David Luiz

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by bingobob, Jan 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackie_Treehorn

Jackie_Treehorn Well-Known Member

Careful what you wish for - he might put a two-footer on Lampard on the touch line:lol:

2. Gunner-Union

Gunner-Union Well-Known Member

most Chelsea fans don't seem to care too much and are backing Lampard. they all say he can pass and effect the game that way but is a poor defender which is what a lot of us here know already. we shall see but in all honesty i dont expect him to make much difference at the defensive end which is what we need badly

gkoat and Ind0Gunnerz like this.
  3. 6gunner

6gunner Active Member

careful, you know he'd try to slip the tongue in

Rex Banter and gkoat like this.
  4. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

I don't think Luiz will necessarily start here if all our options are fit. I know for sure that him + Sokratis will be a poor partnership balance wise.

If Holding meets his earlier form for us then it will be between Sokratis and Luiz to be his partner. Luiz will offer fantastic passing and composure, but less recovery speed and power than Sokratis.

Regardless it pushes Mustafi down the pecking order and hopefully out the club. The order of CB's imo:

1. Holding 2. Sokratis 3. Luiz 4. Chambers 5. Mustafi

5. 6gunner

6gunner Active Member

Where this has the potential to help us defensively is by reducing our reliance on Xhaka to distribute from deep allowing us to play Torreria or even Cellabos as our #6.

6. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

Reading the Sheds fans opinions has made me feel better about signing Luiz. A lot of of them seem annoyed and are worried about going with a CB pairing of Zouma and Christensen who they dont seem to rate.

krackpot likes this.
  7. Jackie_Treehorn

Jackie_Treehorn Well-Known Member

The moment I heard this rumor I thought of this possibility. We could see real results from his skill on the ball.

8. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

Exactly. We don't need to rely on Xhaka for anything other than keeping the bench warm.

9. Pat Rice

Pat Rice Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy

Very intelligent point.

Torreira - Guendouzi/Willock - Ceballos midfield has enough energy to win ball back higher up the pitch in that case also. Which means less defending to do. Which means less horror cock ups

JENSON_GUNNER likes this.
  10. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

The crybabies moaning about Luiz for 5-10m and not signing Upamecano are going to be pleasantly surprised as the season progresses is all I can say.

11. Wryer

Wryer Well-Known Member

I think Luiz has come a long way and looked a different player following his second stint.

Let's just say between Rugani and Luiz - I'll take Luiz and review in December.

But I'd imagine the media will have a field day when Luiz - Mustafi makes the starting 11. :lol:

yorch44 likes this.
  12. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Looking forward to his free kicks and he can teach Douzi a thing or two about real diving.

13. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

Wonder who wil be the opted freekick takers now out of Özil, Xhaka Ceballos and Luiz?

DanDare likes this.
  14. yorch44

yorch44 Well-Known Member

Finally someone who understands about football and why you need passing abilities from you CB in modern football. The times when you wanted pure trolls defending has ended. You need at least one of them to be good with the ball. Just like Puyol - Rafita Márquez one was the muscle, Rafa was the brain and class!

15. Wryer

Wryer Well-Known Member

I'll take Özil out of that list. He's limited when it comes to dead ball, but that's no slight because when players are static the dynamics changes. He's a precision machine when every part is moving.

Luiz as well, unless it's a freekick with a sight on goal.

krackpot, JENSON_GUNNER and celestis like this.
  16. Highbury_2006

Highbury_2006 Village Idiot

Pretty sure he can defend. He was in the PFA Team of The Year 2017 and probably not because of his passing skills.

17. Arsenal1508

Arsenal1508 Mods are unethical! Ozil, come assist me please!

No brainer - take Luiz. Defenders don't get **** at 32. He is World Class on the ball. He may have his Mustafi moments, but atleast we get an upgrade on passing the ball out of the back.

Look at Huth and Morgan at Leciester - both 32 when they won the league.

18. FluffyDoozi

FluffyDoozi Well-Known Member

He's defending is underrated. He may not be prime Chiellini but he has improved in the last few years. He's not a worse defender than our Greek wrestler at the back. Coupled with his elite ball playing, he's going to be our best defender

NieThePiet, Trilly, Gooner416 and 2 others like this.
  19. zilfy

zilfy Well-Known Member

He is quality, which makes me think these rumours of 5-8 mil are rubbish. Hes more in the 15-20 range isn't he? 32 isn't that old this day and age

20. thierrytheking14

thierrytheking14 Well-Known Member

Are you crazy man?

On here 27 is 35.

32 is 40+.

Should be retired...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.