David Luiz

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by bingobob, Jan 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

2. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

A man after @Trilly ’s heart.

3. Underhill

Underhill Well-Known Member

Odd that this happens the season Cech left us. Maybe Chelsea are spying on us or trying to sabotage us.

4. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

Dude, don't be mean. Just because @Trilly gf lives in Portugal and they only talk through texts that does not mean she doesn't exist.

ItWasMeBarry, Aevi, Camron and 3 others like this.
  5. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Emery admit today that we couldn't get our prime targets so we're settling for backup plans

6. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz No Longer Phallus Obsessed

Sounds like me and the lads rounding up our options 2.30 on a saturday nite innit

Camron and yousif_arsenal like this.
  7. FinnGooner

FinnGooner Well-Known Member

CB is the toughest spot to nail down. Pool went through quite a few before landed VvD. City seem to have found a good one in Laporte but Stones and Otamendi haven't convinced, let alone Mangala who was a disaster. Other top teams struggling there as well. ManU have tried out different combos with Jones, Smalling, Bailly, Rojo and Blind. Maybe Maguire-Lindelöf will do the job but remains to be seen. We probably have identified our top targets in Saliba and Upamecano but Upa wasn't available on a realistic price this summer and Saliba is not ready yet. Luiz as a stop gap is decent business with the quoted price.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    drippin and Iceman10 like this.
  8. yousif_arsenal

Anything between 5m-10m is decent business

9. Iceman10

Iceman10 Well-Known Member

Regarding the usual over "we had all summer" that is getting boring now. Obviously we had made a calculated decision over Saliba, counting on Kos to stay with us for the last season of his contract, not unrealistic based on professional norms.

Luiz has some potential to bring some leadership to the backline also, something we wouldn't necessarily have got from 20 year old Upamecano and Rugani. He seems to like Emery, and wants to play for him. The aim for this season is to get back into the CL. Even if we had done a total madness this summer there was no guarantee of getting top 3 because new players often take time to bed in. Someone already up to speed in the PL is not a bad thing for now.

10. yousif_arsenal

11. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

Seems this will get done in the morning or late tonight.

If Tierney and Luiz done by the morning. There might be a surprise.

gkoat likes this.
  12. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

You’d hope next year we’ve made it to the CL and can blow our load on a CB and CM.

If our signings work out in one summer we’ve almost got a complete team, I’m the most excited for a season I’ve been in a long time.

13. em9999

em9999 The Coward of AM

I got a feeling we will get one more, and they call me Nostrudamus

14. yousif_arsenal

Yes we'll go next season with good first team and decent depth with good young talents.

Iceman10 and Rex Banter like this.
  15. Pat Rice

Pat Rice Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy

Chelsea fans absolutely cannot believe this. They seem to think they’re losing their best CB and the rest haven’t looked to clever in preseason.

Iceman10 likes this.
  16. yousif_arsenal

Yes was reading that we getting one of thier key players for cheap because Lampard don't see him as starter

Iceman10, Pat Rice and gkoat like this.
  17. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Transfer Junkie

Get CL football next summer and you’re looking at a starting 11 of -

Leno
    Bellerin - Saliba - Upamecano - Tierney
    Torreira - New CM
    Pepe - Özil? - Auba
    Laca

Going into the 20/21 season. Incredible rise. Then we have to look at replacing Özil, Auba and Laca. Havertz would be my top choice to replace Özil. But we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.

18. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

If this does indeed go through, Chelsea are doing us a massive favour imo.

Iceman10 likes this.
  19. Iceman10

Iceman10 Well-Known Member

Pundits are praising the quick decision of Lampard obliging Luiz by working towards a separation, but I'm not sure they'll be praising him by mid-season. Chelsea locked out from buys are stuck with Giroud up top and unconvincing depth/quality at the back.

20. Tosker

Tosker Hates Foreigners

I hope this means he comes to us determined to prove a point

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.