David Luiz

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by bingobob, Jan 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hunta

Hunta NOT In A Caravan Trusted

We give the ****s Giroud only for him to drag his massive schlong all over Koscielny in the final.

2. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

I think Raul has actually transcended what we call a ‘dick’. What this man is doing is more than the work of a big dick, he’s packing some kind of cannon/magical entity between his legs.

This guy started like 50 games for a CL team last season and is the best ball playing CB in the league and we’ve gotten him for 8M?

L3T5 PL4Y, North5 and Sapient Hawk like this.
  3. Troopz

Troopz Well-Known Member

A CB pairing of Sokratis and Luiz is going to be interesting. They’re both reckless defenders.

You’ll either get a solid performance or a 0/10 + a red card.

Gooner Zig, Dj_sds - and Gunner-Union like this.
  4. Pat Rice

Pat Rice Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy

Chelsea fans saying it will be good business for them if they sell for north of £30m ...

5. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Transfer Junkie

Luiz spreading balls to Tierney bombing down the left and Bellerin bombing down the right whilst Pepe, Auba and Lacazette await delivery.

[​IMG]

Taurus, L3T5 PL4Y, OnlyOne and 4 others like this.
  6. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Tier 1 Height

Yeah they owe use one. We're replacing a cuck in Kos with a younger version who's actually won something in his career.

Sapient Hawk and Iceman10 like this.
  7. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

Might block you...

El Duderino likes this.
  8. Iceman10

Iceman10 Well-Known Member

Stats for 2018/19 are not bad for Luiz. 36 appearances in the PL, only 3 yellow cards (0 red cards).

Jackie_Treehorn, North5 and Troopz like this.
  9. TromsoGooner

TromsoGooner Well-Known Member

Luiz is a very different player to the one who arrived in England. Think him and Sokratis would compliment each other quite well. Three yellow cards and 0,9 fouls per game last season.

10. GunnerUK

GunnerUK Well-Known Member

Really not felling this signing would of bit you’re arm off 3 yeas ago but not now.

But know this is happening he’ll be an Arsenal player tomorrow. Really wanted a solid CB to partner holding.

11. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

Clearly winger was our priority for this window. This will have to do.

Don't think he'll be a bad signing. Perfect seeing as we aren't going big.

12. GunnerUK

Hoping for a You turn and shock signing tomorrow. Umtiti ect

Gunner-Union likes this.
  13. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Transfer Junkie

In fairness the club had huge targets in every position. That makes me happy.

14. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Prefers To Be Called Dennis

Surely this must be some smokescreen for something bigger!

15. Sapient Hawk

Sapient Hawk The Reason We're Out of Europe

His goal celebration for PSG against Chelsea a few years ago to knock them out at the bridge showed me that he has that vindictive streak about him that I like in players.

Hopefully he's got a bit more fire in him going into this season.

16. Lakersgooner24

Lakersgooner24 Well-Known Member

Just because one is cheap doesn't necessarily mean it's a good buy. We all know his qualities on the ball (fun to watch when his passing is on song), but we also know his clownish tendencies in defense (should fit right in in that respect).

Honestly hoping this is just smoke and mirrors for a bigger move, although I know it's unlikely at this point. God help us if we have to pair him with Mustafi at a certain point, which, with our injury issues, is a distinct possibility.

Would he be a better stopgap CB than Cahill (who I'd think would just be Silvestre mkII) who we've also been linked with? Different styles, but I assume he would, although that's not saying much these days.

17. Hleb's Sirush

Hleb's Sirush Well-Known Member

I think we have unfortunately run out of smokescreens (well smoke, as that is the only ingredient you need for a smokescreen). we used a lot of it near CP and Zaha when we were signing Pepe. The rest was used near Turin. We are in the open now, stark naked.

18. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Prefers To Be Called Dennis

Hardest thing in the world to explain to people on arsenal-mania. They still think Elneny was a good buy because he was cheap.

Gunner-Union and Lakersgooner24 like this.
  19. GunnerUK

Players who we’ve purchased from Chelsea in recent history or I care to remember.

Diarra
    Gallas
    Benayoun
    Cech

None of them worth carrot and transfers we should of avoided like the plague.

Luiz is just a 5th Mistake waiting to happen

20. Hleb's Sirush

Hleb's Sirush Well-Known Member

It would really be odd if Chelsea sell him that cheap to us. They are under a ban, would be strengthening a direct rival. You would think they would make as hard as possible and make us pay extra to even consider it. This window has just been mad, everything is upside down

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.