

Artisan, Red London and dashsnow17 like this.