David Luiz

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by bingobob, Jan 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arsenio Venger

Arsenio Venger Well-Known Member

My lord what dude

2. Camron

Camron Established Member

He has killer distribution though. We have zero at the back as we speak. Also no hesitation to hit the ball in the stands.

From shedend:

LG10 likes this.
  3. yorch44

yorch44 Well-Known Member

still better than Xhaka and Mustafi starting

4. Gunner-Union

Gunner-Union Well-Known Member

Seems like a desperation signing and they have not worked out too well recently. He can ball play but he’s not the best defender and yes a cb who can pass is great but he need to be a good at defending as that’s his main job and imo Luiz is not that. Happy to be proved wrong and if he comes I hope he does great

5. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

People are ignoring the fact that Ornstein has said multiple times the club will step up efforts to sell Mustafi after the UK window closes.

6. Enz__

Enz__ Anti Antique Abuse

What are the chances we sign both him and Rugani and move him further forward to take Xhakas spot and provide extra cover in defence? He played there for Chelsea for a while way back i think. Got the passing range for it, and the defensive side down. Not sure how i feel about another season of Xhaka starting every game.

OspinaColada likes this.
  7. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Looks done. Started the spin.

lufere7, Trilly, Gooner416 and 8 others like this.
  8. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

What kind of wages is he on?

9. KingVerse

KingVerse Active Member

I remember when I saw Guendozi play last season I kept thinking "wait, when did we sign Luiz!?!?" if this happens, this season´ll be difficult.

10. Steps

Steps Well-Known Member

120k/week at last check.

11. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Transfer Junkie

120k a week

12. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Nice for Martinelli to actually someone to talk to in the dressing room as well.

Artisan, Trilly, Camron and 1 other person like this.
  13. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

OKay that's not so bad. I changed my mind. I like this signing

Steps likes this.
  14. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Transfer Junkie

Tierney and Luiz done, Coutinho next. Blimey.

15. Steps

Steps Well-Known Member

And by all accounts he is a good leader. Be nice to have someone on the back line who is experienced and not afraid to step up and take control when needed. Feel like we've been lacking that since Per was playing week-in and week-out.

NieThePiet, Aevi, yorch44 and 2 others like this.
  16. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Tier 1 Height

There are some fantastic defenders at smaller clubs in the PL, and Championship but they aren't ball players and it's reasons top clubs don't go after them.

It's modern football now.

yorch44, field442 and Rex Banter like this.
  17. Troopz

Troopz Well-Known Member

I can already see the likes of Gary Neville and Graeme Souness tearing into David Luiz before the season has started.

He’ll be targeted, along with Özil whenever we lose.

18. Uncle Good-Advice

Uncle Good-Advice Well-Known Member

Like I said before, he will do the job for the time being. Hopefully with CL next season we can attract another, better CB long-term. And then sell Luiz to China through Joorabchian's contacts along with Özil just like scum did with Oscar and Ramires.

19. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

Luiz is an acceptable signing, if it isn't too expensive. I rate him in general and I wanted him before, but not really sure, if it's 20m pounds and a 3 year contract. Heavy stuff.

Want a big CB signing next season

Steps and Iceman10 like this.
  20. RandomHero84

RandomHero84 Well-Known Member

I feel like this might work out really well. We have been crying out for some decent distribution at the back. One of the most bitter things when watching Arsenal is when we get pinned at the back and are forced in to so many pressure passes that you just know the big error is coming.

I think Luiz will help in this way, as well as being better than mustafi in every way.

yorch44 and roz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.