David Luiz

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by bingobob, Jan 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aevi

Aevi Moderator Moderator

He wasn't even involved in the 7-1, no?

2. Beksl

Beksl Sell All The Youngsters

Figured it must have something to do with WC humiliation.

He's not a bad player tbh, was very good last year for Chelski. Not sure we'll be able to utilise him to his full potential. Maybe we could use him as a DM, who knows.

3. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

Ornstein mentioned nothing today regarding this

4. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

No, he played.

5. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

I'm sorry for your loss, my condolences. RIP Fred.

El Duderino likes this.
  6. Highbury_2006

Highbury_2006 Village Idiot

Silva didnt play.

al-Ustaadh likes this.
  7. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

For a team who had an Italian manager.

We have zero defensive unity or training.

I'll admit that it's a bias from my part.

...Mostly.

But I'd rather we look some place else and I feel that, though he is not the greatest choice, Evans would allow us to do that.

Luiz would be here in four years before he's loaned back to Brasil.

8. Aevi

Aevi Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

9. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

If they did a Giroud-Luiz swap deal, that would be two "trades" in one January transfer window. Almost like the baseball hot stove season (but even better right now because it's been a really slow offseason on the baseball market). Swap deals rarely happen at all. But two? By Arsenal? In January? That would just be crazy.

Artisan likes this.
  10. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

It doesn't smack of careful long-term planning that's for sure (see Laporte to City), but it wouldn't be a bad piece of opportunism. Would be interesting to watch him play like Elneny did last week, stepping out of defence when we're dominating and joining the other CBs when we're under pressure.

11. al-Ustaadh

I thought he was referring to Luiz and not Silva, given the thread is about Luiz.

12. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

They're best friends. He was the one who made up for Luiz' badness. Kinda just bundle them together. Both were captain and vice captain, no?

Silva was elite, don't get me wrong. Was a fan since his Fluminense days. But after the WC... it all gets tainted.

Look at that line-up. Only Marcelo remains and that's because there are only 3 trully elite Lb in the world and he is one of them (just behind Nacho).

It's a conversation for another topic and I'll end things here, but we used to have more generational talents. Rivaldo, Ronaldinho and Ronaldinho Gaúcho all played together.

Neymar had... Fred. Levels.

Flying Okapis and Aevi like this.
  13. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

Isn't he a bit too erratic to form a good partnership with either Mustafi or Kos, the former especially feels like a match made in hell.

Could be interesting to see him in Elneny's role.

14. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

If Luiz was more younger and his wages not really high i can see us swap him with Giroud. Luiz is not wanted at Chelsea anymore Conte not fancy him anymore.

15. al-Ustaadh

Think it’s more they had a fall out and not that he’s a “bad player” (similar to Mourinho and Mkhitaryan).

16. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

For me would be our best center back signing since Campbell.

He is hugely underrated while our defenders excused because of 'playing in a Wenger team'.

If we can get this done expect him to surprise alot being a v.good defender & leader for us. Huge deal!

17. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

from Watching Alot of Luiz i always think he not a defender because he very error prone can't mark his player well he should be defensive midfielder would suit him well.

18. blaise

blaise Well-Known Member

Intrigued how he d do here. He is quick and strong enough for our style, just also have him as error prone, bonus maybe he can play better than ElNenny his role. Still would prefer him over Evans. At least it would be easier to shift him if he fails.

19. BBF

BBF Real name: Ragip Xh...

We're making threads based on the Dailystar and some randomer off Twitter.

Come on now...

Artisan likes this.
  20. junglist57

junglist57 Well-Known Member

Dodgy source asides - whats with AFC and getting linked to all these outcasts / unwanted?

We're like that desperate guy who only homes in on the fattest drunkest slapper in the whole bar.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.